#1 TE 2020 ClassDarnell Washington

Gotta strongly disagree. His recruiting chops are for real. Coaching may be suspect, but the guy could recruit. How many Miami coaches do you know that has experienced the same level of success in Jacksonville? How about the two five-star talents he brought in at TE in the same class? You don't do those things when you're overrated.

I agree he was a good recruiter and I do think Mallory and Brevin were the two top TE in the nation but they were not both 5 stars.... Also his first year he only signed Polendey, and this year he was only getting Hodges. I heard he recruited Payton as well so I would give him credit there but other than that who were his recruits?

Advertisement
Gotta strongly disagree. His recruiting chops are for real. Coaching may be suspect, but the guy could recruit. How many Miami coaches do you know that has experienced the same level of success in Jacksonville? How about the two five-star talents he brought in at TE in the same class? You don't do those things when you're overrated.
He was a severely overrated recruiter, he got wiped off the map for the 2019 class, he got taken behind the woodshed for Crowley, Egukan, Tarquin, Zipperer, Summerall & Wydermyer.

Coach Field will take his lunch money on the trail & can do it without UGA bags. He was an awful ST's coach as well.

I'll give him credit for Mallory, but Brevin was actually interested in coming here regardless of who recruited him.

He was a severely overrated recruiter, he got wiped off the map for the 2019 class, he got taken behind the woodshed for Crowley, Egukan, Tarquin, Zipperer, Summerall & Wydermyer.

Coach Field will take his lunch money on the trail & can do it without UGA bags. He was an awful ST's coach as well.

I'll give him credit for Mallory, but Brevin was actually interested in coming here regardless of who recruited him.

Keepin it ONE HUNDO

Didn't say he was overrated as a recruiter.

My misunderstanding then.

As for comparing him to Fields, that was never my intention. Fields could very well take his lunch money. But that still doesn't change the fact he was a proven recruiter for us that brought in talent.

Advertisement

Careful El, I said earlier this year that he wasn't much of a loss because he was the worst ST coach I've ever seen, a decent but unspectacular recruiter and a ******* weirdo grown man who gets in Twitter beefs and I was told I was ******* idiot by the resident geniuses.

FYI if TE doesn’t work then DE will. Plays both ways just like Dion Jordan did.

Ticco Rodriguez’s brother posts on 247 and said this kid tried to get down to paradise camp to work out in front of us last year and the staff balked.
***** like that is why you get fired (retired). Never turn down a top recruit for a freaking glorified practice session.

My misunderstanding then.

As for comparing him to Fields, that was never my intention. Fields could very well take his lunch money. But that still doesn't change the fact he was a proven recruiter for us that brought in talent.
just was making the point that he's easily replaceable.

Love this kid's measurable a and hope Manny and Co. put the full court press on this kid we need to take 2-3 TEs every other class unless there's that sky high ceiling type that you take whenever you can get.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back