🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

@Liberty City El
I agree with your assessment of Worsham and to me that begs the question. Why was this staff so high on Worsham?
Worsham’s route running and ability to get open imo. Does he need to gain weight? Yes, absolutely but He’s faster than most people think and looks pretty explosive and sudden running his routes
1579702510669.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Liberty City El I told you dude these skilled WRs practically grow on trees around the country. There are SFl upperclassmen on the rooster that have nowhere near the caliber of footwork and strength at the line of scrimmage, disciplined acceleration to sell the vertical release and precise footwork on the route breaks, and ball skills in traffic. This guy and Worsham are way ahead of the game.

It's a brave new world for Miami at the WR position. The transition is happening from raw divas to polished workers. Embrace the change! #technicianSZN
Slow down. While I like this take, this post sounds extremely biased and anti SFL. Why is it that we only get the “bad” SFL players while Bama gets the players that will go top 10 in the draft? Our players are not getting the coaching, simple as that.

Also, hated the Worsham take from the very beginning. Slow and had 2 hip surgeries. Will be a major bust here.

Slow down. While I like this take, this post sounds extremely biased and anti SFL. Why is it that we only get the “bad” SFL players while Bama gets the players that will go top 10 in the draft? Our players are not getting the coaching, simple as that.

Also, hated the Worsham take from the very beginning. Slow and had 2 hip surgeries. Will be a major bust here.

Amari Cooper and Jerry Jeudy and Calvin Ridley were skilled route runners in high school. Bama knows what's up and they recruit the guys who can play and get separation. They recruited Worsham for a reason but I'm sure they share your concerns about the injuries.

Miami OTOH used to desperately fling offers at any local who gets hyped without consideration of their personality and skill level. And the local fans, corches and recruiting gurus egg this on. Sam Bruce is a perfect example - he jackrabbits in 10 directions and 15 seconds later he's dusted some no name kid at a camp and boom he's a 4* and if Miami doesn't sign him the locals riot.

Yet I'm the bad guy for pointing out this stuff? Sometimes I wonder if these people want us to win or they just want some recruiting 'wins' for their pride. "Hey look at me I evaluated this local kid 3 years ago and told my buddies and this board that we should 'croot him and now we did!". But I guess that makes me biased for not getting tunnel vision on South Florida, right? :rolleyes:

Advertisement
Yes this!!!

people want us to be a **** NFL MINOR LEAGUE team than a consistent winner

bring kids who can help win games and bring home championships

if they go on to be drafted that’s a bonus for all parties

That's nope the case. At least it isn't with me. Bottom line is you better have some NFL talent on your team if you wanna win a national title. Just the way it is. No modern team has never won a national title with zero NFL talent. This kid can come here and still have a nice career and do squat in the NFL but best believe you better have NFL talent somewhere or you aren't Winning **** on a grand scale.

Advertisement
Amari Cooper and Jerry Jeudy and Calvin Ridley were skilled route runners in high school. Bama knows what's up and they recruit the guys who can play and get separation. They recruited Worsham for a reason but I'm sure they share your concerns about the injuries.

Miami OTOH used to desperately fling offers at any local who gets hyped without consideration of their personality and skill level. And the local fans, corches and recruiting gurus egg this on. Sam Bruce is a perfect example - he jackrabbits in 10 directions and 15 seconds later he's dusted some no name kid at a camp and boom he's a 4* and if Miami doesn't sign him the locals riot.

Yet I'm the bad guy for pointing out this stuff? Sometimes I wonder if these people want us to win or they just want some recruiting 'wins' for their pride. "Hey look at me I evaluated this local kid 3 years ago and told my buddies and this board that we should 'croot him and now we did!". But I guess that makes me biased for not getting tunnel vision on South Florida, right? :rolleyes:

100% facts my dude! For every Cooper, Jeudy, & Ridley there's literally 100 other WRs in S.FLA who don't pan out, and bust, because they're overrated & overhyped. Which only underscores the importance of evaluations & technically/fundamentally sound coaching. In the last 10+ yrs I think MIA may lead the entire country in 4 star WRs busts. It would be counter-productive on multiple levels for MIA to not recruit nationally.

South Florida is the best region for WRs in the nation. There is no #2.

Currently in the NFL (so no Antonio Brown):

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
TY Hilton
Marquis Brown
Robbie Anderson
John Brown
Phillip Dorsett
Allen Hurns
Travis Benjamin
Isaiah McKenzie
TreQuan Smith
Riley Ridley
Javon Wims
Johnny Holton

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
TY Hilton
Marquis Brown
Robbie Anderson
John Brown
Phillip Dorsett
Allen Hurns
Travis Benjamin
Isaiah McKenzie
TreQuan Smith
Riley Ridley
Javon Wims
Johnny Holton

Relax on the "There is no #2"
Southern California may be #1
John Ross
Kenny Stills
Robert Woods
Desean Jackson
Michael Thomas
JuJu
Marvin Jones
Jaydon Mickens
Dante Pettis
Marqise Lee
Quincy Enunwa
Paul Richardson

Advertisement

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
TY Hilton
Marquis Brown
Robbie Anderson
John Brown
Phillip Dorsett
Allen Hurns
Travis Benjamin
Isaiah McKenzie
TreQuan Smith
Riley Ridley
Javon Wims
Johnny Holton

The majority of the WRs on your list were not highly recruited coming out of HS. My pt was about S.FLA WRs rated 4 stars and above who don't pan out & bust at an extremely high rate because they're overrated & overhyped. I never once said that there were no WRs from S.FLA in the NFL. Clearly there is. However as Urban Meyer has said on numerous occasions, S.FLA players are raw. Therefore you have to properly evaluate, and provide them with coaching that is technically & fundamentally sound to maximize their chances of succeeding.

Last edited:
John Ross
Kenny Stills
Robert Woods
Desean Jackson
Michael Thomas
JuJu
Marvin Jones
Jaydon Mickens
Dante Pettis
Marqise Lee
Quincy Enunwa
Paul Richardson

Southern California is a broad term (the geographic region is five times bigger than South Florida) but that's a good list. I probably overstated the point.

LA is in the mix, but South Florida is the best year-in, year-out for both depth and first rounders like Jerry Jeudy. The idea that we should consciously move away from South Florida receivers doesn't add up.

John Ross
Kenny Stills
Robert Woods
Desean Jackson
Michael Thomas
JuJu
Marvin Jones
Jaydon Mickens
Dante Pettis
Marqise Lee
Quincy Enunwa
Paul Richardson

Definitely quality over quantity compared to S.FLA.

Advertisement
The majority of the WRs on your list were not highly recruited coming out of HS. My pt was about S.FLA WRs that were rated 4 stars and above who don't pan out & bust at an extremely high rate because they're overrated & overhyped. I never once said that there were no WRs from S.FLA in the NFL. Clearly there is. However as Urban Meyer has said on numerous occasions, S.FLA players are raw. Therefore you have to properly evaluate, and provide them with coaching that is technically & fundamentally sound to maximize their chances of succeeding.

The advantage South Florida WRs (and DBs) have is that they go against top talent year-round from an early age. They are excellent competitors and develop a knack for beating man coverage and playing man coverage.

The advantage South Florida WRs (and DBs) have is that they go against top talent year-round from an early age. They are excellent competitors and develop a knack for beating man coverage and playing man coverage.

I think S.FLA DBs are also overrated/overhyped. LSU & OSU are both DBU, and very few of their high NFL draft picks over the yrs were from S.FLA. The only one I can name is Patrick Peterson.

Last edited:
Competition is decent. Div 1 which is the highest division in San Diego Cty. And lost to Oceanside in the CIF championship which is the same school that produced Junior Seau. Last year Lincoln got to the State championship game.
FYI for the people who aren’t up on SD football here is a little list of players to come from SD
Ricky Williams
Terrell Davis
Arian Foster
Eric Allen
JJ Stokes
Alex Smith
Reggie Bush
Junior Seau
John Lynch
Chuck Cecil
rashaan salaam
Marcus Allen
Kenny Stills
and that’s just a few.
San Diego is an unknown and has tons of Talent and Miami would be wise to continue to recruit the area as the kids are willing to go away for school.
Tony Jefferson

I know you’ve been around here awhile but you’re one of my favorite posters on here

Advertisement
Back