#0 Thornton is shades of…..

Thornton has likely already made more tackles this season than Harris did in an entire season. We were historically bad with Harris on the back end.
Well, to be exact, through five games both had 21 tackles, 14 solo and 7 assisted. Harris had 1.5 sacks compared to Thornton’s 2. The difference is what happened after that. Harris’ production took a dive the rest of the season and he only registered 19 more tackles.

I don’t see Thornton doing that unless they take him off the field. There’s still a lot of football left to play, but as the season goes on and the defensive line continues on its current path, I think Thornton will settle down and become more consistent.
 
I think the play of Keionte Scott really spoiled a lot of you. If we're being honest....Thornton has been the most impactful player on defense that is not on the defensive line. He's constantly in the backfield forcing the QB to move around. The 2nd half of the Wake Forest game was evidence of that. His limitations are what they are...he's not great in coverage/space. But that's not what we brought him here for. Keionte Scott played on a team that had a healthy secondary. I get the frustration with Thornton, but we can't accurately assess him with the injuries in the secondary.
 
Jaden Harris that is all….. When he’s in space that’s all he reminds me of ngl . Can’t cover and can’t tackle correctly. He does okay on blitzes but that’s about it. I can’t wait until everyone gets healthy and or Dylan day start taking some of his reps.
More Amari Carter
 
I wonder why Heatherman would bring in a Nickel who can’t cover? Somewhat head scratching
Hetherman doesn't operate like that. He brings in good players and figures out how to fit them in the lineup. It can change week to week and play to play. If you haven't noticed we are missing 3 CB and kinda need Omar to play more than he probably would.
 
Call a spade a spade. He is great when he's allowed to play downhill. MOST of clemsons offense developed underneath. He becomes an issue when he's expected to tackle in space. There's a reason we blitz him and jj so often. Difference seems to be JJ simply needs experience. Not many concerns with him honestly long term. Thorton in same circumstances I wouldn't feel so confident in.
I already said I prefer him being used as a situational player when X comes back. I'm not going to call him Jaden Harris which is completely absurd.
 
Shut tf up.

You have terrible memory if you think Thorton is on the same planet as Jaden Harris. And thats not even me complimenting thorton. Jaden Harris was dog **** who wouldnt be able to be the water boy on this defense.
Adam Sandler Water GIF
 
I’m not sure why Thornton gets all the heat , we’re an atrocious tackling team. JJ has alot too but he’s a Fr. Not surprising. We average double digit missed tackles every game. That’s one of our biggest issues I’ve been griping about. We luckily haven’t played anyone with can make us pay for them.
Michael Richards Yes GIF
 
For reference Omar had 7 tackles, 6 solo, 1 assisted, 1 sack vs Clemson

Not exactly sure where the outrage is coming from here. Wesco is straight nasty and that move was dirty.
Lol talking about Westco is nasty.... Boston College Beat reporters were talking about him missing tackles all last year. He is notorious for it and thats exactly why Heatherman moved him close to the LOS. He cant complain ever again about not playing deep safety again
 
Back
Top