🚨 NEW COMMIT - Keyshawn Smith 2020 WR 🚨

Advertisement
Yo what a talent. What a find by a staff with not even a coach at his position. This kid is hella legit and no one here had ever heard of him. Probably a 3 star because his qb sucks and because he doesn’t run a full route tree so probably isn’t comfortable running many routes but in this offense they ask him to do much simpler stuff. You need a guy that can miss in this quick pass game and this guy has value there as well as a returner. Really pleased with the find.
Ive been saying it since the beginning of the cycle, one of the only things that has impressed me about this staff has been the evaluation of our recruits. I think alot of our 3 stars are very good players that are extremely under rated. **** Romello Height, which got away, i think is gonna be a monster at auburn. This kid criminally under rated. At the very least he should be a high 3 star not a middle of the road type of ranking.

Advertisement
If I'm on an anti South Fla crusade why have I said so many good things about Emilien and Kahlil Brantley? I let the film steer my opinions.

Daz has excellent separation skills. I agree that he's too skinny right now but he's not slow. He was a better fit in Enos' offense with the frequent reduced splits and stacks but Lashlee doesn't iso his WRs as much as other spread OCs like Briles so he should be fine. Good press corners could give him problems until he gets stronger but with his release skills it might not even matter.

Smith is in between Redding (toolsy ballwinner) and Worsham (skilled technician) as a player type. Eventually he could develop into the best of both worlds.

I think he's better than Worsham, but admit, I'm the low man on him.
His film is better than Redding, but Redding's splash plays, athleticism, and projectable upside make him a better prospect.

Just because I care...25% marketshare of receptions...31% marketshare of yards...40% marketshare of touchdowns...
Didn't turn the football over.
Led the team in all purpose yards -- 28% marketshare of total all-purpose yards.

This looks like a find.

Advertisement
Grades is the most part but also alot of the SE kids always ended up transferring to Helix, St Augustine or Cathedral Catholic.

But lately alot of stayed at Morse or Lincoln the last few years and stuck to this #SESTRONG mentality
True!! Morse should be way better in football but I know Helix always purge SE for players. I lived close to Helix and use to check out there games when Bush and Alex Smith was there.

How about you do some research on our school. Our school is one of the toughest and most competitive high schools in the country. The only reason people move to my town is so their kids can attend our school. Some people can barley pay rent in our town but they make sacrifices to stay because our schools are so good.
Sounds like my kid’s school. Are you in the DC area?

I guess Miami really leaving these South Florida kids alone. I don’t remember a time we went after a Cali WR like this. This is a head scratcher. Hope he’s worth the trip. But again... ENOUGH OF THE SMALL WR!!

Dude I get what you're saying but that's really an irrelevant point to right now.

1) Our previous WR corch wasn't a good recruiter so all the good high ranked players we already missed out on.

2) It's late January, how many 4/5-star WR's are out there that you think we can sign?

3) The majority of our current WR group are 4-stars, so what's the problem?

4) We need depth & adding a kid that can enroll early who understands the offense we're going to run cant hurt at all.

5) We don't even have a WR coach on staff as of now, so what exactly is wrong with finding a solid prospect that can play & a be a contributor?

If this is the best we can get, there is nothing wrong with it. However, it is sad how far Miami has dropped.

Advertisement
Advertisement
True!! Morse should be way better in football but I know Helix always purge SE for players. I lived close to Helix and use to check out there games when Bush and Alex Smith was there.

Steele Canyon is winning because alot of the SE families are getting priced out the hood and moving to East County.

F*ck the offer list, watch the tape. What do your eyes see? Have some confidence in yourself.
Seems like we’re always adding random late players with offers from FAU, Akron, and WKU. Then as fans try to justify how this player didn’t get better offers.

Considering some of the late takes we’ve had over the years...his offer list is pretty decent.

Advertisement
Back