10-26 The Work (Coaching Search)

Advertisement
Wow. That's a startlingly awful list, but I'm not surprised. This, afterall, is the group that thought it was a good idea to bring Folden back this year.

For as much vocal opposition has been justifiably directed towards Cristobal, how on earth can Chudzinski be viewed as a viable candidate by this administration?

He's an offensive-minded coach who's been on the Colts staff these past couple years after getting run out of Cleveland following one season as their head man. That offense has a boatload of talent at the skill positions and has been arguably the most underachieving unit in the entire NFL this year. Their offense is in complete disarray despite having Luck/Gore/Hilton/Moncrief/Johnson/Fleener/Allen. A poor OL isn't the only culprit. What positive impact has he had in Indy since he arrived?

Chud has just one season of head-coaching experience in 20 years. Went 4-12 and was promptly s***canned. Openly hates recruiting. Lacks experience evaluating high school talent. Would create zero buzz among recruits or fans and doesn't move the needle for anyone. He had a successful, brief tenure as Carolina's OC from 2011-2012, but Steve Smith and DeAngelo Williams had nothing but negative things to say about him when he departed.

Cristobal is the ultimate nightmare candidate for obvious reasons. But Chud is nearly as unappealing and seems like the type of cheap, lazy hire this administration is known for making. What a s***show.

Advertisement
Chud and Mario are only being considered because they played here. Its beyond stupid but I don't put anything past this administration.

Does anyone think Chud even wants the gig?

I believe DMoney recently said Chud signed a one-year deal to stay in Indy in part because he wanted to see if the Miami job would open up. There's seemingly legit cause for concern here.

Advertisement
If we can get Butch as a Head Coach and Shiano as a DC, I'm all in.

Disinformation while Butch and UM works out the numbers.

UM should be so smart. James can't figure out how to make a move like that and Frenk sure as **** isnt going to do that. So it would have to come from the BOT. And apparently those guys are ****ed at Butch because he once told them he got the trots from bag lettuce and hasn't touched the stuff since, and he gets motion sickness on cruise ships. So he's dead to them. They can feign (yo!) indignance to the guy because of the rumors at NC. Like football players at any other place don't have people writing papers for them. And they're all lily white and ethical in their business dealings. lololololol. Just move the head compliance officer next to Butch's office and have them meet once a week. Problem solved. There are some petty *** hats on that BOT. There have to be. Butch didn't kiss somebody's ***. Book it.

Typical lazy desultory list of hacks. Why not throw Trestman and Mike Stoola in there to make it complete?

These are all guys that aren't being mentioned as HC candidates anywhere else. Chud? Mario? Who's clamoring for them? Is Southern Cal looking for them?

Advertisement
There's something about Pagano that just screams not a headcoach

I think we need to make apparent that as fan base, recruits, former players Butch is who we want. It's going to be hard and slim chance but **** it.

Advertisement
Pete, is it one guy or the majority of the decision makers that are against Butch?

The UNC thing is crazy if you look at the facts.

Butch has two issues against him. There are still hard feelings about his lying to the school, and the UNC fiasco is really bad. UNC may well get destroyed by the NCAA in the near future, and its nearly impossible to believe that he did not know and condone. There is a reason he hasnt even received an offer in years.

p.s. Dont shoot the messenger, I like Butch, just not getting my hopes up for something that is not going to happen.

Pete, is it one guy or the majority of the decision makers that are against Butch?

The UNC thing is crazy if you look at the facts.

Butch has two issues against him. There are still hard feelings about his lying to the school, and the UNC fiasco is really bad. UNC may well get destroyed by the NCAA in the near future, and its nearly impossible to believe that he did not know and condone. There is a reason he hasnt even received an offer in years.

p.s. Dont shoot the messenger, I like Butch, just not getting my hopes up for something that is not going to happen.

I hear you but he has documentation expunging him from the UNC allegations, on ALL 10 accounts. It would be such a shame if that was the deciding factor on him not being hired.

Advertisement
Back