Well, to be exact, through five games both had 21 tackles, 14 solo and 7 assisted. Harris had 1.5 sacks compared to Thornton’s 2. The difference is what happened after that. Harris’ production took a dive the rest of the season and he only registered 19 more tackles.Thornton has likely already made more tackles this season than Harris did in an entire season. We were historically bad with Harris on the back end.
Robert Knowles would like a word with youJaden Harris was the worst db to ever play here. If you want to put Thornton in that category then I suggest you log off.
Robert Knowles showed improvement his last year I believeRobert Knowles would like a word with you
& you live up up your profile name to the fullestYou’re the Jaden Harris of message board posting
More Amari CarterJaden Harris that is all….. When he’s in space that’s all he reminds me of ngl . Can’t cover and can’t tackle correctly. He does okay on blitzes but that’s about it. I can’t wait until everyone gets healthy and or Dylan day start taking some of his reps.
Hetherman doesn't operate like that. He brings in good players and figures out how to fit them in the lineup. It can change week to week and play to play. If you haven't noticed we are missing 3 CB and kinda need Omar to play more than he probably would.I wonder why Heatherman would bring in a Nickel who can’t cover? Somewhat head scratching
I already said I prefer him being used as a situational player when X comes back. I'm not going to call him Jaden Harris which is completely absurd.Call a spade a spade. He is great when he's allowed to play downhill. MOST of clemsons offense developed underneath. He becomes an issue when he's expected to tackle in space. There's a reason we blitz him and jj so often. Difference seems to be JJ simply needs experience. Not many concerns with him honestly long term. Thorton in same circumstances I wouldn't feel so confident in.
If healthy slime could be our best cbI think the guys I listed get most of the playing time. Slime and O’Connor are excellent depth pieces.
Shut tf up.
You have terrible memory if you think Thorton is on the same planet as Jaden Harris. And thats not even me complimenting thorton. Jaden Harris was dog **** who wouldnt be able to be the water boy on this defense.
I’m not sure why Thornton gets all the heat , we’re an atrocious tackling team. JJ has alot too but he’s a Fr. Not surprising. We average double digit missed tackles every game. That’s one of our biggest issues I’ve been griping about. We luckily haven’t played anyone with can make us pay for them.
Lol talking about Westco is nasty.. you related? .... Boston College Beat reporters were talking about him missing tackles all last year. He is notorious for it and thats exactly why Heatherman moved him close to the LOS. He cant complain ever again about not playing deep safety.For reference Omar had 7 tackles, 6 solo, 1 assisted, 1 sack vs Clemson
Not exactly sure where the outrage is coming from here. Wesco is straight nasty and that move was dirty.
can you please read my posts correctly sir. I have said he needs to improve his tackling fundamentals and I have said I prefer him to be more of a situational player. I have also said the complaints about him are grossly exaggerated because they are. As many have noted already, we don't teach guys to break down and tackle. Hethernman wants a crazy swarm of animals going in from everywhere and we do miss tackles, but the swarm and our zone usually cleans it up.Lol talking about Westco is nasty.... Boston College Beat reporters were talking about him missing tackles all last year. He is notorious for it and thats exactly why Heatherman moved him close to the LOS. He cant complain ever again about not playing deep safety again
Love his physicality...but every other safety on the roster makes that play on Westco and you know it....it is what it is...can you please read my posts correctly sir. I have said he needs to improve his tackling fundamentals and I have said I prefer him to be more of a situational player. I have also said the complaints about him are grossly exaggerated because they are. As many have noted already, we don't teach guys to break down and tackle. Hethernman wants a crazy swarm of animals going in from everywhere and we do miss tackles, but the swarm and our zone usually cleans it up.
he isn't Jaden Harris and we need him
all of them have missed tackles lol. the issue here is the one Omar misses was a big play. he's got some high visibility misses vs others running under the radar. this will even out over the year so will circle back to this laterLove his physicality...but every other safety on the roster makes that play on Westco it is what it is...