-Jalston Fowler (class of ‘10) : 4th round pick
-TJ Yeldon (class of ‘12) : 2nd round pick
-Kenyon Drake (class of ‘12) : 3rd round pick
-Derrick Henry (class of ‘13) : 1st round pick
-Damien Harris (class of ‘15) : 3rd round pick
-Josh Jacobs (class of ‘16) : 1st round pick
-Najee Harris (class of ‘17) : 1st round pick
-Brian Robinson (class of ‘17) : 3rd round pick

These are all the RBs Bama have recruited, stayed, & drafted. A few from these classes transferred after a yr & became an after thought, but class after class Bama has pumped the NFL w/ high draft pick RBs. This is going to lure any top RB there.

Incredible

Advertisement
I'm not discounting the value of winning. But the game changers are a different breed. Check out the Canesville vid where he asked Manny why the kids getting drafted, albeit in lower rounds, did not translate to success on the field. Manny had no answer. We need the big dog recruits to get into top class range.

Manny isn't here anymore.

You really are underestimating Mario's recruiting. We're landing some of those big dog recruits this cycle. But 24 has the potential to be top class range.

Saban recruited RBs:
-Mark Ingram (class of ‘08) : 1st round pick
-Trent Richardson (class of ‘09) : 1st round pick
-Eddie Lacy (class of ‘09) : 2nd round pick

These are all the RBs Bama have recruited, stayed, & drafted. A few from these classes transferred after a yr & became an after thought, but class after class Bama has pumped the NFL w/ high draft pick RBs. This is going to lure any top RB there.

I mean other than Derrick Henry the rest have had ok careers thus far… and Richardson well… oof

Ironically the one who transferred and has prob had the 2nd best career behind Henry and that’s Kamara.

Advertisement
I mean other than Derrick Henry the rest have had ok careers thus far… and Richardson well… oof

Ironically the one who transferred and has prob had the 2nd best career behind Henry and that’s Kamara.

It’s not careers vs. pay day.

But, since we’re talking careers:
-Ingram (3x Pro Bowl)
-Lacy (1x All-Pro / Pro Bowl)
-Jacobs (1x Pro Bowl)
-Henry (NOPY, 2x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro)
-Harris (1x Pro Bowl)

So out of the 10 RB drafted between 2010-21, 50% have made at least one pro bowl. That’s a pretty good clip & a bragging chip. So u have guys getting drafted high at that position & production u can brag about, including a rookie who made the pro bowl his first yr last season.

Incredible

It’s y when I see certain kids at a certain position commit to a school, I don’t blame them. OSU has been pumping out WRs, so of course top WRs r intrigued to go there. Bama has been pumping out DLmen & RBs, so of course RBs & DL r intrigued to go there. OU (w/ Riley) was pumping out QBs, so yes QB transfer & recruits were intrigued going there. UGA have been putting secondary & LBs in the league, so yes those kids r intrigued to go there. Mario & Alex have been grooming top end OL, so yea they have the ears of those players.

It makes sense; these kids wanna make the league, so what’s the easiest path? Winning matters, sure, but player development to get to the next level is of utmost importance.

It’s not careers vs. pay day.

But, since we’re talking careers:
-Ingram (3x Pro Bowl)
-Lacy (1x All-Pro / Pro Bowl)
-Jacobs (1x Pro Bowl)
-Henry (NOPY, 2x Pro Bowl, 2x All Pro)
-Harris (1x Pro Bowl)

So out of the 10 RB drafted between 2010-21, 50% have made at least one pro bowl. That’s a pretty good clip & a bragging chip. So u have guys getting drafted high at that position & production u can brag about, including a rookie who made the pro bowl his first yr last season.

I’ll stand by statement and I’m not totally disagreeing with you either.

I’m interested to see what Jacobs does this season for the Raiders now that they have Adams on the outside.

I’ll stand by statement and I’m not totally disagreeing with you either.

I’m interested to see what Jacobs does this season for the Raiders now that they have Adams on the outside.

If The Raiders don’t beast this yr….I need all Raider fans to owe us an apology for all the hype they’ve been given, & I’m talking to @calinative umstudent lol.

I expect big things from all parties.

Advertisement
If The Raiders don’t beast this yr….I need all Raider fans to owe us an apology for all the hype they’ve been given, & I’m talking to @calinative umstudent lol.

I expect big things from all parties.
The raider can have 10+ wins and still finish like last in the division, that's how good the AFC West will be this year. Going to be by far the best division in the NFL. Only Problem with our offense will be OLine though. Carr+Davante+Waller will be great. Personally I'm not the biggest Jacobs fan (I think 1st round RBs are terrible investments), plus we'll be doing more RB by committee like the Pats always do.

The raider can have 10+ wins and still finish like last in the division, that's how good the AFC West will be this year. Going to be by far the best division in the NFL. Only Problem with our offense will be OLine though. Carr+Davante+Waller will be great. Personally I'm not the biggest Jacobs fan (I think 1st round RBs are terrible investments), plus we'll be doing more RB by committee like the Pats always do.

Yeah, I think RBs in the 1st r a poor investment, too. They r not built like The RBs in the early yrs anymore, & the game is so different than yesteryear. How u feel about ur defense?

Yeah, I think RBs in the 1st r a poor investment, too. They r not built like The RBs in the early yrs anymore, & the game is so different than yesteryear. How u feel about ur defense?
Feel better about LB than I have at any point in the last like decade - which is kinda sad, cause its not like we have anyone special there. Denzel is great at what he's asked to do - and thats more than most LBs we've had in the past.
I like our DLine+Edge. DT isn't anything special, but they're dudes that will get the job done fine. Hankins was good last year. And in a 34 we don't really need anyone specatuclar on the interior... Crosby and Chandler Jones will be the stars for sure. I think that is a great duo at Edge.
At DB, I really dislike Jonathan Abram - talk about another waste of a 1st (to go along with Clelin Ferrell, Damon Arnette, and Henry Ruggs). I like Trayvon Mullen, but he's very injury prone. Nate Hobbs was great last year, I like Rock Ya Sin and Trevon Moehrig..

Basically overall I feel like we can be solid to good if healthy. A lot will just depend on the DBs.

The sad thing is if we didn't have inept management, with all the draft capital we have had we could have had a **** load of talent. Abram 1st, Ferrell top 5, Jacobs 1st, Arnette 1st, Ruggs 1st - not bad pick but still, Leatherwood 1st - not even a sure starter at RT/RG, Lynn Bowden 3rd, Tanner Muse 3rd... And it's not like any of those guys were suprise busts or anything. They were just bad picks/value with the exception of Ruggs which was out of their control.

Advertisement
Saban recruited RBs:
-Mark Ingram (class of ‘08) : 1st round pick
-Trent Richardson (class of ‘09) : 1st round pick
-Eddie Lacy (class of ‘09) : 2nd round pick

Yeah I don’t blame the kid just saying I hate Bama and I’m ready for Saban to retire.

Advertisement
Land Chris Johnson/Baxter

Citizen is an elite back

Bama is a great barometer to meet. We're on our way.

Bain. Don't even act like you didnt throw some shade. That **** was clear as day. Im not evnen going to read any further.
1,000% wrong, I didn’t at all.

Yall just overreact to every single thing I say & read way too much into everything.

I’ve said as far back as February that we’re getting Bain, he has his older Brother, his Cousin & his former Head Coach at Central on our staff, he’ll commit to Miami after he’s done taking his visits.

I have no reason whatsoever to throw any shade at all towards Rueben, I literally went to High School with Wilbert & know his whole family.

Miami has never had problems recruiting RB and we likely never will with Mario. Of course I’d love Young or Baxter, but I’m not sweating it at all. We may not be Bama with RB’s, but we are likely going to be a top 5 RB recruiting team. We have depth now. It’s not as important as other positions. There are only a few true studs at the position that can actually win games for you. It’s why the NFL devalues the position compared to others.

Advertisement
Back