#0 Thornton is shades of…..

Here is another kid who gets trashed on here but the mouth breathers will miss this guy when he is gone.

The first missed tackle sucked the second was a scramble that the dude put a nasty move and would have broken 9.5 out of 10 ankles coming for him on that play

Believe me when I say this guy and you’re make people pull up and not want to get hit. Thornton was never supposed to be great in coverage. He is exactly who his tape showed him to be. That does mean he sucks tho

I think most of you mouth breathers are mad he isn’t Agent 0 but here’s a news flash, we may never get nickel play again like we got last year

As cribby said Dunnigan isn’t tackling well, Bryce isn’t tackling well, only reliable tackler we have in the secondary is 7, although EOC is showing toughness
 
I’ll take the limitations of him not being great in coverage and guarding guys in space…

If he can just tackle guys in space.

he’s a a poor tackler in the open field. I’ve counted almost 100 yards of YAC on missed tackles by him.
his missed tackle was literally the sole reason Clemson got a td
 
Two of them (Ivey and Bell) started in the NFL last week.

Good God you're banging this drum louder than the Arch drum these days.

Let's add some context..... DJ made his FIRST career start for the Bengals because their pass D sux and they did some tinkering in the secondary. This is his 4th season in the league. He has a career PFF grade of about 50.

Markel started because Lane Johnson suprise-retired earlier than anticipated and his backup was out with injury. Markel played fairly well and shouldn't necessarily be lumped together with DJ Ivey for several reasons, starting with the amount of time he received criticism at UM. Most of the fans were in his corner last year, certainly by the end of his time here. Markel was a 3rd rounder, not a seventh.

I know it sounds like I'm hating on DJ, but I'm not. I'm hating on this victim card being laid out on behalf of DJ Ivey coupled with this notion that he's some sort of baller in the league. After some evidence, you backed off (slightly and temporarily I suspect) the Arch Trombone and I'm hoping you'll back off this DJ Ivey blame game.
Too many people lack an understanding of what it takes to make the NFL.

Only 5.7% of FBS players get drafted. This already puts him in rare company.

“But he got picked in the 7th round! Those guys don’t make it.”

True. Only 25% of 7th Rounders make it to Year 4. He’s on that list. Not only is he on that list, but he’s starting.

So many people lack the ability to say, “I was wrong about his talent.” When I said he was an NFL corner, people lost their minds. That’s why I take such pleasure in reminding them how wrong they were.
 
Two of them (Ivey and Bell) started in the NFL last week.

Good God you're banging this drum louder than the Arch drum these days.

Let's add some context..... DJ made his FIRST career start for the Bengals because their pass D sux and they did some tinkering in the secondary. This is his 4th season in the league. He has a career PFF grade of about 50.

Markel started because Lane Johnson suprise-retired earlier than anticipated and his backup was out with injury. Markel played fairly well and shouldn't necessarily be lumped together with DJ Ivey for several reasons, starting with the amount of time he received criticism at UM. Most of the fans were in his corner last year, certainly by the end of his time here. Markel was a 3rd rounder, not a seventh.

I know it sounds like I'm hating on DJ, but I'm not. I'm hating on this victim card being laid out on behalf of DJ Ivey coupled with this notion that he's some sort of baller in the league. After some evidence, you backed off (slightly and temporarily I suspect) the Arch Trombone and I'm hoping you'll back off this DJ Ivey blame game.
Too many people lack an understanding of what it takes to make the NFL.

Only 5.7% of FBS players get drafted. This already puts him in rare company.

“But he got picked in the 7th round! Those guys don’t make it.”

True. Only 25% of 7th Rounders make it to Year 4. He’s on that list. Not only is he on that list, but he’s starting.

So many people lack the ability to say, “I was wrong about his talent.” When I said he was an NFL corner, people lost their minds. That is why I am so eager to remind them how wrong they were.
So it’s almost like a personal vendetta on your end?
I can get down with that. I can be petty asf. Te salud Don Corleone.
 
I’m not sure why Thornton gets all the heat , we’re an atrocious tackling team. JJ has alot too but he’s a Fr. Not surprising. We average double digit missed tackles every game. That’s one of our biggest issues I’ve been griping about. We luckily haven’t played anyone with can make us pay for them.
 
@Brooklyndee @Coach Macho @gogeta4

What is with Thornton's breakdown in the open field tackling situations?

Mental? Physical?

The young man is clearly a D1 athlete and belongs.

To me, it appears he over pursues and runner takes advantage.

Why is he struggling and how to correct?
Mechanics and lack of discipline on his approach. Just watch the main missed tackle from Saturday and look where his eyes are.
 
Jaden Harris that is all….. When he’s in space that’s all he reminds me of ngl . Can’t cover and can’t tackle correctly. He does okay on blitzes but that’s about it. I can’t wait until everyone gets healthy and or Dylan day start taking some of his reps.
Comparison is horrible. Harris wouldnt even be in the right spot to try to make the tackle.
 
Mechanics and lack of discipline on his approach. Just watch the main missed tackle from Saturday and look where his eyes are.
Eyes need to be on hips?

ZKyDWWNtLhu1trasNd (1).gif
 
Good God you're banging this drum louder than the Arch drum these days.

Let's add some context..... DJ made his FIRST career start for the Bengals because their pass D sux and they did some tinkering in the secondary. This is his 4th season in the league. He has a career PFF grade of about 50.

Markel started because Lane Johnson suprise-retired earlier than anticipated and his backup was out with injury. Markel played fairly well and shouldn't necessarily be lumped together with DJ Ivey for several reasons, starting with the amount of time he received criticism at UM. Most of the fans were in his corner last year, certainly by the end of his time here. Markel was a 3rd rounder, not a seventh.

I know it sounds like I'm hating on DJ, but I'm not. I'm hating on this victim card being laid out on behalf of DJ Ivey coupled with this notion that he's some sort of baller in the league. After some evidence, you backed off (slightly and temporarily I suspect) the Arch Trombone and I'm hoping you'll back off this DJ Ivey blame game.
Keeping it real, no one sucks in the NFL.
 
Too many people lack an understanding of what it takes to make the NFL.

Only 5.7% of FBS players get drafted. This already puts him in rare company.

“But he got picked in the 7th round! Those guys don’t make it.”

True. Only 25% of 7th Rounders make it to Year 4. He’s on that list. Not only is he on that list, but he’s starting.

So many people lack the ability to say, “I was wrong about his talent.” When I said he was an NFL corner, people lost their minds. That’s why I take such pleasure in reminding them how wrong they were.
Yeah no one sucks in the NFL..lol

I think we sometimes think with emotions. Only the best of the best plays in the NFL
 
Too many people lack an understanding of what it takes to make the NFL.

Only 5.7% of FBS players get drafted. This already puts him in rare company.

“But he got picked in the 7th round! Those guys don’t make it.”

True. Only 25% of 7th Rounders make it to Year 4. He’s on that list. Not only is he on that list, but he’s starting.

So many people lack the ability to say, “I was wrong about his talent.” When I said he was an NFL corner, people lost their minds. That’s why I take such pleasure in reminding them how wrong they were.
The data is the data.
 
Back
Top