11/29 @ #12 Minnesota 9:15 [ESPN 2]

The only thing that can hold this team back is Newton... BUT if he plays like he did last night they can be pretty good!

IF Waardenburg does anything besides turn the ball over, Miami wins by 15+ last night.

Advertisement
The only thing that can hold this team back is Newton... BUT if he plays like he did last night they can be pretty good!

IF Waardenburg does anything besides turn the ball over, Miami wins by 15+ last night.

He had 2 turnovers we won by 5.He had a bad game but didnt cost us 10 points.

Huell is a beast, really like Lykes (little beast?). First game l got to watch thus year. Coach L is a god.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is a solid ****** team.

We beating Duke. Mark it down.

We always beat Duke

B7SHFYEIgAAc1rI.jpg

Advertisement

Waardenburg looked completely lost and overwhelmed. Will need to see big improvement for him to contribute anything against ACC opposition.

Stage was clearly too big for Waardenburg. Only concern I have is we needed more help inside for Huell and Izundu. Not another 6'9 3 pt shooter. Was hoping Miller had improved but ... guess not.

I've been to that arena. Very interesting that (like at Vandy), it is (or was) a "raised" court, meaning fans seated down low are below the court's floor.

Advertisement
Stage was clearly too big for Waardenburg. Only concern I have is we needed more help inside for Huell and Izundu. Not another 6'9 3 pt shooter. Was hoping Miller had improved but ... guess not.

I've been to that arena. Very interesting that (like at Vandy), it is (or was) a "raised" court, meaning fans seated down low are below the court's floor.

They have an ice rink under the wooden BB court.

Waardenburg looked completely lost and overwhelmed. Will need to see big improvement for him to contribute anything against ACC opposition.

He was also bad on the Def end. When he was in Minny would go on small runs.

Great win, especially given that place is so hard to play in....

Huell looked amazing, I think he's finally turned a corner this year.

Advertisement
Great win in a tough environment.

Huell has really improved. Minnesota has grown-*** men on the front line and Huell went right at them and attacked the basket. Really impressed with him so far. That front line also showed that Waardenburg has to get stronger. He looked like an international player seeing big strong dudes for the first time.

Lykes and Walker showing flashes. Both still adjusting to the college game a bit.

Passing last night was terrific. What are we going to look like when Lonnie gets on track??? And people bag too much on Newton. Yes he has some warts to his game, but most people on here were saying he wouldn't get any PT this year with the wings and guards we had returning and coming in. And he's still Coach L's man to start at the point. Lykes will eventually be a better player than Newton, but we need Jaquan to give us his A game for us to excel this year. When he's not turning the ball over, his ability to create off the dribble is a huge asset.

Great win in a tough environment.

Huell has really improved. Minnesota has grown-*** men on the front line and Huell went right at them and attacked the basket. Really impressed with him so far. That front line also showed that Waardenburg has to get stronger. He looked like an international player seeing big strong dudes for the first time.

Lykes and Walker showing flashes. Both still adjusting to the college game a bit.

Lykes and Walker are only going to improve. The former is fearless and he is a pest on the defensive end. His presence takes a ton of pressure off of Newton and I've always felt Jaquan was better playing off the ball anyways and getting to his spots on the floor.

Once Walker realizes that no one will deter him from getting to the rim is when he will really shine. He's already an above average defender but I liked what I saw when he started driving to the basket.

Advertisement
Love the little guy, bet he is closer to 5-3 than 5-7. Huelles offensive game game was dynamic but his defensive and rebounding were anemic, only 2 rebounds and literally no clue what is happening on the the defensive end. Sam did look completely clueless out there, a turnover machine .

Love the little guy, bet he is closer to 5-3 than 5-7. Huelles offensive game game was dynamic but his defensive and rebounding were anemic, only 2 rebounds and literally no clue what is happening on the the defensive end. Sam did look completely clueless out there, a turnover machine .

Defense overall was not good. Way too many layups. Terrible communication and no one stopped the ball in transition. Coach L is not gonna be happy with the defensive performance. But offense was great. Attacked the basket, very few forced 3s, attacked their bigs, good screens, and limited turnovers. I think we'll win most games with defense but it's good to know we can outscore good teams too.

My fiance who knows relatively nothing about sports said with authority last night:

"That Newton guy is basically Mario Chalmers."

Advertisement
Back