🚨 BREAKING NEWS - KING PUBLICLY COMMITS 🚨 - The D'Eriq King Thread

Nice on the avatar! Perfect for you. So long Mel... Have a nice trip.

7D8B3D15-42CA-472F-8BD9-4791B6F24A22.gif

Advertisement
Gtfo. For what? Telling the truth? Everyone was obsessed with Martell last year and now they are obsessed with this guy. No one has seen any of our guys play in a system similar to the one King played in and vice versa.

I’ll chose the guy I know performed in a similar offense

Even Phil Hartman is better than franks
Phil Hartman's first wife was a good friend of mine. She grew up in Miami Beach and in California. She came back to Florida to finish high school at Miami Beach High. Then she ran track at Miami-Dade, than back to Malibu where she met Phil. Married and divorced, then toured as merchandise manager with Van Halen. Then back to Miami for most of the rest of her adult life.

The reason I mention her is she was an absolutely fanatic, and I mean fanatic Hurricane football fan. She went to every home game. Unfortunately cancer took her life about three years ago. And she was not the wife who shot Phil. That was his third wife, Bree, who was very troubled with drinking and drug problems.

Advertisement
Phil Hartman's first wife was a good friend of mine. She grew up in Miami Beach and in California. She came back to Florida to finish high school at Miami Beach High. Then she ran track at Miami-Dade, than back to Malibu where she met Phil. Married and divorced, then toured as merchandise manager with Van Halen. Then back to Miami for most of the rest of her adult life.

The reason I mention her is she was an absolutely fanatic, and I mean fanatic Hurricane football fan. She went to every home game. Unfortunately cancer took her life about three years ago. And she was not the wife who shot Phil. That was his third wife, Bree, who was very troubled with drinking and drug problems.
Miss Phil Hartman. Great talent.

Advertisement
King comes with baggage in the form of a very "involved" father. Reading through the Houston boards, he has very mixed reviews as a QB. Great accolades as an athlete and it seems that there was some discussion that he might transition to WR to prepare for the NFL. He and Dana Halgorsen did not see eye to eye and King was not a good fit in his offense. This seems to be what led him to decided to take the redshirt to preserve his eligibility. King didn't even discuss the redshirt with DH - he went directly to the AD...

Not sure this is what we need to add to the locker room , no matter how talented. Seems like a "me first" guy that is looking for the one year gig to see himself to the NFL.. Another Trevon Hill... only maybe not as good a fit. Just my opinion.

King comes with baggage in the form of a very "involved" father. Reading through the Houston boards, he has very mixed reviews as a QB. Great accolades as an athlete and it seems that there was some discussion that he might transition to WR to prepare for the NFL. He and Dana Halgorsen did not see eye to eye and King was not a good fit in his offense. This seems to be what led him to decided to take the redshirt to preserve his eligibility. King didn't even discuss the redshirt with DH - he went directly to the AD...

Not sure this is what we need to add to the locker room , no matter how talented. Seems like a "me first" guy that is looking for the one year gig to see himself to the NFL.. Another Trevon Hill... only maybe not as good a fit. Just my opinion.
**** all that **** you talking KING ME

I'm not bothered by a "me first" attitude if he puts in the effort to get there and doesn't bytch about playing time, etc. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Advertisement
Gtfo. For what? Telling the truth? Everyone was obsessed with Martell last year and now they are obsessed with this guy. No one has seen any of our guys play in a system similar to the one King played in and vice versa.

King scored 50 tds in 2018 in TEN games.

I like Tate and all but gimme a break.

Advertisement

Very good points. Think he’s definitely an athlete
(Which in College is ok) but the off the field stuff scares me. We have enough drama already lol

Advertisement
Back