🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff 🚨

Trump has proven he can get **** done, Manny has proven to be a failure
He certainly had a bad first year, Canemang, but has he really proven he is a failure or like most first year head coaches, he just needs a little time to prove he will be successful?

Advertisement
Right. Let’s see the results ON the field first. We were singing this same song last year.

Lots of good happening and I'm really excited about it but I'm still tempering my expectations for next season. I think there will be lots of improvement but we will not be among the elite after one offseason. All of this does need a little time to gel, mesh and start rolling. But all steps in the right direction.

Defense will be fine this year as it has been for the last four. Aside from Baxa's nuclear level meltdown, Patke did a good job shoring up the special teams. We were 3rd in the nation in PR average and Headley and the PR return coverage was as well. Imo he is growing into a good role with this team and will be solid for us going forward,
I feel better with #20 looking over his shoulder

Analyst role. It’s a dream job for me.

@caneinorlando - when u next talk to 2-0-ER, can u put in a good word for our boy Roffers? Hate to lose him on CIS, but would love him breaking down film for the defensive side of the ball (which seems to now be the side that needs the most analytical help now!).

Make it happen! Roffers 2020

Advertisement
WHAT Highsmith money? It never existed. Might be why he didn't get the job?

I'm really, really struggling to understand why the fanbase thinks we have money like Harvard.

There was a report out that boosters were ready to cover Highsmith’s salary.

I'm interested in seeing what Patke does with his new LBs. I think this new crop is faster and more athletic than Shaq and Pinckney. I also wouldn't be surprised if McCloud has an outstanding year. Hopefully Diaz is thinking of Reed as the ST coordinator in the future with an eye on moving him to DB coach.
Safety coach

Advertisement
Right. Let’s see the results ON the field first. We were singing this same song last year.

I definitely agree with you. After last offseason, NOBODY would of thought wed have the season we did. Our thoughts were”, Mannys D is going to continue to dominate. We stole Alabamas OC, and he HAS to be better then Richt. We fixed our special teams with Hedley.”. We hit on 1-3 with Hedley.

This offseason doesnt compare imo. For the 1st time, we finally have a offensive system that fits our players. A system that asks for less from our o line, and gives our playmakers the ball in space. We get the most dynamic QB that weve had in the history of the program. A guy that has already proved it at the college level. We address our new weakness at kicker, which we hope has the same turn around that punting saw last season. We add a guy thats the 3rd leading sack machine in the country. We bring in 1 of the best students of the game in E Reed, which we would have to think will help out our defense.

It was a pretty **** impressive offseason. I would of loved some changes on the defensive side, a couple of OL transfers, but the moves we did make are very impressive. E Reed to me is the most intriguing. Really want to see what his part is. If hes going to be developing, having input in scheming, and recruiting, that would be amazing! It seems as if he will be a position coach/assistant head coach. Who cares what the title says, this was a HUGE addition.

Manny trying to keep this job for a while
Why y’all continue to say keep his job? That’s the point for anybody that’s employed. How about y’all change that BS narrative to he’s trying to win. If someone sets their alarm clock to be on time, they’re trying to keep their job but it’s called getting ready for work.

Why y’all continue to say keep his job? That’s the point for anybody that’s employed. How about y’all change that BS narrative to he’s trying to win. If someone sets their alarm clock to be on time, they’re trying to keep their job but it’s called getting ready for work.

Your basically saying the same thing in a different way. Manny trying to win games = Manny keeping his job. Manny trying to keep his job = Manny trying to win games. The narrative is can be used for any coach in general. They are trying to keep their job until they find a better one or retire.

WHAT Highsmith money? It never existed. Might be why he didn't get the job?

I'm really, really struggling to understand why the fanbase thinks we have money like Harvard.
Try to keep up. One BOT committed to paying Highmith’s salary for two years.

We’ve got a $100M contract with Addidas. We’ve got $25+M per year coming from the ACC, and that’s only going up. This idea that we can’t pay for anything has been debunked beyond nauseum, and has become tiresome, beyond tiresome. The money is there to be made, win games and the return on investment is there. Make the playoffs on a routine basis, and HRS is not only full, but season ticket prices have room to rise.

We are not poor. Get over that little crutch.

Advertisement
Ok before I wasn’t convinced. Now I am. Manny reads CIS. He has done everything we(for the most part) wanted. Hired a spread guy. Canned Enos Barry and stumble. Got king and Roche. Justice is TBD. and then got telly. Liberty gotta be loving this. The WR coach we will see
Just need Rumph gone and I'm at least off season happy. But what he's done is better then zero moves so I have to credit him for that. I'm hoping telly can help recruit those dbs. We have to start out strong though and have a decent/good year

We’ve got a $100M contract with Addidas. We’ve got $25+M per year coming from the ACC, and that’s only going up. This idea that we can’t pay for anything has been debunked beyond nauseum, and has become tiresome, beyond tiresome. The money is there to be made, win games and the return on investment is there. Make the playoffs on a routine basis, and HRS is not only full, but season ticket prices have room to rise.

Facts we are not poor at all....that we can't afford top coaches is a flat out lie.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the 1st open job promises if a Fields/Hickson/Likens should leave...Maybe even Patke. Was an All-American LB and has been a TE/RB so far, and I wouldn't be surprise if he has LB knowledge or could help ST, or at least be groomed with want Diaz wants for LBs or the strikers...Just a thought

Maybe Taggert's failures actually helped us sneak him in as an analyst as he will be a hot commodity again at some point
Hopefully his mere presence makes Patke sweat his a-hole every day as Lockette lands him players Patke couldn’t get with bags.

Advertisement

The university wants you think they’re broke but they’re very far from it.

I just hope these moves mean that Ed Reed is going to spearhead our alumni network bag game and Lockette and Cooney will be the local bagmen.

Until we are competitive there, I don’t see us being an annual playoff team.
Hope so

I picture it like this if u grew up a cane fan...then get into coaching and it's your dream job. Then u get the job have a season so bad u have to go down swinging. I would do the same **** Diaz is doing even if I suck.....go down fuqin swinging for the university and job u love. So credit to that

Advertisement
Back