🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Rob Likens expected to be named WR coach 🚨

As long as Lashlee played a role in the hire, I’m good with it. If not, I don’t want prior experience to get in the way of the real OC doing his job. There is something to be said about too many cooks in the kitchen. Hopefully this guy will stick to his responsibility and not second guess Lashlee.

Advertisement
Getting recent former power 5 ocs to be a positional coach such as at the receiver position is a good thing if you ask me🤷🏾‍♂️, good hire in that sense. Still going to need help recruiting receivers for this cycle, all hands on deck so dvd, field , cooney will need to assist with recruiting that talented receiver group. This coach helped develope nkeal Harry and their receiver this year in the draft so he knows what hes doing
that wr is brandon aiyuk. he is actually better then harry. its a good hire. as for recruiting wr's Miami gets wrs. its not a position we have issues finding talent at.

Advertisement
As long as Lashlee played a role in the hire, I’m good with it. If not, I don’t want prior experience to get in the way of the real OC doing his job. There is something to be said about too many cooks in the kitchen. Hopefully this guy will stick to his responsibility and not second guess Lashlee.

Alabama has all the cooks in one kitchen. Seems to work well for them.

Alabama has all the cooks in one kitchen. Seems to work well for them.
Alabama got to be come Alabama before having too many cooks in a kitchen. We are trying to right the ship after the Dan Enos experience and prior to that the Jon Richt QB coach experience. This can go on and on. We are not Alabama. Hence, let’s crawl before we walk. Then we can think about the coaches at the top university at that time.

If Payton breaks out like I expect then the situation will sell itself.

WR crootin is so overstated. There's an excess of good options - can't sign them all and can't bat 1.000 either. Not worried at all.

OL and defense is where we need the top croots and recruiters. And TE where we have Field for a reason. Truly great receiving TEs are a rare breed where natural ability is paramount.

Advertisement
I’ve been asking for a gray beard coach on this staff. To me, it’s critical that the staff have a few guys who have seen different situations and come out the other side.

Young is fun and trendy, but I’ve also learned there’s nothing better than being able to learn from someone who has been through it as well.

This offensive staff has been taken from an inexperienced, under qualified staff that rates like a 5, to a staff of actual proven coaches at their spot that rates more like a 7 or 8.

When you take the staff in totality, it’s hard to overstate how much more qualified a group of Lashlee, Likens, Justice are compared to a group of Enos, Barry, Stubblefield from a resume perspective.

Enos was a QB coach at the best program on the planet. Butch Barry was an assistant OL coach and no experience at the P5 level. Stubblefield was the WR coach of a triple option offense.

Lashlee was the OC of an excellent offense and has been an OC at P5 level. Justice has been an OC at G5 and played and coached same system. Likens was an OC at the P5 level and successful coached two excellent WR’s in back to back years.

Add the upgrades at analyst and Ed Reed just giving input around the program and everyone should agree improvements have been made.

Still have to win, but the program is positioning itself to compete at least.

I’ve been asking for a gray beard coach on this staff. To me, it’s critical that the staff have a few guys who have seen different situations and come out the other side.

Young is fun and trendy, but I’ve also learned there’s nothing better than being able to learn from someone who has been through it as well.

This offensive staff has been taken from an inexperienced, under qualified staff that rates like a 5, to a staff of actual proven coaches at their spot that rates more like a 7 or 8.

When you take the staff in totality, it’s hard to overstate how much more qualified a group of Lashlee, Likens, Justice are compared to a group of Enos, Barry, Stubblefield from a resume perspective.

Enos was a QB coach at the best program on the planet. Butch Barry was an assistant OL coach and no experience at the P5 level. Stubblefield was the WR coach of a triple option offense.

Lashlee was the OC of an excellent offense and has been an OC at P5 level. Justice has been an OC at G5 and played and coached same system. Likens was an OC at the P5 level and successful coached two excellent WR’s in back to back years.

Add the upgrades at analyst and Ed Reed just giving input around the program and everyone should agree improvements have been made.

Perfectly stated. I have To applaud manny for these moves he’s made

Advertisement
Because Arizona State's 2019 Offense was statistically worse than Miami's offense.

Go Canes

Yep, this guys a good WR coach and I really wanted an air raid offensive mind in the room this year. However, the minute we believe this offense righted the ship enough for Lashlee to be at the top of every Texas directional schools HC shortlist, the battle to stop the lazy torch passing to Likens / Justice begins.

I can see it now, 2021 opening week. Lashlee is the HC at Texas State, Baker at ULM, and we're facing Bama rolling out Likens/Justice and Patke/Banda with a rsFr QB.

Advertisement
Wonder what this means in regards to Hightower staying or going. Iirc he was waiting for the new receiver coach to be announced and had been reportedly interested in ASU last year.

I think it's enough of taking players back. For both sides really.

Good post. I was initially hoping for somebody with more recruiting juice for WR, but adding Hyppolite and Lockette to the offensive staff more than makes up for that. That is a really big deal.

It’s pretty clear that Lashlee wanted somebody well versed in the air raid pass game concepts he wants to run to help him install it, and he gets that in Likens. This is a major 180 seismic shift we are undergoing on offense, so it makes sense.

We will see what happens when the games start, but the overall upgrades in this organization are significant. Oh, and we got D’Eriq King to come play QB!

Yep, this guys a good WR coach and I really wanted an air raid offensive mind in the room this year. However, the minute we believe this offense righted the ship enough for Lashlee to be at the top of every Texas directional schools HC shortlist, the battle to stop the lazy torch passing to Likens / Justice begins.

I can see it now, 2021 opening week. Lashlee is the HC at Texas State, Baker at ULM, and we're facing Bama rolling out Likens/Justice and Patke/Banda with a rsFr QB.

I mean, how about waiting until 2020 season ends before bashing the HC on a hypothetical that may not occur?
If Lashlee is sought out for HC after 2020 then something good happened on our end.
Relax and live a little.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back