11-11

And yet he said in his presser "nobody wants to talk about the condition the program was in when he got here". Definitely wasnt what he said when he got here. Now all of a sudden its a rebuild? Whats wrong Mario? Not enough 5 stars to cover your horrendous coaching? We have to recruit in the top five to over come his coaching deficiencies against below average teams.
Did he really say this!?! Because it’s insane if he truly said that! Someone needs to tell him to stop and look around college football and see how fast teams turn things around. Susan has been the only reporter asking him tough questions (in between her usual silly questions 😂)

Advertisement
Mario is in way over his head. He is not as good (or as smart) as he thinks he is. The administration clearly made a mistake hiring him. We will never win anything of significance with him as our head coach. If I were a fan from an opposing fanbase, I'd pray he stays on as head coach forever. He is that bad.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Mario should have taken a knee - we'd be 7-3 right now.

Did he really say this!?! Because it’s insane if he truly said that! Someone needs to tell him to stop and look around college football and see how fast teams turn things around. Susan has been the only reporter asking him tough questions (in between her usual silly questions 😂)
Yes he did. In the post game interview last night. Gary asked him why offense changed and why cant they throw the ball. He said he doesnt understand the question lol. Said he had to go back and look at stats lmao.

Advertisement
ill wait to confirm if he really said that but that whole thing is so overblown and it gets parroted by one person who clearly has a deep hatred for Manny. Louisville and Washington were both in worse shape than us and had immediate turnarounds. you can win right away in CFB. the myth of taking 5 years is bull****. winning also helps speed up the time it takes to build too.

We're kind of in a lose-lose situation. If we manage to go 8-5/9-4 with the bowl game that'll be enough ammunition for Mario to claim "improvement" and continue to play his asinine style of offense. If we go 6-7/7-6 with the bowl game this place will be toxic and we're going to struggle to recruit.

As much as i hate to say it I think the future of the program will be better served if we collapse AND our administration forces Mario to make changes that include him not being able to touch the offense. Go hire a Dan Mullen and tell him he has complete autonomy over the offense. If Mario doesn't like it he can walk.

There’s talent here to field a good team.

Our coaching is the main reason why our kids regress, have penalties, look disorganized, etc.

Unfortunately it looks like the talent isn’t gonna continue coming.

Last edited:
Advertisement
theyre going to the ACCCG in year 1. id gladly take Louisvilles season every year after this bc that would be the best we've done since 2003.

Some on here say we can’t get one portal Qb yet Louisville took 3 in the summer. I personally prefer we take two: one likely starter for 2024 and another with 2+ years to compete with Emory, brown, Luke, Judd in 2025.

Miami has a good chance against UL because UL plays on the edge vs Mario conservative. They will make mistakes on both sides of the ball and will have big plays. Boom or bust. Room their running game and force Plumber to throw as he does throw INTs. On Offense, without Parrish and Chaney at 100% our run game is really limited. TVD can’t throw more INTs than plumber.

We're kind of in a lose-lose situation. If we manage to go 8-5/9-4 with the bowl game that'll be enough ammunition for Mario to claim "improvement" and continue to play his asinine style of offense. If we go 6-7/7-6 with the bowl game this place will be toxic and we're going to struggle to recruit.

As much as i hate to say it I think the future of the program will be better served if we collapse AND our administration forces Mario to make changes that include him not being able to touch the offense. Go hire a Dan Mullen and tell him he has complete autonomy over the offense. If Mario doesn't like it he can walk.
dan Mullen would be my dream coordinator for offense. I just think hes happy being on tv w no pressure anymore. he didnt enjoy the end of his time at UF and it wasn't like he was bad there (he led them to their best seasons since Urban was an HC - 2 ny6 bowls and 1 ny6 win). it fell apart bc he wanted out and he isnt a recruiter. the biggest issue is seeing how our HC deals with another big ego as a coordinator.

He’s turned over 75% of the roster and a large majority of those players he has kept from Manny will be in NFL training camps in the next 2 years. There’s no excuse for being this bad. This is your roster and the rest that are around are playing to a pretty high level.

Advertisement
Mario’s record at UM to this point:

OR: 11-11
ACC: 5-9
ACC Home: 2-5

I said it prior to Mario hiring Guidry and Dawson—- How many HCs who replaced both coordinators after year 1 became successful?

Yea we likely have this clown for another 4 years but this bird is cooked. Mario ain’t it.

It’s hard enough to win, but when you have to overcome refs and horrible coaching It’s near impossible. It becomes a guaranteed loss when factor in the special teams blunders we make weekly.

There isn’t one thing you can take away from this season and say ah yes I see the vision. Outside of a few nice games defensively we might be worse than last year.

We are on the brink of a season collapse heading into signing day. We also have a pathetic 2024 class outside of a few guys. We have no answer for the QB, CB, and DT position.
I truly believe some people get off on firings and banner flying talk. We're running our mouths against a coach who has yet to finish his second season on the job. A coach who left a MUCH BETTER JOB with a BIGGER FAN BASE, and WAY BETTER FACILITIES to come down here! Mario absolutely deserves some criticism with his gameday coaching, but nonetheless, the team has definitely improved. Talent has improved, both lines have improved, the defense overall has improved. The QB room management criticism is warranted, but I can give him a pass UP TO THIS POINT. Again, TVD was getting rave reviews after his freshman season. His play last year was bad, but he also was playing injured. Even with all that, Alabama was trying to pry him away from Miami this past offseason. I don't think anyone expected him to play so bad that he would be benched in favor of a true freshman though. Besides Georgia Tech, the combined records for the teams we lost to are 25-5, LOL....if we lose next week.....then that record would be 35-6. Now Mario is officially on the clock after this season. He absolutely must improve the QB room. I also believe he must move on from the OC or at least let him loose in terms of playcalling. I implore everyone to keep the toxicity to a minimum, because if Mario fails here...then any hope of Miami returning back to CFB prominence is dead.

dan Mullen would be my dream coordinator for offense. I just think hes happy being on tv w no pressure anymore. he didnt enjoy the end of his time at UF and it wasn't like he was bad there (he led them to their best seasons since Urban was an HC - 2 ny6 bowls and 1 ny6 win). it fell apart bc he wanted out and he isnt a recruiter. the biggest issue is seeing how our HC deals with another big ego as a coordinator.
I totally get that but if Mario were to somehow humble himself I think would Mullen would absolutely kill it here as OC. Have Mullen run the offense fully and let Mario do what he does best - acquire talent. That could be a selling point to Mullen - "Dan you tell me who you want and I'll do the heavy lift on the recruitment".

Hopefully Mario has a moment of professional growth and hires someone who is an expert running the piece of our program that is lacking under him. If not it'll be rinse and repeat on another head coach in due time.

Advertisement
I totally get that but if Mario were to somehow humble himself I think would Mullen would absolutely kill it here as OC. Have Mullen run the offense fully and let Mario do what he does best - acquire talent. That could be a selling point to Mullen - "Dan you tell me who you want and I'll do the heavy lift on the recruitment".

Hopefully Mario has a moment of professional growth and hires someone who is an expert running the piece of our program that is lacking under him. If not it'll be rinse and repeat on another head coach in due time.
I agree.

He’s turned over 75% of the roster and a large majority of those players he has kept from Manny will be in NFL training camps in the next 2 years. There’s no excuse for being this bad. This is your roster and the rest that are around are playing to a pretty high level.
Yes there is. The excuse is the QB play is worse than anyone could have imagined. This bad? 6-4 with losses to 3 ranked teams.

Yes there is. The excuse is the QB play is worse than anyone could have imagined. This bad? 6-4 with losses to 3 ranked teams.
3 of the 6 wins are against 2 g5 teams and 1 fcs team in the weakest p5 conference in football right now (yes the ACC is the worst p5 conf right now. b12 is better overall, b10 better, sec better, pac 12 is better)

Advertisement
Back