11/28 Rutgers @7:15 (ESPNU)

Advertisement
I don't know how many (if any) play major minutes but they've got six guys (4 returnees from last year) who are 6'9 or taller.

How and why did we draw Rutgers?

Miami finished 3rd in the ACC last year, while Rutgers finished dead last with a 3-15 record in the Big 10.

What are the factors for drawing your opponent? I'm sure this year's projections are taken into consideration, but even so, we should've drawn at least a middle of the pack Big 10 team such as Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, or Maryland. This does not make any sense to me.

How and why did we draw Rutgers?

Miami finished 3rd in the ACC last year, while Rutgers finished dead last with a 3-15 record in the Big 10.

What are the factors for drawing your opponent? I'm sure this year's projections are taken into consideration, but even so, we should've drawn at least a middle of the pack Big 10 team such as Iowa, Northwestern, Penn State, or Maryland. This does not make any sense to me.

It's a good question, but it seems to be a mystery. The only thing that seems apparent to me is ESPN's desire to create name match-ups, which then are the featured games. In other words:

MSU - Louisville -- 7:00 Tuesday
Indiana - Duke -- 9:30 Tuesday
UVA - Maryland -- 7:00 Wednesday OR Syracuse - OSU
UNC - Michigan -- 9:30 Wednesday

Advertisement
One year we played Michigan St at home and won, one time we played Illinois at home, other than that we have not played an attractive opponent from the Big 10. Twice we played at Nebraska and now twice at home vs Rutgers

One year we played Michigan St at home and won, one time we played Illinois at home, other than that we have not played an attractive opponent from the Big 10. Twice we played at Nebraska and now twice at home vs Rutgers

Illinois isn't good. Not just this year, it has been some time. They haven't made the NCAAT since 2012-13.

When we played them (2014-15) in the ACC/BIG10, they were pretty bad and they were pretty bad the year before.

I believe we played a solid Purdue team on the road and a solid Minnesota team at home (or was that an NIT home game?).

Advertisement
Advertisement
We played Minnesota last year in the challenge on the road and won. They were ranked highly until they had injuries and a player who was a sexual predator or something. As someone else said, we played at Purdue one year. I think we played Michigan one year under Haith too, but overall, we have not had great matchups.

We played Minnesota last year in the challenge on the road and won. They were ranked highly until they had injuries and a player who was a sexual predator or something. As someone else said, we played at Purdue one year. I think we played Michigan one year under Haith too, but overall, we have not had great matchups.
Especially at home, other than that one time vs Michigan State.

Advertisement
Didn't we play Ohio St one year at home when Jack McClinton got ejected or was that before the challenge started?

Advertisement
Back