11/12: @ UCF 9:00PM (CBS Sports Network)

Advertisement
I'm willing to make a large monetary bet this team doesn't win more than 3 ACC Games. The last 6 minutes of defensive rebounding was just scary bad. You have to play Walker and Deng together more. It is the only prayer we've got of winning more than 10 games

Advertisement
Advertisement
It is very simple, our best lineup has four guards and someone not named Sam or Rodney. Almost too simple.

Bev is too good to keep off the court. And when an injury/fouls forced Coach to take out Sam and Rodney, we had more success.

Lykes will get healthier/better, something looks off.

Stone and Walker. Stone. And Walker

I have no idea how Stone fits into this lineup. He doesn’t play like a big man, he likes to hang around the perimeter.

Lineup #1: Lykes, DJ, Bev, Kam and Walker

Lineup #2: Wong, Lykes/DJ, Kam/Bev, Stone and Walker

Advertisement
I'm willing to make a large monetary bet this team doesn't win more than 3 ACC Games. The last 6 minutes of defensive rebounding was just scary bad. You have to play Walker and Deng together more. It is the only prayer we've got of winning more than 10 games

It has been that way for years. It appears at times we do not coach boxing out at all, not to mention free throw practice some years.

I feel certain that of course is not the case, but we simply do not rebound worth a ****.

UM

Advertisement
Random Stuff:

- Besides featuring a lineup with 4 guards, as previously stated, I think it will be key that our guards combine for 60 Points. Last night, 4 of them combined for 59.
- Bev needs to start and he needs to be the 4th guard on the first lineup.
- Sam's final stat line: 18 Mins, 2 Points, 2 Rebounds, 1 Assist and 1 Turnover.
- Here is our 3PT shooting through 3 Games: UL: 10-24, FAU: 5-18 and UCF: 5-20 or 20-62 (32.2%). I think we shot 33.3% last year.
- Here is our FT shooting through 3 games: UL: 4-11, FAU: 9-14 and UCF: 16-22 or 29-47 (61.7%). I think we shot 73.5% last year.
- When Sam and Rodney are on the court at the same time, you have a very slow and non-aggressive lineup. I am unclear how many points (combined) they allowed, but it was certainly more than they scored. Keeping them in at the same time makes no sense. At least with Walker, you have a more aggressive defender and rebounder.

Rodney has some of the worst hands I've ever seen. Sam isn't far behind. Wong is playing too fast right now. He'll be better towards January. If this team wins 3 ACC games I'll be impressed. Lykes still hasn't found his rhythm. I know that he wants to make "game winning plays" but first he's got to get back to being effective.

Advertisement
Back