10 year old Jimmy Derwin NJ QB

The DFW metroplex is filled with these kids. Many of them end up hating the game and their parents, many of them end up great players but 5'9" and peaking in 8th grade.... but a small set of them end up pretty special. Hope he grows well and continues loving the game. A full childhood of that is a heck of a gamble.

Lindell Stone, Virginia's QB now, was *unbelievable* as an 11 year old.... probably the best I've ever seen at that age.
It's a real fine line between pushing a kid to be great and pushing a kid away

Advertisement
Double edged sword. Quickest way to take the fun out of something is turn it into job with extreme family pressure with an associated cost. 10 is too young imo. High school age is appropriate to start. Camps are ok earlier than that.
I hear you. I was saying it tongue in cheek. You have to let kids be kids, after all, football is still only a game.

Hired a PR person as in Public Relations or as in Puerto Rican?
Well, what’s he going to do with a Puerto Rican? Have him cut the lawn and trimb the shrubs? He has no use for a Puerto Rican. No offense to Puerto Rican’s but kid just doesn’t need one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Biggest reasons these schools in NJ and colleges stay away from kids are parents. Almost impossible to project a 10 year old.

He's my best friend's kid, has him with a private trainer, and just hired a PR person. He wants him to attend Bergen Catholic once he gets to HS. He only turned 10 in June and is in 5th grade.
Your friend needs to relax and let his son be a kid. Plenty of time for the personal training stuff.
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: @ a ******* PR person for a 10yo no one outside of his family and friends ever heard of.

Alabama bound. The school has ties with Santa; they have taken recruiting to another level.
Bama using Santa as a bagman. Kid will find a number of stuffed stockings on Christmas morning....

1606342155961.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back