1) Get JJ in has Chairman of the Board of Directors of the football program...

2) Get former players to sit on this football advisory board as well to oversee the football program.

3) Hire a real athletic director with actual experience

4) Then hire a football coach that knows how to develop players and teach technique

The coach reports to the athletic director but has quarterly meetings with the Football Board of Directors.

Former players that want to be involved can assist the board or the coaching staff when requested to deal with pressing problems.

Goal setting for all facets of coaching will be set by the board, like recruiting goals, team performance metrics, etc.

Start attacking the problems that are at the root cause of the problems.

If we can't land a Mario Cristobal then go get a transition coach like Butch Davis who we know can work with this group of people. Mario would possibly be interested if he saw this kind of commitment to the football program after 20 years of disaster. Attack the problems, get rid of Manny now and get these things in place immediately or sit around and do nothing, either way the Board of Trustees can't have any more to do with the football program, they have failed repeatedly and should stick to whatever it is they do know, because it ain't football!

Scary stuff.
Reads like a Stephen King novel.

Advertisement
JJ has a pretty easy and well paying job in announcing. I doubt he'd be willing to take this job.

And having Butch Davis as coach for one year before we hire somebody else? Seriously, WTF?

think JJ would be on speed dial to offer advice or input for anyone in program. would a phone call hurt to pick his brain on somethings NO..... would a car ride from Miami to his place for lunch hurt you NO.....
Not knocking you here, but coulda sworn Manny did all of this at the beginning. I recollect photos and articles of JJ and Manny talking about taking notes from a GOAT, but maybe Manny’s also dyslexic and got his meeting minutes all ****ed up. Idk b

Advertisement
think JJ would be on speed dial to offer advice or input for anyone in program. would a phone call hurt to pick his brain on somethings NO..... would a car ride from Miami to his place for lunch hurt you NO.....
Advice? You either have the talent to lead or you don't. Manny has been a drifter and grifter his entire career. We had an opportunity in 2018 when Mark resigned and then a bunch of ADHD folks on the BOT and at Hecht thought that Diaz was a good fit to lead the program.

Also, cut it with the Botch crap. Dude is over 70 and maybe as bad on game day as Manny. The next coach should be Lane Kiffin with the money to hire a real staff. End of Story.
Butch is about the same age as Mack Brown....and Butch is better

A “Football Advisory Council” sounds as gimmicky as the BS position they created for Ed Reed.

Keep it simple… hire the right AD and HC.

Agree 100%

What good coach wants to report to or work with an extra group of meddlers.

Why not also ask he report to the CIS Board weekly

Advice? You either have the talent to lead or you don't. Manny has been a drifter and grifter his entire career. We had an opportunity in 2018 when Mark resigned and then a bunch of ADHD folks on the BOT and at Hecht thought that Diaz was a good fit to lead the program.
CMD was a lazy hire as was M.Richt, Bball HC was another poor decision as is continued presence of Dimare on baseball head man..... go figure..... ESPN Herbstriet exposed the shortcomings of President , BOT and AD

Advertisement
Not knocking you here, but coulda sworn Manny did all of this at the beginning. I recollect photos and articles of JJ and Manny talking about taking notes from a GOAT, but maybe Manny’s also dyslexic and got his meeting minutes all ****ed up. Idk b
no you are correct on early interaction down in Islamaorada, but you gotta think if times get tough and they have been is there a better sounding board than JJ?...... if i was HC at Miami, he would be as active in program as he wanted

Advertisement
Advertisement
While I'd love the brakes off this I have to wonder if Jimmy would be interested. We all KNOW he loves The U but at the same time Jimmy is chillin enoying the fruits of his labor and may want to just continue to do so. But that would be BEE-YOOOOOO-TEE-FUL!

Also, cut it with the Botch crap. Dude is over 70 and maybe as bad on game day as Manny. The next coach should be Lane Kiffin with the money to hire a real staff. End of Story.
No, you cut it about his age. Saban is over 70 as well but tell me you'd object to his age if terror he announced he was ready for a new challenge and wanted the job. Kiffin shouldn't be allowed with 500 miles of this program. That would be an ncaa dream because they'd finally have the chance to give us the death penalty they've been so desparately sniffing around over 30 years for like Bloodhounds. And it would be legit with him here.

No, you cut it about his age. Saban is over 70 as well but tell me you'd object to his age if terror he announced he was ready for a new challenge and wanted the job. Kiffin shouldn't be allowed with 500 miles of this program. That would be an ncaa dream because they'd finally have the chance to give us the death penalty they've been so desparately sniffing around over 30 years for like Bloodhounds. And it would be legit with him here.
And this time the NCAA wouldn't find much resistance from the fans or the rest of the conference either, for the way this administration has been stealing money.

Advertisement
Back