1/262

Advertisement
the problem was Manny couldn't develop. @Sebastianspipe and I talk about this all the time. So many kids came in with good freshman years and more they were here, the more they regressed. Mario brought in some studs but this wasn't a full class. He will be loading up but it will take a few years. looks at vids of Mario coaching and Manny doing that tackling drills. it's night and day

Nothing but respect, NY. But it went way deeper than that. He couldn't recruit, develop, attract a staff capable of doing so, lead the team, manage the game. Failure at all points. He was our DC prior to being head coach. The guy was with us for 6 years, and every year since 2017 the defense got worse. And this year's draft has to be the worst since pre-Schnelly.

I am convinced some posters on here would have defended him if we had beaten FSU. Certainly several members of the board were behind him and his dad. Gross incompetence. Gross in general.

Nothing but respect, NY. But it went way deeper than that. He couldn't recruit, develop, attract a staff capable of doing so, lead the team, manage the game. Failure at all points. He was our DC prior to being head coach. The guy was with us for 6 years, and every year since 2017 the defense got worse. And this year's draft has to be the worst since pre-Schnelly.

I am convinced some posters on here would have defended him if we had beaten FSU. Certainly several members of the board were behind him and his dad. Gross incompetence. Gross in general.
You are 100% right about everything. the guy was a clown and should have never been hired. every competent OC and QB picked him apart. He's fan that got lucky plain and simple.

That’s what I am asking. Which one made the other better? Rambo or TVD? Because tonight‘s results mean the NFL is giving the credit for a very productive season to either TVD or Lashlee, or both.
It takes a good QB to get the ball there,
That’s what I am asking. Which one made the other better? Rambo or TVD? Because tonight‘s results mean the NFL is giving the credit for a very productive season to either TVD or Lashlee, or both.
I think they complemented each other

Rambo must have bad measureables to not be picked after the way he produced last year. So what accounts for Rambo’s success if he isn’t fast or big? Route running? Playing with a good QB? Playing in the right system? Some combo of these facts.
Is there room in today's NFL locker room for another Steve Largeant?

Advertisement
I ask this because everyone is clamoring for UM to find a transfer WR to replace Rambo and Harley who were admittedly very productive. 2 of the most productive of all-time at UM.
But neither is apparently NFL draft worthy so why should they be so hard to replace? Are we not recruting guys behind Rambo and Harley that we expect to at least be drafted? Brinson, George and X. Do we expect anyone of them to be drafted? Because if so, they have more pro potential than Rambo and Harley m
Keep in mind the genius’s that scout and pick players for NFL teams are wrong as much as they’re right.

I didn’t see a breakdown by position, but in 2019 a full 30% of the NFL was made up of undrafted players. One out of basically every three NFL players went undrafted.

My takeaway, they make a lot of mistakes on draft day. They get it right two out of three, but they make mistakes. The league is full of them.

Advertisement
Honestly, I'm over caring about this stuff. I'm tired of Miami fans jacking off about guys getting drafted despite being massive underachievers in college. I know that Mario will build a culture around guys working their asses off and winning at the collegiate level. He does that, the draft picks will come. Get extremely talented kids and coach them up. Miami hasn't done that at a high level in almost two decades.

lashlee?
gross dumb and dumber GIF

The whole state of Florida is just a big pile of poo right now. 1 Cane, 1 Nole, and 3 Gayturds drafted. Georgia alone had that many defenders drafted in the first round.

Advertisement
Rambo must have bad measureables to not be picked after the way he produced last year. So what accounts for Rambo’s success if he isn’t fast or big? Route running? Playing with a good QB? Playing in the right system? Some combo of these facts.
You're right. Think of the numbers that those Gator QBs put up in the 90's in the Fun and Gun under Spurrier. None of them really translated well in the NFL.

The NFL is looking for traits first, production second.

Rambro has skills, but it might be that GMs question if the way he won the ball translates to the NFL.

He didn’t do it with size or speed and he happens to have average at best measurables.

I personally thought he’d be drafted as a high floor player, but I think the lack of special teams availability made him not as much a lock on day 3 as we thought.

Advertisement
This should be a wake up moment for people expecting 10 wins+. Have we added some talent? Yes. Is the stuff we already had that makes up most of the roster woefully below Miami standard? Also yes. As has been pointed out, we had enough one score games to be a three win team last year. I don’t want to see any talk of flying the **** banner until at least week 7.

The reality is stuff like this happens every year.... Just because a athlete looks great in college does not mean he will succeed at the next level... The scouting process in the NFL isn't perfect but it does work and these guys know what they're looking for... It sucks when someone we like doesn't get the credit we think he deserves.... It's just the way it is... There's tons of guys being looked at throughout the draft process... We as fans only see a small glimpse of what the NFL guys see...

Advertisement
Back