🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

yeah he has long strides so he doesnt seem that fast but he blows by people. it looks effortless at times. However, hes not AR. AR was special. i get the comprasion though.

I agree. I don’t think that he is as good as AR15 was. But he has the potential to be an excellent player for us.

Advertisement
"Not a lot of people in the recruiting industry have gotten a chance to see Smith play, but 247Sports' national recruiting analyst Greg Biggins has and he was quick to admit when reached by phone that 247Sports might be a little low on Smith.

“He’s kind of a stud,” Biggins said.“San Diego is just kind of one of those places where kids fall through the cracks. He’s a really good athlete. The last two years, he was really productive. He’s a good athlete. A track guy. I don’t know if he ran last year, but he was a long jumper, a high jumper and a sprinter as a sophomore. Pretty explosive. Really good ball control and awareness. Doesn’t fight the ball and tracks it very well. A punt return guy and a kick return guy … I guarantee you he’s going to out perform guys that we have rated higher. He’s good.”
Biggins made sure to point out that Tennessee' Tee Martin offered Smith a scholarship two months ago. He added that Lincoln has produced former NFL players like Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis and Akili Smith.

"It's a program where it's kind of one of those deals where they don't win a lot of games, but they always have a lot of good athletes," Biggins said. "I like the take. I really do."
Lincoln offensive coordinator Jason Carter shared how the Hurricanes initially got involved with Smith.

"I have a mutual friend look at his tape and he was just like, 'I think this might be the best kept secret in America.' And I have known this. I mean nobody catches the ball like this kid so I had my guy send his tape out. Miami saw him and they couldn't believe he was still available," Carter said.
"He's had plenty of offers, but he just never got that big one."
Smith caught 46 passes for 808 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior. One of those scores landed him on ESPN's "You Got Mossed!" as he went up-and-over a defender to make a circus catch. The play can be viewed at the :50 second mark, here.
"He does that on a regular basis," Carter said.
Carter said Manny Diaz flew out to San Diego on Monday to conduct and in-home visit with Smith.
"They already admitted him into school so he will be there [Wednesday] to start classes," Carter said."

"Not a lot of people in the recruiting industry have gotten a chance to see Smith play, but 247Sports' national recruiting analyst Greg Biggins has and he was quick to admit when reached by phone that 247Sports might be a little low on Smith.

“He’s kind of a stud,” Biggins said.“San Diego is just kind of one of those places where kids fall through the cracks. He’s a really good athlete. The last two years, he was really productive. He’s a good athlete. A track guy. I don’t know if he ran last year, but he was a long jumper, a high jumper and a sprinter as a sophomore. Pretty explosive. Really good ball control and awareness. Doesn’t fight the ball and tracks it very well. A punt return guy and a kick return guy … I guarantee you he’s going to out perform guys that we have rated higher. He’s good.”
Biggins made sure to point out that Tennessee' Tee Martin offered Smith a scholarship two months ago. He added that Lincoln has produced former NFL players like Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis and Akili Smith.

"It's a program where it's kind of one of those deals where they don't win a lot of games, but they always have a lot of good athletes," Biggins said. "I like the take. I really do."
Lincoln offensive coordinator Jason Carter shared how the Hurricanes initially got involved with Smith.

"I have a mutual friend look at his tape and he was just like, 'I think this might be the best kept secret in America.' And I have known this. I mean nobody catches the ball like this kid so I had my guy send his tape out. Miami saw him and they couldn't believe he was still available," Carter said.
"He's had plenty of offers, but he just never got that big one."
Smith caught 46 passes for 808 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior. One of those scores landed him on ESPN's "You Got Mossed!" as he went up-and-over a defender to make a circus catch. The play can be viewed at the :50 second mark, here.
"He does that on a regular basis," Carter said.
Carter said Manny Diaz flew out to San Diego on Monday to conduct and in-home visit with Smith.
"They already admitted him into school so he will be there [Wednesday] to start classes," Carter said."

BuT ReCrUiTiNg RaNkInG AgEnCiEs ArE AlWaYs AcCuRrAtE !!

Last edited:
That's a shortsighted way of looking at it.

Unfortunately we had a WR corch that couldn't recruit locally so we missed out on just about every local prospect we could've had.

And Idk if you knew this but Hawaii had 3 WR's in the top 10, Cedrid Byrd had 98rec 1,097yds 10TD's, Jason Matthew-Sharsh had 87rec 913yds 5TD & Jared Smart has 87rec 1,129yds & 5TD's, plus the 3rd leading passer in college football & won 10 games this season. Wazzu had two WR's in the top 20 in receptions & yards, and Lashlee had James Proche leading the nation in receptions.

Wazzu & Hawaii play a high passing attempt Air Raid/Run & Shoot style offense that requires speedy route runner WR's & are always highly productive, and Lashlee running that Power Spread/Air Raid at SMU had highly productive WR's as well. Not a single one of them were 4-stars in HS but every one of them put up 80-100 catch season with over a 1,000yds.

Nick Rolovich & Mike Leach know two things well, WR's & QB's, if Lash worked to get him given how bad we need depth at WR there shouldn't be an issue with this take.

He'll come in more polished & ready to play that Daz Worsham I can bet that.
I think he’s the best wr in the class imo and he got big play potential easily. Happy he coming in the spring.

Advertisement
I like this get a lot. Kid has nice length, acceleration after the catch, and obviously can make some acrobatic catches.

So we have scholarship guys for spring

X: Pope, K. Smith, Worsham
Y: Wiggins, Payton, Redding
Z: Harley, Restrepo, Few

Payton and the freshmen will be looking to take jobs. Pope, Wiggins, and Harley need to show more consistency and productivity.

Looks like a long-strider with deceptive speed. He seems to be able to outrun most guys on the field. Anyone know what level of competition he faced?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like a long-strider with deceptive speed. He seems to be able to outrun most guys on the field. Anyone know what level of competition he faced?
Competition is decent. Div 1 which is the highest division in San Diego Cty. And lost to Oceanside in the CIF championship which is the same school that produced Junior Seau. Last year Lincoln got to the State championship game.
FYI for the people who aren’t up on SD football here is a little list of players to come from SD
Ricky Williams
Terrell Davis
Arian Foster
Eric Allen
JJ Stokes
Alex Smith
Reggie Bush
Junior Seau
John Lynch
Chuck Cecil
rashaan salaam
Marcus Allen
Kenny Stills
and that’s just a few.
San Diego is an unknown and has tons of Talent and Miami would be wise to continue to recruit the area as the kids are willing to go away for school.

Id take a Coley-type career/talent at this stage under these circumstances, all day

Stacey Coley with better hamstrings? Coley played hard, but he looked like got hurt every time he touched the ball. Credit to him though for mostly playing though the injuries. Ended up running a 4.39 at Miami's Pro Day but just couldn't stay healthy in the NFL. I think Coley ran around a 4.5 out of HS, so if the comparison holds up it's not impossible for Smith to get even faster.

Advertisement
I never disputed that, but the anti South Fla crusade you have is ridiculous.

I have no problem with this take at all, he's a very good prospect but imo he's much better than Daz, he's faster & has more explosion, Worsham is a slow skinny possession WR.
@Liberty City El
I agree with your assessment of Worsham and to me that begs the question. Why was this staff so high on Worsham?

Advertisement
Back