🚨 BREAKING NEWS - Rob Likens expected to be named WR coach 🚨

Because Arizona State's 2019 Offense was statistically worse than Miami's offense.

Go Canes
.... because as we are acutely aware here at UM, success at one level of coaching doesn’t always translate to success the next level up.

Advertisement
I’ve been asking for a gray beard coach on this staff. To me, it’s critical that the staff have a few guys who have seen different situations and come out the other side.

Young is fun and trendy, but I’ve also learned there’s nothing better than being able to learn from someone who has been through it as well.

This offensive staff has been taken from an inexperienced, under qualified staff that rates like a 5, to a staff of actual proven coaches at their spot that rates more like a 7 or 8.

When you take the staff in totality, it’s hard to overstate how much more qualified a group of Lashlee, Likens, Justice are compared to a group of Enos, Barry, Stubblefield from a resume perspective.

Enos was a QB coach at the best program on the planet. Butch Barry was an assistant OL coach and no experience at the P5 level. Stubblefield was the WR coach of a triple option offense.

Lashlee was the OC of an excellent offense and has been an OC at P5 level. Justice has been an OC at G5 and played and coached same system. Likens was an OC at the P5 level and successful coached two excellent WR’s in back to back years.

Add the upgrades at analyst and Ed Reed just giving input around the program and everyone should agree improvements have been made.

Still have to win, but the program is positioning itself to compete at least.

a prime example of this is Brady and Ensminger at LSU last year. Old and wise working with young and hungry

As long as Lashlee played a role in the hire, I’m good with it. If not, I don’t want prior experience to get in the way of the real OC doing his job. There is something to be said about too many cooks in the kitchen. Hopefully this guy will stick to his responsibility and not second guess Lashlee.
Connect the dots. I’m sure Likens reached out to Dykes to get the intro to Lashlee. Or Lashlee already knew him through Dykes.

Advertisement
Yep, this guys a good WR coach and I really wanted an air raid offensive mind in the room this year. However, the minute we believe this offense righted the ship enough for Lashlee to be at the top of every Texas directional schools HC shortlist, the battle to stop the lazy torch passing to Likens / Justice begins.

I can see it now, 2021 opening week. Lashlee is the HC at Texas State, Baker at ULM, and we're facing Bama rolling out Likens/Justice and Patke/Banda with a rsFr QB.
This dude wakes himself up in the middle of a *** dream because he doesn’t want to cheat on a girl he met yesterday.

Advertisement
I haven't interacted with him, but my coaching mentor has had a lot of interaction with him. Said he's a phenomenal coach, air raid guy, great hire by Miami.

Not gonna lie bruh, when you first posted great hire I thought you were being sarcastic lol. Good to hear though. As long as he helps us win some **** games.

Advertisement
Back