🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Telly Lockette joining the staff 🚨

If our Offense improves significantly, I think Diaz will realize he will need to go from boys to men on Defense too if he wants to compete with the big boys. This Defense capitalizes in playing In a horrific conference. That won’t cut it in the long run.

Our offense plays in the same conference buddy. And our defense played in the same conference when Golden was here and it sucked. Plus, are we going to a different conference? Trying to figure out how "that won't cut it in the long run".

And with a competent offense, you do realize how much our defense will benefit? They'll be an even better unit when they aren't on the field for 70% of the snaps

Advertisement
We have a long way to go to get back to relevant. We ain’t locking down isht without winning big time. But having some guys who know recruiting, can recruit, and know Miami, that is a start. It’s helpful, but don’t kid yourself about what it will take to start pulling the top 5* locals.
If we win get back to me in December and see if it’s true.

In fairness. I pick at the defense but they haven’t had an offense that can keep them off the field.

Agree.

Imo .....it’s actually kinda impressive with how awful the o has been the last couple years. Especially in 2018. They were on the field all game and their average starting position was something like at the 42 yard line. That punter and o would cause most defense to say f it at after half a season. But they finished in the 5-10 range.

Advertisement
Advertisement
tenor (1).gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Telly's son plays OL for MNW, bringing him in will ingratiate with that staff a great deal even more so than we already were.

The combo of Lockette & Ed Reed recruiting kids to come here will pay dividends.

All we have to do is win on the field... Thank God we got D'Eriq King to help expedite that process.

Now, just put everybody in bubble wrap for 8 months till opening game kickoff lol.
Facts

Uncle Luke is Miami music legend, but his impact on recruiting is drastically over stated.

No kid on the recruiting trail gives two fcks what Luke thinks, he just likes to place himself in this position as the arbiter of all of South Fla, when that's not the case.

His impact is only with the kids he coaches at Edison, most of which are FAU/FIU level talent to begin with. He's gotten a bunch of transfers from Miami Christian recently, one in particular 22 DE Francis Nolton Jr, but that kid is already super high on Miami anyway & nothing Luke says to him would make him change his mind about us.

Luke likes attention & likes to be pandered to by coaches, when it's all said & done, he doesn't really have the impact that people believe he has.
When thinking of Luke I separate the two, Miami music legend/wanna be college recruiting influencer. When he says crazy stuff in regards to recruiting, I don’t let that influence my perception of him as true hip hop pioneer in Miami. I will always respect him for that.

Advertisement
Back