11/28 Rutgers @7:15 (ESPNU)

Advertisement
I have more of an idea than the mouth breathers that actually believe that Compliance is actively trying to ***** a student-athlete. The fact that we have a fanbase that is so incredibly paranoid, that they have these beliefs, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary, is alarming. The NCAA is doing what they do best, and that's take their sweet time. An organization that was accountable to someone, anyone would have cleared this up a long time ago. Dewan's family should be saber rattling with an attorney, but that hasn't happened yet.

Again, you’re wrong. Feel free to read the Dewan thread. There is no need to discuss this here.

The only thing you’re right about is your last sentence.

I don't understand how you can think L sucks, but think Richt is good. I can understand if you dislike both coaches, but liking the inferior coach doesn't really make sense.

The "inferior coach", according to you, somehow managed to win 10 games per year in the nation's toughest conference. The superior coach, according to you, had a 10-day run in 2006. That's his claim to fame.

The "inferior coach", according to you, somehow managed to win 10 games per year in the nation's toughest conference. The superior coach, according to you, had a 10-day run in 2006. That's his claim to fame.

Going to the final 4 at George Mason is a lot more impressive than averaging 9.66 wins per year in the SEC. I am not one of the L slurpers and do not think he is some savant coach. I also think, like Richt, he may have already seen his best days. However, L is 10x the coach Richt could ever hope to be. Richt had one of the easiest coaching situations in the nation between the bag droppers, no instate competition for recruits, tons of money on assistants(plus an AD that actually cared about winning and helped Richt fire and choose new assistants), etc. yet he still averaged 9.66 wins per year at UGA. L was at a mid major school and led them to the final 4. He then went to a school that historically sucked at basketball and led them to 2 sweet 16s and 3 year in a row NCAAT streak.

Going to the final 4 at George Mason is a lot more impressive than averaging 9.66 wins per year in the SEC.

Going to the Final Four at George Mason was literally a 10-day fluke accomplishment. George Mason was barely a tournament team before AND after they went to the Final Four. That should not even be brought up in the same forum as someone competing in SEC football for 15 years.

However, L is 10x the coach Richt could ever hope to be.

This is just dumb, even for this board. Mullenaga is a first-round-loss coach.

Richt had one of the easiest coaching situations in the nation between the bag droppers, no instate competition for recruits, tons of money on assistants(plus an AD that actually cared about winning and helped Richt fire and choose new assistants), etc. yet he still averaged 9.66 wins per year at UGA. L was at a mid major school and led them to the final 4. He then went to a school that historically sucked at basketball and led them to 2 sweet 16s and 3 year in a row NCAAT streak.

Mullenaga needed 10 seniors and juniors - recruited by someone else - to get to the Sweet 16. His second venture was made possible by playing a #14 and then a #11 seed. Very Morris-esque. Richt has top five finishes in the nation's toughest conference.

Advertisement
Going to the Final Four at George Mason was literally a 10-day fluke accomplishment. George Mason was barely a tournament team before AND after they went to the Final Four. That should not even be brought up in the same forum as someone competing in SEC football for 15 years.

This is just dumb, even for this board. Mullenaga is a first-round-loss coach.

Mullenaga needed 10 seniors and juniors - recruited by someone else - to get to the Sweet 16. His second venture was made possible by playing a #14 and then a #11 seed. Very Morris-esque. Richt has top five finishes in the nation's toughest conference.

Going to the final 4 was not a fluke. It was called doing more with less. Something Richt has never done in his entire life.

And Richt needed players recruited by someone else to go the furthest he ever went. The only year he would have actually made the playoff was with Jim Donnans players.

I agree with the Mullenaga nickname and I even use it myself. I think it is hilarious and great nickname that you created. As stated before I think L is overrated and not an elite coach. That said, he is clearly better than Richt. I find it bizarre that you call out L, but love Richt.

Going to the final 4 was not a fluke. It was called doing more with less. Something Richt has never done in his entire life.

And Richt needed players recruited by someone else to go the furthest he ever went. The only year he would have actually made the playoff was with Jim Donnans players.

I agree with the Mullenaga nickname and I even use it myself. I think it is hilarious and great nickname that you created. As stated before I think L is overrated and not an elite coach. That said, he is clearly better than Richt. I find it bizarre that you call out L, but love Richt.

Going to the Final Four as an 11-seed is pretty much the definition of "fluke". Notice that he never came close before or after that season. Going to the Final Four requires getting hot for 10 days. Literally.

L has done nothing to suggest that he is clearly better than Richt at any point in his career.

Going to the Final Four as an 11-seed is pretty much the definition of "fluke". Notice that he never came close before or after that season. Going to the Final Four requires getting hot for 10 days. Literally.

L has done nothing to suggest that he is clearly better than Richt at any point in his career.

L’s winning the ACC regular season and tournament titles at Miami is a bigger accomplishment than anything Richt has ever done or will ever do.

L’s making the final four at Mason is a bigger accomplishment than anything Richt has ever done or will ever do.

L has never abjectly blown a season (at a bottom dwelling basketball school, no less) like Richt has done with this year.

You are out of your **** mind.

LOL.
"something, usually a good thing, that has happened as result of chance instead of skill or planning "
They didn't beat MSU, UNC, Wichita St, and UConn in a row due to chance instead of skill or planning.
Before L they made the NCAAT once and one other time made a post season tournament. L brought them to the NCAAT 5 times and 4 other post season tournaments. Going to the final 4 at a school like that is a great accomplishment.

Then he came to Miami and won the ACC regular season championship and tournament championship. He also brought us to 2 sweet 16s and 4 NCAAT berths in his 7 seasons here. That is no easy feat at a school that is known to suck at basketball.

Richt had all the advantages anyone could ever ask for Boosters, no in state competition, one of the most talent rich states, etc. Saban wasn't even there yet when he first got there. His biggest rival for half the time he was there had the worst series of coaches in their history and he still had trouble winning the SEC East. A good coach would have been able to turn UGA into what Bama has become under Saban before Saban got to Bama. Instead Richt ****ed up year after year after year. Richt only has 2 of UGAs 15 conference titles.

At this point you have to be trolling if you think Richt is actually a good coach. Even the other Richt fans admit Richt is not good, but they like him because of his values.

Advertisement
L’s winning the ACC regular season and tournament titles at Miami is a bigger accomplishment than anything Richt has ever done or will ever do. That basketball feat (both titles by UM) is highly unlikely to be done again!

L’s making the final four at Mason is a bigger accomplishment than anything Richt has ever done or will ever do. That accomplishment will definitely never be achieved again!

L has never abjectly blown a season (at a bottom dwelling basketball school, no less) like Richt has done with this year.

You are out of your **** mind.

Advertisement
Back