#1 Jersey

Advertisement
#1 isnt a Miami thing, I think a few schools do it. UF does i think to... but my point is that I want to see a player wear it this year which would mean one of our players are playing lights out. (hoping) example is last year, we didnt have anybody besides kam
I think making #1 a player vote is trying to create a tradition. Never done it before, why start now? Especially with a number that hasn’t had a storied list of players.

Jessie was a helluva LB but you could make a better argument for 44, Dan Morgan. Or Barrow, 56, Or….see how this goes.

On defense I’d make 26 (ST) and 98 (Jerome) ‘earned’ numbers for S and DT. Two great Canes taken from us too early, which admittedly is a key to why I’d reserve the number. To honor their loss.

Otherwise you could reserve a dozen or more numbers, many with multiple former greats.

Advertisement
I think making #1 a player vote is trying to create a tradition. Never done it before, why start now? Especially with a number that hasn’t had a storied list of players.

Jessie was a helluva LB but you could make a better argument for 44, Dan Morgan. Or Barrow, 56, Or….see how this goes.

On defense I’d make 26 (ST) and 98 (Jerome) ‘earned’ numbers for S and DT. Two great Canes taken from us too early, which admittedly is a key to why I’d reserve the number. To honor their loss.

Otherwise you could reserve a dozen or more numbers, many with multiple former greats.
I was always a Darrin Smith guy myself. 6'2 235lbs with 4.4 speed....smh, covering opposing teams slot receivers step for step...

I just wish they’d stop giving multiple players the same number. There’s 85 scholarship players and 100 available numbers. If Santana Moss could wear 48 as a freshman, these other dudes can too. Let the premium numbers be earned.

I just wish they’d stop giving multiple players the same number. There’s 85 scholarship players and 100 available numbers. If Santana Moss could wear 48 as a freshman, these other dudes can too. Let the premium numbers be earned.

It's a recruiting and retention tool. You have no idea how much numbers mean to some of these kids. Let the staff have every available resource.

Not to mention you also have well over 100 kids on the team with walk-ons.

Advertisement
It's a recruiting and retention tool. You have no idea how much numbers mean to some of these kids. Let the staff have every available resource.

Not to mention you also have well over 100 kids on the team with walk-ons.
Let the walk-ons wear duplicate numbers. It wasn't until very recently that we've had to assign multiple players the same number.

I wanna say I read an ESPN magazine article when Kenny Phillips was a freshman. He was the #1 HS safety and that #1 was given to a top ranked recruit by the team if available at that time, per the article. I'm most likely wrong

Advertisement
Back