$10M per year to Mario - make the offer now

The only thought I have is a huge yearly endowment that the true old money top tier schools receive from very wealthy old money alumns. The rich get richer
I think this is how it works actually. I sort of did some research on it a few years back but forgot because I am old and have kids so my brain is being drained at an alarming rate.

Advertisement
Not only that, but over the last 2 years of the pandemic, the rich have gotten richer. The Trustees are swimming in cash.

Here's what you do. There are nearly 100 Trustees. Tell every single one of them to write a check for a million dollars. That will cover all their past fvck-ups and guarantee their continued tenure as a Trustee.

Now you have $100M to hire Mario and a staff (and an AD), and the Trustees have clean consciences after years of misguided loyalty to Coker and his horrible (late-stage) hirees, Shannon and his paranoia, Golden and his stubbornness, Richt and his declining health, Manny's "bet on himself", and Beta Blake's "bet on Manny". Not to mention Hocvnt and the Shermanator.

Clear the decks. All old Corleone family business will be settled. Fire Beta Blake and Manny and give Mario a clear runway to come in for his landing.

You've officially taken a dive off of the diving board into a pool without water.

You're going to tell the BOT to each write a check for a million bucks and hang their BOT status as the carrot?

Yes, that should work. OMG, I hope your post was a joke or this is officially the craziest post ever on this board.

Don't Vandy get a train run on them every year by the rest of the SEC?
I just went back to the original post to make sure it was clear we were talking baseball. We were but if we were talking football your comment would hold all sorts of water.

Advertisement
You've officially taken a dive off of the diving board into a pool without water.

You're going to tell the BOT to each write a check for a million bucks and hang their BOT status as the carrot?

Yes, that should work. OMG, I hope your post was a joke or this is officially the craziest post ever on this board.
Nah, he’s just smarter than the rest of us. He’s a UM alum, didn’t you know?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We already know that some in the BOT were ready to pony up the cash. They just need to step up and tell the rest that the Diaz experiment didn't work.
It will be a lot more cash now, which obviously sucks.

We already know that some in the BOT were ready to pony up the cash. They just need to step up and tell the rest that the Diaz experiment didn't work.
☝️
And either fire Blake or assure Mario he gets whatever he needs from a resource stand point and Blake won't be a problem for him

Then stand back and let the man work

Advertisement
It will be a lot more cash now, which obviously sucks.
I just said pony up the cash, not necessarily for Mario. We need better management of the football program higher than the head coach level. Then go with whomever gets chosen by them.

☝️
And either fire Blake or assure Mario he gets whatever he needs from a resource stand point and Blake won't be a problem for him

Then stand back and let the man work
You responded as I was typing almost the same thing. Great minds.

I only take Kiffin if he signs a contract that legally ties him to Miami for five years. Something iron clad.
I’ll. Take him for 2 hrs if he turned the program around. He’s not a NFL coach and Miami is a top job still with the high school talent

Advertisement
Back