#10DaysOfMadness (or is it ~10 Days Of Whale Hunting? July 10-21)

Advertisement
Honestly think we get at least 4 of the 6. Momentum tends to snowball, either good or bad, and our recruiting momentum is off the chains positive. These kids are seeing what Mario is selling and the chance to finally, yes finally, bring Miami back to national prominence is HUGE. This is why we paid him $8 million a year! Followed UM recruiting for 30 years, as many on this board have, and I've never seen anything like this. Cat 5 Hurricane in July folks...
Anyone who wants him fired is a goofy and doesn’t understand how you bring a program back from the dead. I just don’t even listen to them. Saying any HC can do this with the money we have is mega cap. Few coaches can do this very few. And if we brought someone else every player would be slow and have trex arms.

Advertisement
I just perused 247, on3, and Rivals for crystal balls/RPM's/Future Casts (collectively, "Predictions").

As far as I can tell, the players whose most recent Prediction is for UM are:
Iose Epenesa (Ferman, 7/10)
Jaboree Antoine (Spiegelman, 7/9)
Jarquez Carter (Urrutia, 6/24)
Walter Mathis (Adams, 6/10)
Daylyn Upshaw (Wiltfong, 7/10)

Top targets with recent Predictions to other schools:
DJ Pickett - Oregon (Torres, 7/10)
Vernell Brown III - Florida (Loy, 7/9)
Jadon Perlotte - Tennessee (Simmons, 7/7)
Cortez Smith - Georgia (McCurley, 7/4)
Ladarian Clardy - Ole Miss (Berry, 7/3)
Shekhai Mills-Knight - Ole Miss (Berry, 7/2)
Floyd Boucard - USC (Wiltfong, 6/10)
Aidan Anding - LSU (Spiegelman, 7/9)

I could be missing some, but I think this is pretty accurate as of right now.
Oregon about to cry and say “but game day coaching” I already see the cope

Honestly think we get at least 4 of the 6. Momentum tends to snowball, either good or bad, and our recruiting momentum is off the chains positive. These kids are seeing what Mario is selling and the chance to finally, yes finally, bring Miami back to national prominence is HUGE. This is why we paid him $8 million a year! Followed UM recruiting for 30 years, as many on this board have, and I've never seen anything like this. Cat 5 Hurricane in July folks...
Who are the 6?

Epenesa
Pickett
Carter
Antoine
Brown
Boucard
?

Last edited:
Advertisement
From Gaby regarding these tweets:

My understanding is that this is a sort of call to rally the troops internally. Miami knows these next ten days or so that some big names will come off the board. There is still a lot of work to do with Jarquez Carter, DJ Pickett, Jaboree Antoine, and Vernell Brown, but Miami is rallying and know that they have to close in the fourth quarter to get these done. I wouldn't take it as gospel that Miami will land each of these kids, but moreso that they know there's a lot on the line.

This summer is also internally viewed as the "pre-season" so they know that one way or another their story on the recruiting trail this cycle will be based on what they do on Saturdays this fall.

A lot to be excited about but still a lot of work to do with said prospects.

My understanding is that this is a sort of call to rally the troops internally. Miami knows these next ten days or so that some big names will come off the board. There is still a lot of work to do with Jarquez Carter, DJ Pickett, Jaboree Antoine, and Vernell Brown, but Miami is rallying and know that they have to close in the fourth quarter to get these done. I wouldn't take it as gospel that Miami will land each of these kids, but moreso that they know there's a lot on the line.

This summer is also internally viewed as the "pre-season" so they know that one way or another their story on the recruiting trail this cycle will be based on what they do on Saturdays this fall.

Canes

Advertisement

He’s the anti-Dennis and I have no time for this low energy approach

Probably uses a thigh master

Lmfao this second paragraph

This summer isn’t the preseason when you have Dennis who knows what he’s doing saying how we are on a 10 day clock.

Holy **** if this is the case then this was very very very stupid execution of a campaign that had tons of potential.

10 days of madness should've been a commit every **** day for 10 days straight.

An "Internal rally call" should've been an email, not tweets that you know the fanbase is going to interpret as "EVERYONE IS COMING"

Advertisement
Holy **** if this is the case then this was very very very stupid execution of a campaign that had tons of potential.

An "Internal rally call" should've been an email, not tweets that you know the fanbase is going to interpret as "EVERYONE IS COMING"
Happy Feel Good GIF

are you alright?

Advertisement
Back