10 year old Jimmy Derwin NJ QB

Is it cynical for me to already hate the parents for the crash and burn this kid is likely going to experience in 10 years?

Advertisement
It’s really sad what parents do to and for their kids. Parents where I live (Parkland, FL) get ****ed at me when I tell them their kid has a better chance of owning a pro team than playing for one.

Your friend needs to relax and let his son be a kid. Plenty of time for the personal training stuff.
:rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg: @ a ******* PR person for a 10yo no one outside of his family and friends ever heard of.
The trainer they use has a team that does the filming and training. They’re also doing it to promote their company. As far for being a kid, he is, NJ doesn’t have year round football like they do down south. He gets his training done and then he’s playing fortnite, going to school, and taking family trips 3-4 times a year.
It’s really sad what parents do to and for their kids. Parents where I live (Parkland, FL) get ****ed at me when I tell them their kid has a better chance of owning a pro team than playing for one.
This is NJ, kids play football from Aug-Nov and that’s it. He’s on a team that needed to combine the next town over to field a team and practice once a week. He goes to a trainer once a week during the off season.

Is it cynical for me to already hate the parents for the crash and burn this kid is likely going to experience in 10 years?
You’re overhyping the amount of time he’s spending with football. He plays on a local team during the fall and gets private lessons once a week. The filming is done by the QB coaches team to also promote their school.

Advertisement
I wouldn't exactly call it segregated then cite a 5% black population. That implies racism. It's more socio-demographic. Many of those communities are too expensive to live in. That drives the lower black and Hispanic populations. Otherwise the point stands. Connecticut is the same and it drives many black teenagers to basketball.
It's sistematic racism when a large part of your population just can't afford to live in certain parts of their communities due to lower income and opportunities.

Would love to hear what you mean by lower blacks and Hispanic populations.

It's sistematic racism when a large part of your population just can't afford to live in certain parts of their communities due to lower income and opportunities.
That's not systematic racism. It's a socio-economic issue. That affects everyone in the same economic status regardless of race.
Would love to hear what you mean by lower blacks and Hispanic populations.
It's fairly obvious what I mean. The median home price in a community like Greenwich, CT is over $1,500,000. Fewer, (or a lower number ) black and Hispanic families can afford it. Consequently, Greenwich has a 3% black population and 13% Hispanic population (which includes the federal low income housing). There are some middle class homes but most of the town is luxury condos and estates which require the means of a Diana Ross (who is a resident).

That's not systematic racism. It's a socio-economic issue. That affects everyone in the same economic status regardless of race.

It's fairly obvious what I mean. The median home price in a community like Greenwich, CT is over $1,500,000. Fewer, (or a lower number ) black and Hispanic families can afford it. Consequently, Greenwich has a 3% black population and 13% Hispanic population (which includes the federal low income housing). There are some middle class homes but most of the town is luxury condos and estates which require the means of a Diana Ross (who is a resident).

A socioeconomic issue caused by sistematic racism.

Advertisement
A socioeconomic issue caused by sistematic racism.
As I said in NJ the law says every community must have low income housing, there is a percentage that has to be meet. For example when a book publisher closed its corporate office in Saddle River (ultra rich Rev Run house) they had to build a large portion of the development for low income. The community took it to court because they didn’t want schools over run and home values to drop. They lost and none of that happened. It’s happening all the time when family own farms in the suburbs close a development company buys it up for mixed use and again they have to have the low income added in, because every town is out of compliance, the signs go up on the front lawns boycotting it.

As I said in NJ the law says every community must have low income housing, there is a percentage that has to be meet. For example when a book publisher closed its corporate office in Saddle River (ultra rich Rev Run house) they had to build a large portion of the development for low income. The community took it to court because they didn’t want schools over run and home values to drop. They lost and none of that happened. It’s happening all the time when family own farms in the suburbs close a development company buys it up for mixed use and again they have to have the low income added in, because every town is out of compliance, the signs go up on the front lawns boycotting it.

My point has nothing to do with that.
Is about a portion of society not being able to afford a certain level of living standard.
Just think about it, a community needs to include low income housing just to be integrated.

My point has nothing to do with that.
Is about a portion of society not being able to afford a certain level of living standard.
Just think about it, a community needs to include low income housing just to be integrated.
You're right, just think about it. It transcends all racial and ethnic barriers. It happened to Irish immigrants during the potato famine, It happened to Chinese immigrants in the 19th century. It happened to Italian immigrants in the early 20th century. Was there prejudice laced in to it. Of course.

What you're talking about is a very different issue that's effected every immigrant population migrating into every country. In the past these groups worked their asses off, lived within their means, before to moving up into the middle class. It most often took a generation. Now, people expect a quick fix. During the civil rights in the 60's, legislation and the courts mandated affirmative action quotas to overcome systemic racism that did exist at the time (primarily in the South). It was expected to be a temporary measure until critical mass was achieved. But it hasn't achieved the desired effect.

The question you should be asking is "Why hasn't the black minority followed the same progression as all other minority groups". The knee jerk response (by those that have an agenda) is racism, it's much more nuanced than that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're right, just think about it. It transcends all racial and ethnic barriers. It happened to Irish immigrants during the potato famine, It happened to Chinese immigrants in the 19th century. It happened to Italian immigrants in the early 20th century. Was there prejudice laced in to it. Of course.

What you're talking about is a very different issue that's effected every immigrant population migrating into every country. In the past these groups worked their asses off, lived within their means, before to moving up into the middle class. It most often took a generation. Now, people expect a quick fix. During the civil rights in the 60's, legislation and the courts mandated affirmative action quotas to overcome systemic racism that did exist at the time (primarily in the South). It was expected to be a temporary measure until critical mass was achieved. But it hasn't achieved the desired effect.

The question you should be asking is "Why hasn't the black minority followed the same progression as all other minority groups". The knee jerk response (by those that have an agenda) is racism, it's much more nuanced than that.

African Americans were never immigrants, can't compare what they qent through and in a smaller degree still go through with any other ethnic group.

Advertisement
Back