-Jalston Fowler (class of ‘10) : 4th round pick
-TJ Yeldon (class of ‘12) : 2nd round pick
-Kenyon Drake (class of ‘12) : 3rd round pick
-Derrick Henry (class of ‘13) : 1st round pick
-Damien Harris (class of ‘15) : 3rd round pick
-Josh Jacobs (class of ‘16) : 1st round pick
-Najee Harris (class of ‘17) : 1st round pick
-Brian Robinson (class of ‘17) : 3rd round pick

These are all the RBs Bama have recruited, stayed, & drafted. A few from these classes transferred after a yr & became an after thought, but class after class Bama has pumped the NFL w/ high draft pick RBs. This is going to lure any top RB there.
One of those transfers, Alvin Kamara.

Advertisement
1,000% wrong, I didn’t at all.

Yall just overreact to every single thing I say & read way too much into everything.

I’ve said as far back as February that we’re getting Bain, he has his older Brother, his Cousin & his former Head Coach at Central on our staff, he’ll commit to Miami after he’s done taking his visits.

I have no reason whatsoever to throw any shade at all towards Rueben, I literally went to High School with Wilbert & know his whole family.
👀

Mario will retire Saban. Give it just a few years. It will be crazy at The U beginning with the 24 class.
Netflix Seriously GIF by Stranger Things

Advertisement
Saban recruited RBs:
-Mark Ingram (class of ‘08) : 1st round pick
-Trent Richardson (class of ‘09) : 1st round pick
-Eddie Lacy (class of ‘09) : 2nd round pick
-Jalston Fowler (class of ‘10) : 4th round pick
-TJ Yeldon (class of ‘12) : 2nd round pick
-Kenyon Drake (class of ‘12) : 3rd round pick
-Derrick Henry (class of ‘13) : 1st round pick
-Damien Harris (class of ‘15) : 3rd round pick
-Josh Jacobs (class of ‘16) : 1st round pick
-Najee Harris (class of ‘17) : 1st round pick
-Brian Robinson (class of ‘17) : 3rd round pick

These are all the RBs Bama have recruited, stayed, & drafted. A few from these classes transferred after a yr & became an after thought, but class after class Bama has pumped the NFL w/ high draft pick RBs. This is going to lure any top RB there.
Henry ain't go in the 1st round

I don’t watch much NFL anymore but how many of those guys are upper tier. Not even all pro. Just wondering because for years I always felt like Bama took years off careers. Only so many Carries in a career and most typically hit it around 29-30 years old. Bama guys seems to be earlier then that.

I don’t watch much NFL anymore but how many of those guys are upper tier. Not even all pro. Just wondering because for years I always felt like Bama took years off careers. Only so many Carries in a career and most typically hit it around 29-30 years old. Bama guys seems to be earlier then that.
a handful of backs actually busted in the pros (or didn’t live up to expectations) but that’s not much of Alabama’s concern. Of course a successful NFL career is awesome, but it’s their job to take these high school talents and further develop them into early round NFL picks; not what happens after.

From a bust perspective:
- Trent Richardson
- Eddie Lacy
- TJ Yeldon
- Kenyon Drake is ok

No arguing that Henry, Jacobs and Najee are three of the top backs in the NFL, however. Damien Harris is very solid as well.

Advertisement
First Bama backs looked like crap as pros because they were worn workhorses, but they’ve gotten better at splitting carries and/or, saving that production for the draft eligible year.

It is like clockwork for them.

Just like a WR going to OSU, there is no grounds now to question a RB going to Bama. They currently have the best combination of the following 3 things: S&C, o-line to make you look great, success on efficient workloads.

And as annoying as UGA is, they’re a close second.

Last edited:
Advertisement
a handful of backs actually busted in the pros (or didn’t live up to expectations) but that’s not much of Alabama’s concern. Of course a successful NFL career is awesome, but it’s their job to take these high school talents and further develop them into early round NFL picks; not what happens after.

From a bust perspective:
- Trent Richardson
- Eddie Lacy
- TJ Yeldon
- Kenyon Drake is ok

No arguing that Henry, Jacobs and Najee are three of the top backs in the NFL, however. Damien Harris is very solid as well.

Even Lacy had a decent career. Making a pro bowl & given an all-pro nod is nothing to scoff at. Weight issues/injuries f’d him up, but Trent & Yeldon can definitely be considered bust, ESPECIALLY Trent. But like u said, their goal is get to guys to the league in high rounds. At RB, they’ve done a great job & it’s no surprise that top backs continue to go there.

Advertisement
People talk about winning. No doubt that has some value. But what really moves these kids is 'can you get me in the league?' It's the same reason high achieving aspiring lawyers want to go to an Ivy League law school. Once our kids start getting drafted in the first 2 days on the regular, that will make Coral Gables that much more attractive.
💯 It's the same reason everyone wanted to be a Cane in the 90s and early 2000s

Last edited:

From a bust perspective:
- Trent Richardson
- Eddie Lacy
- TJ Yeldon
- Kenyon Drake is ok

I mean to be honest, if a player is a bust it’s not Bama’s fault. Lacy ran for 1k 3 straight years in the league. He just gained so much weight. He wasn’t discipline in the off season. It’s not Bama’s fault. Richardson ran for over 900 yards his rookie year. He got traded from a terrible organization and lost his confidence along the way. Bama didn’t take years off his career especially when he was splitting time with Ingram. Yeldon just faded away. And Kenyan is doing exactly what he did at Bama. He never eclipsed 700 yards in a season at Bama. He was used all over the field though. And Bama always used a rb by committee. Their lead back always got reached a 1k though.

Richard Young committed to Bama yesterday (7-30-22). Another RB (Justice Haynes), apparently helped recruit him. Surprised that these two are part of the same class. The only part that makes sense about that is they won't be totally run into the ground by Satan when they enter the draft. The part our coaches are going to need to work hard to counter is that Caleb Downs is apparently a "best friend" of Haynes who also said he knows Olaus (already committed) & Samson Okunlola pretty well and will be recruiting them. The reference to Samson is not ideal (although he appears to be trending Miami according to most sites). Samson is a must get for us. I'm counting on Super Mario to come through & stuff that Mr. A'ight in his locker!

Advertisement
Back