🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

King comes with baggage in the form of a very "involved" father. Reading through the Houston boards, he has very mixed reviews as a QB. Great accolades as an athlete and it seems that there was some discussion that he might transition to WR to prepare for the NFL. He and Dana Halgorsen did not see eye to eye and King was not a good fit in his offense. This seems to be what led him to decided to take the redshirt to preserve his eligibility. King didn't even discuss the redshirt with DH - he went directly to the AD...

Not sure this is what we need to add to the locker room , no matter how talented. Seems like a "me first" guy that is looking for the one year gig to see himself to the NFL.. Another Trevon Hill... only maybe not as good a fit. Just my opinion.

Are you serious. You have to go look at the film, this guy is perfect for this offense. He could change the direction of our program. I think you guys forget at some point we are going to need game changers, he is that. **** anything else, if he can ball bring him in and we will deal with the rest.

Advertisement
Lmao our fans are honestly on drugs bruh...

How TF can anybody see what happened last year with our QB's & be like, "Nah I don't want King, he doesn't throw nicely enough for me & his Dad is involved in his life.."

Lmao lmao lmao smh... WTF ARE YALL ON?!? I'm seriously convinced some of yall either have never seen him play or you're just delusional or something.

D'Eriq King would be the best QB we've had in a decade, it's a no ****** Brainer you bring him.
I'm blown away that people who just don't care very much about winning post on sports boards.

He threw for 2,982yds 36TD's & 6INT's at 63.5% passing with 674yds & 14TD's rushing.

He adds much needed Mobility & QB option to our run game in this offense & is a dynamic playmaker that has similar ability to Lamar Jackson, not as fast but equally as dangerous as a true dual threat QB being able to keep Defenses off balance.

He's basically a Jalen Hurts style QB & regardless of what you think about Hurts NFL capability is winning QB who once in a conducive offense threw for over 3,800 yards 32TD's at 69% passing & rushed for 1,298yds with 20TD's under Lincoln Riley.

The Coaches that are after him are Lane Kiffin/Jeff Lebby & Rhett Lashlee, those are 3 guys who are highly regarded offensive gurus in the business, they know exactly what they can do with a pure talent like King.

Idk how this is even up for debate, if Lashlee is actively trying to land King which he clearly is (I mean he followed him a week before he even announced he was in the Portal), I'm not sure what the trepidation is from fans?

Lashlee knows exactly what we have in the QB room & is legit trying to find a new QB, even reached out to Anthony Brown at BC, what does that tell you? Lol

Let's take the Orange & Green glasses off fellas, this is a no brainer you get this kid if you can.

Advertisement
Not the best passer, but I don't care. Dude put up 50 TD's in one season. Do all you can to get him here.

He threw for 2,982yds 36TD's & 6INT's at 63.5% passing with 674yds & 14TD's rushing.

He adds much needed Mobility & QB option to our run game in this offense & is a dynamic playmaker that has similar ability to Lamar Jackson, not as fast but equally as dangerous as a true dual threat QB being able to keep Defenses off balance.

He's basically a Jalen Hurts style QB & regardless of what you think about Hurts NFL capability is winning QB who once in a conducive offense threw for over 3,800 yards 32TD's at 69% passing & rushed for 1,298yds with 20TD's under Lincoln Riley.

The Coaches that are after him are Lane Kiffin/Jeff Lebby & Rhett Lashlee, those are 3 guys who are highly regarded offensive gurus in the business, they know exactly what they can do with a pure talent like King.

Idk how this is even up for debate, if Lashlee is actively trying to land King which he clearly is (I mean he followed him a week before he even announced he was in the Portal), I'm not sure what the trepidation is from fans?

Lashlee knows exactly what we have in the QB room & is legit trying to find a new QB, even reached out to Anthony Brown at BC, what does that tell you? Lol

Let's take the Orange & Green glasses off fellas, this is a no brainer you get this kid if you can.

Hopefully this is an Ashley sell and we can keep Manure away from messing this up as well. Gut tells me we ***** the pooch on this one if we even have a legit shot

Advertisement
Everyone wants the exciting, explosive offense that puts up a ton of yardage and scores a ton of points. This is the perfect kid to lead this offense. He'd give opposing DC's nightmares and open up things for our WRs and RBs alike. We haven't had a guy like this at QB ever. I'll drive from NYC to Miami and take the 3 stooges to the airport myself when their bags are packed.

This is an objective, logical argument that anybody with the capability for rational thought should agree with.

Sadly,...

Anthony brown is a no for me everyday of the week and would rather stick with what we have. But with king on the other hand I definitely would take him without question

Advertisement
A big part of me does not want him only because I want Manny Diaz to fail miserably.

I despise Manny more than I love Miami at this point.
No, this isn't the way to go.

The more games we lose the worse our program is on the recruiting trail. Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football.

Idgaf about Manny, he's just a corch in a long line of corches that will come & go...

The program is bigger than Manny, if we ever plan on being a good team again we have to constantly keep acquiring talent so that kids can see that we're only a good coach away from turning it around.

Manny will get fired all on his own due to his ineptitude as a coach, but in the meantime we need for Lashlee to put together the best offense he can so that in the event Manny still drops the ball we can keep Lash here & still have something to sell to recruits.

Great offense sells no matter what. It's why schools that have a losing record can still land good prospects because they can show kids that they're just a few players away from being contenders.

Anthony brown is a no for me everyday of the week and would rather stick with what we have. But with king on the other hand I definitely would take him without question
I don't like Brown either, but the point is Lash reached to both of them...

What that should tell you is Lashlee evaluated the current QB group & said "No ****** thanx".

Advertisement
50 TDs in 1 season. FIFTY!!!!!!

One of only 3 QBs in FBS HISTORY to throw 35 TDs and run for 13 in a season.

Broke Tim Tebow’s ALL-TIME récord with 15 straight games with a TD pass and a rushing TD.

You just watched Miami get shut out in a bowl game 3 weeks ago. I say this with 100% sincerity, if you don’t want D’Eriq King on this football team, I pray to god you’re sterile. It’s too late for you, but at least we won’t have to deal with any of your offspring.

The more games we lose the worse our program is on the recruiting trail. Recruiting is the lifeblood of college football.

Idgaf about Manny, he's just a corch in a long line of corches that will come & go...

The program is bigger than Manny, if we ever plan on being a good team again we have to constantly keep acquiring talent so that kids can see that we're only a good coach away from turning it around.

Manny will get fired all on his own due to his ineptitude as a coach, but in the meantime we need for Lashlee to put together the best offense he can so that in the event Manny still drops the ball we can keep Lash here & still have something to sell to recruits.

Great offense sells no matter what. It's why schools that have a losing record can still land good prospects because they can show kids that they're just a few players away from being contenders.

It’s not just that he’s a ****** coach that’s my problem. He’s also a complete ****bag of a person

This x a million, not sure why people don’t get this. I’m rooting for the canes to win regardless of who the coach is, period.

Advertisement
Back