2023 #1 247 RB Richard Young

Advertisement
Exactly! It’s not out of the realm. And as long as they continue to get decent coaching they’ll start having more talent. Unfortunately, coaching had fallen off at the HBCU level but it looks like it’s getting better. I actually remembered back in 07 Hampton University had quite a few guys in NFL camps. Justin Durant was their highest selection with the Jags. The funny thing is they also used the JSU blueprint with transfers like Tavaris Bain who played here.
Delaware St used to pump out quite a few NFL prospects a while back. John Taylor was from there IIRC

I think you nailed it on the coaching aspects

Coach Chaney was on with Miami Flo last night. Couldn’t listen at the time, so wondering if he mentioned anything about Young specifically.
no. nothing about any specific kids. he didn't even mention his name. he talked about recruiting, NIL, transfer portal, etc. Gave his perspective as a parent of two sons on scholarship and also a coach. He was very good.

Advertisement

prayer GIF
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards
Pray Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live
Praying Nia Long GIF
Pray Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks
Praying Kendrick Lamar GIF by SZA
Pray Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Demic
pray GIF
praying homer simpson GIF

I personally know multiple guys that were drafted and played in the NFL from the FCS. They were not top prospects out of high school. These young men are.

So, you are not in a position to say what they can become or what these schools can be. Just like Miami, they were once elite football schools. They'll probably never get their again, but they can still produce NFL talent.

I saw a video where Bear Bryant and Frank Broyles were at a clinic from legendary FAMU coach Jake Gaither back in the day. Gaither was the one who invented offensive line splits. He was never given credit for it. They were learning from him, not the other way around. People want to stereotype what they don't know or don't understand.
Gaither is one of the most underrated colleges coaches of all-time and one of the best.

Advertisement
I would like for yall to keep the threads to the title, especially the players threads. If u find a discussion enticing, make a new thread. Por favor.

Deion right now has KIDS coming to him recruiting wise.
The Barstools thing is fairly new. Are you forgetting this is actualy PRIME we are talking about, dude is from South Florida with a PIMP type talk game..he can recruit any **** one.
Him living in Dallas so long he is plugged into good kids in that area, he is from sw fla...he can pull florida kids all day...In fact i wont be surprised if he isnt targeting THIS KID who is from his area in this post...Richard Young.

He can always get portal divers to JSU. Look how he just pulled Mark Pope. lol

yea he said he would go from like 7-6pm the latest coaching wise on a need basis. He also has some nfl guys on his coaching staff and they are cool with that type of deal as well.

Listening to that interview let me know his mindset towards it...and just looking back at that interview...it was from got**** July of 2021. So the things he said inthe interview he ended up manifesting.

GREAT INTERVIEW TO WATCH THE MINDSET HE HAS.

DEION MIGHT BE ONE OF THE ONLY FSU GUYS I EVER LIKED. I HATE FSU, HATE THE COWBOYS, YET ALWAYS LIKED THE GUY LOL

Gogeta4, thought we was cool! Yu can't hate on my cowboys.

Advertisement
So....Shodell says that Young "Khalil Florenced" him....hung up when he called, ignoring texts. Doesn't mean anything, but it's not a positive if he isn't interested in the media that would cover him while he's at Miami. Would be interesting to know how he treats the Bama/OSU/UF Media guys.

OTOH, Lake and Urrutia said Young was the last kid to leave at the weekend.....that's definitely not a negative.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back