2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

**** I'm just happy no other in-state schools made the list, especially uf since they were feeling good about him at one point.

Advertisement
Saw this thread bumped and was thinking, please be @Da Jumbo Mutombo post in here! ****
Not A Crumb GIF by Tiffany

Advertisement
As a Bucs and Canes fan growing up in Tampa I was stoked AF when Vinny went to TB. Did not work out, but I still believe he could have been a franchise QB/HOF (or close to it) had he not been drafted by the Bucs and coached by HC/GM/OC/QB Corch Ray Perkins.

There was an intangible missing, to be honest. I think he was so physically gifted, maybe everything came too easy.

Side Note: He was not a backup on any Super Bowl team. His one season in Dallas as 2004, under Parcells.

I also worked with his wife’s sister for a few years. Right around the time VT Jr was a walk-on.

View attachment 196141
He threw for 46 k yards and made the pro bowl twice and had a couple monster years. I hear you though, he's such an enigma. Might be he really needed a QB coach that could have spent the time with him.

As a Cane, I still can't figure out what went wrong. Was it that during the PSU game he was having PTSD symptoms from the Tennessee game the previous year?

Advertisement
Please god get this kid to listen behind this o line

BTW, How did a UGA legacy not go to Georgia?

Advertisement
UGA mod just said this is one of the biggest shocks in UGA recruiting in the 12 years he has covered them. Everyone thought that kid was a UGA lock the entire process.
His Dad was a RB at UGA under Jim Donnan & Mark Richt & Justice was a heavy heavy UGA lean for most of the process.

But, it goes to show why OV’s are so important, because sometimes minds can be changed, even for legacy locks

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back