🚨 BREAKING NEWS - DMONEY SAYS ALONZO IS COMING 🚨

There don't seem to be a lot of Polynesians living in the eastern and southern US, at least that's my impression. Maybe why we haven't had many. If we were on the west coast it would probably be easier to recruit them. We have never had more than a few west coast kids at one time.

We had ten Texans on the 2001 team. How many Californians?

I know at least 1 of the top of my head. Ken Dorsey

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes. Rocky.

Dwayne was called Rocky because of his father, they just eventually dropped the Y.
His original wrestling name was Rocky Maivia.

It was a combination of his father’s name and grandfather’s name.

He started calling himself “The Rock” in interviews and it eventually went from his nickname to his main name.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rock played but he was not a starter. Played behind Sapp and Riley. His mother is Samoan and his father is a mixed race but mostly Black Nova Scotian. So yes, he is biracial.

Who could not remember him? His father was a nationally-known wrestler and he was a well-known family of Samoan wrestlers.
I thought Sapp replaced him when hurt his knee?

He started calling himself “The Rock” in interviews and it eventually went from his nickname to his main name.

Fun fact Jim Ross came up with a lot of his gimmick, he told him to act like Deion Sanders. ****y , wear jewelry and talk in the third person when describing yourself.

Advertisement

Yes, Peter Maivia is his maternal grandfather.

peter-maivia-1.jpg

Fun fact Jim Ross came up with a lot of his gimmick, he told him to act like Deion Sanders. ****y , wear jewelry and talk in the third person when describing yourself.
Yep.

His “good boy” image wasn’t getting over. The fans were turning on him. So they made him a heel and let him go off in his promos.

Advertisement
Back