10 year old Jimmy Derwin NJ QB

Advertisement
The DFW metroplex is filled with these kids. Many of them end up hating the game and their parents, many of them end up great players but 5'9" and peaking in 8th grade.... but a small set of them end up pretty special. Hope he grows well and continues loving the game. A full childhood of that is a heck of a gamble.

Lindell Stone, Virginia's QB now, was *unbelievable* as an 11 year old.... probably the best I've ever seen at that age.

Advertisement
The Northeast is extremely segregated there are many towns that have less than a 5% black population. And the athletics in the urban communities are not very good, in NJ none of the major cities can compete in any of the sports, so all the D1 talent attend Catholic or Prep schools.
I wouldn't exactly call it segregated then cite a 5% black population. That implies racism. It's more socio-demographic. Many of those communities are too expensive to live in. That drives the lower black and Hispanic populations. Otherwise the point stands. Connecticut is the same and it drives many black teenagers to basketball.

PR for a 10yr old QB? Yikes.
LOL, maybe it's a smart move. Wasn't it said in another tab that the whole NIL marketing has to be done by themselves without assistance from boosters, the school, etc. Doesn't hurt to start early.

Last edited:
I wouldn't exactly call it segregated then cite a 5% black population. That implies racism. It's more socio-demographic. Many of those communities are too expensive to live in. That drives the lower black and Hispanic populations. Otherwise the point stands. Connecticut is the same and it drives many black teenagers to basketball.
Oh its racism because they fight tooth and nail when they have to add low-income housing into the communities stating it will overcrowd the schools and lower their property values.

Advertisement
Youth football is getting ridiculous......a PR person, smh.

The kid looks decent for his age, but as someone that has coached youth football for awhile......a lot of things change between 5th grade and HS!
Agree i would keep the private trainer but the PR person is a bit much. I would wait untill his sophomore year to see about a PR person.

LOL, maybe it's a smart move. Wasn't it said in another tab that the whole NIL marketing has to be done by themselves without assistance from boosters, the school, etc. Doesn't hurt to start early.
Double edged sword. Quickest way to take the fun out of something is turn it into job with extreme family pressure with an associated cost. 10 is too young imo. High school age is appropriate to start. Camps are ok earlier than that.

there was only one person who pulled this off and before this era of generational pvssies. and marv marinovich was a tough dude. kid never lived up to the expectations, ended up on heroin. at no point between 11 years old and college does this kid need a pr person.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Double edged sword. Quickest way to take the fun out of something is turn it into job with extreme family pressure with an associated cost. 10 is too young imo. High school age is appropriate to start. Camps are ok earlier than that.
The family does a good job having him be a kid also. Trips to Disney, video games, friends over weekly etc. He goes to practice and when he's home he's aloud to be a kid.

what is the pr person for, exactly?
To record his games and practices. As stated previously it's hard to get into the private schools in Northern NJ, if you don't get in as a Freshman you have to perform at a public school and then have them seek you out.

there was only one person who pulled this off and before this era of generational pvssies. and marv marinovich was a tough dude. kid never lived up to the expectations, ended up on heroin. at no point between 11 years old and college does this kid need a pr person.
It's to record his football games and practices to send to private schools.

Advertisement
Back