#1 Juco CB Brian George offered

How can you be from Florida and call us Miami University? Must be from the Panhandle; which is like South Alabama or something.
Yeah, we should cede the panhandle to Alabama. The one time I went to Panama City everybody was from Alabama.

There's no reason we should keep the Panhandle if nobody here wants it.

Advertisement
So di Chris Rix :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
You mean Corporate Chris.

Story has it that when he got to FSU he started walking around campus with an attache case and started handing out business cards to other students.

Other people thought it was weird.

Chris didn't get it. He finally said, maybe it's more "corporate" back in California where he was from.

He was a weirdo the whole way through, and still is.

Yeah, we should cede the panhandle to Alabama. The one time I went to Panama City everybody was from Alabama.

There's no reason we should keep the Panhandle if nobody here wants it.
The Florida Panhandle is like a Red Headed third cousin, twice removed that no one likes or ever brings up.

How can you be from Florida and call us Miami University? Must be from the Panhandle; which is like South Alabama or something.

What makes things even more confusing is that one of our fight songs is called "Hail To The Spirit of Miami U".

Hail to the spirit of Miami U.
Hail to her pride and glory free.
Hail to her Orange, Green and White so true.
Hail to her fighting varsity!
Long may her banner wave o'er vanquished foes.
In our hearts may she always be.
Hail to the spirit of Miami U.
We pledge our faith and loyalty!

You mean Corporate Chris.

Story has it that when he got to FSU he started walking around campus with an attache case and started handing out business cards to other students.

Other people thought it was weird.

Chris didn't get it. He finally said, maybe it's more "corporate" back in California where he was from.

He was a weirdo the whole way through, and still is.

Not just "business cards", but cards that said "Chris Rix, F$U Quarterback".

Advertisement
As evidenced by Miami’s recent Rick and Morty like adventure in the portal, I think Manny has shown he likes to bring in a mix of older more physically developed players on a shorter term rental. The reward is higher than the risk in this situation and you add a grown man to your depth chart if nothing else.

So far the jury is out on the hit/miss ratio of those guys, but it’s worth it for every KJ Osborne type player you can find. I know JUCO is a different animal, but I think the same general philosophy applies.
We always had some JUCO's who helped us out:

Geoff Torretta
Bryant McKinnie
Fast Eddie Brown
Jerome McDougal
Rich Newbill
Scott Provin
Wesley Carroll
Just some off the top of my head. There were so many others. During the Pete Carroll years, USC used some JUCOs.
Done right, without over reliance, JUCOs can help fill in spots.

Dean had a surprisingly good minicamp with the Browns, as many of you saw. He impressed Kinchens. Be interesting to see how he progresses and if he can make a team or even a practice squad.

Trayone Gray got through that first cut. Impressive size,/speed combo. Wouldn't it be something if he could have an NFL career?

100% agree. We've had our misses (Jahir Jones). But overall we've had pretty good luck recently with transfers. Willis, Boulware, Odenigbo, Colbert, Osborn looking like a pro. However you feel about Tate, his presence has upped the level of QB competition. I have a good feeling about many of the new portal guys coming in over the summer. Delaney and Dean may have disappointed. But they were actively in the rotation and therefore played a role.

Transfers are often all business, playing with an "everything to lose" attitude. I think that can only help bring intensity to the team.
… and going farther back, Bryant McKinney, Andrew Williams, Jerome McDougle, Cortez Kennedy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back