2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Advertisement
When Haynes committed to Bama he was talking about playing with Young so I thought this was already being talked about if not expected

Advertisement
Advertisement
No one was saying that man. Yall need to stop embelishing ****. Its the gap between them and other teams that changes. No big program is gonna stop recruiting well. What margins is the question
Bruh, what? You do realize this is CiS and people say all types of **** right??

I'm not gonna put them on blast but I literally told people to chill a couple of weeks ago because there were people saying "Bama will likely be outside the Top 5." That is a direct quote from a thread.

Ironically Tuscaloosa was named after Tuskaloosa who was a Black Muskogean Chief.

The name literally translates to Black Warrior lol
anchorman will ferral GIF

Advertisement
I hate Bama

Saban recruited RBs:
-Mark Ingram (class of ‘08) : 1st round pick
-Trent Richardson (class of ‘09) : 1st round pick
-Eddie Lacy (class of ‘09) : 2nd round pick
-Jalston Fowler (class of ‘10) : 4th round pick
-TJ Yeldon (class of ‘12) : 2nd round pick
-Kenyon Drake (class of ‘12) : 3rd round pick
-Derrick Henry (class of ‘13) : 2nd round pick
-Damien Harris (class of ‘15) : 3rd round pick
-Josh Jacobs (class of ‘16) : 1st round pick
-Najee Harris (class of ‘17) : 1st round pick
-Brian Robinson (class of ‘17) : 3rd round pick

These are all the RBs Bama have recruited, stayed, & drafted. A few from these classes transferred after a yr & became an after thought, but class after class Bama has pumped the NFL w/ high draft pick RBs. This is going to lure any top RB there.

**corrected Henry: he went 2nd round

Last edited:
Saban recruited RBs:
-Mark Ingram (class of ‘08) : 1st round pick
-Trent Richardson (class of ‘09) : 1st round pick
-Eddie Lacy (class of ‘09) : 2nd round pick
-Jalston Fowler (class of ‘10) : 4th round pick
-TJ Yeldon (class of ‘12) : 2nd round pick
-Kenyon Drake (class of ‘12) : 3rd round pick
-Derrick Henry (class of ‘13) : 1st round pick
-Damien Harris (class of ‘15) : 3rd round pick
-Josh Jacobs (class of ‘16) : 1st round pick
-Najee Harris (class of ‘17) : 1st round pick
-Brian Robinson (class of ‘17) : 3rd round pick

These are all the RBs Bama have recruited, stayed, & drafted. A few from these classes transferred after a yr & became an after thought, but class after class Bama has pumped the NFL w/ high draft pick RBs. This is going to lure any top RB there.

People talk about winning. No doubt that has some value. But what really moves these kids is 'can you get me in the league?' It's the same reason high achieving aspiring lawyers want to go to an Ivy League law school. Once our kids start getting drafted in the first 2 days on the regular, that will make Coral Gables that much more attractive.

Last edited:
People talk about winning. No doubt that has some value. But what really moves these kids is 'can you get me in the league?' It's the same reason high achieving aspiring lawyers want to go to an Ivy League law school. Once our kids start gettinfg drafted in the first 2 days on the regular, that will make Coral Gables that much more attractive.

Bingo; it’s what I said on the podcast w/ @LeedsCane

Bells, whistles, endorsements, yada yada plays “a” role/factor, but kids mainly concerned w/ who’s the coach & can this school get me to the league. If a school is known for winning but no draft picks, no one is going there. They’ll get a grip of 3 star kids.

Advertisement
People talk about winning. No doubt that has some value. But what really moves these kids is 'can you get me in the league?' It's the same reason high achieving aspiring lawyers want to go to an Ivy League law school. Once our kids start getting drafted in the first 2 days on the regular, that will make Coral Gables that much more attractive.

I mean, sure. But we're recruiting well even before Mario coaches a game. Have a good season and we might challenge for the top class in 24, much less in a few years

Bingo; it’s what I said on the podcast w/ @LeedsCane

Bells, whistles, endorsements, yada yada plays “a” role/factor, but kids mainly concerned w/ who’s the coach & can this school get me to the league. If a school is known for winning but no draft picks, no one is going there. They’ll get a grip of 3 star kids.

Word up, son. If you don't mind, throw up a link for the podcast.

I mean, sure. But we're recruiting well even before Mario coaches a game. Have a good season and we might challenge for the top class in 24, much less in a few years

I'm not discounting the value of winning. But the game changers are a different breed. Check out the Canesville vid where he asked Manny why the kids getting drafted, albeit in lower rounds, did not translate to success on the field. Manny had no answer. We need the big dog recruits to get into top class range.

Advertisement
Back