🚨🚨 ¡ MIKE RUMPH ! 🚨🚨

Advertisement
Banda's official title should be DB assistant coach.

Advertisement
Whoa! Check this out!

If I look in your closet, are all your shirts and pants arranged by color?

I still love ya, just curious.

I don't understand the disdain for Rumph. Is he an elite recruiter? No, but he's done a solid job recruiting CB's. It feels as if the majority of people who dislike Rumph are because he has whiffed on the biggest CB targets he's recruited.

In 2018 Miami signed three 4-star CB's: Al Blades, Gilbert Frierson, and DJ Ivey.
Missing on Asante, PS2, Campbell and Jobe was just bad. Can’t miss on all four of them.

In 2019 Miami signed two 4-star CB's: Christian Williams and Te'Cory Couch

In 2020 Miami signed 4-star CB Isaiah Dunson

Has Miami's CB recruiting been great? No, but it's definitely not been bad, not even close. In addition to Rumph being unfairly criticized as a "bad recruiter," he's also a very good coach, which everyone, even those who criticize him as a recruiter, seems to agree with. So what's the big deal? He's a very good coach, he's a Cane alum, and recruiting at the position has been fine. All in all, if you look at it objectively, it seems to me that not only is the criticism Rumph gets undeserved, but he's actually one of the better coaches overall on the staff, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
He's a superior coach and provides more value to the coaching staff than Blake Baker and Patke. On the defensive side of the ball Rumph, Banda, and Stroud all are very solid and capable coaches that provide value to the staff and program in multiple ways.

From my vantage point, Rumph has become the pinata for the fanbase to smack around whenever they want something to hit something. It's unnecessary and unfair when you look at the actual pros and cons of Rumph as a coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't understand the disdain for Rumph. Is he an elite recruiter? No, but he's done a solid job recruiting CB's. It feels as if the majority of people who dislike Rumph are because he has whiffed on the biggest CB targets he's recruited.

In 2018 Miami signed three 4-star CB's: Al Blades, Gilbert Frierson, and DJ Ivey.

In 2019 Miami signed two 4-star CB's: Christian Williams and Te'Cory Couch

In 2020 Miami signed 4-star CB Isaiah Dunson

Has Miami's CB recruiting been great? No, but it's definitely not been bad, not even close. In addition to Rumph being unfairly criticized as a "bad recruiter," he's also a very good coach, which everyone, even those who criticize him as a recruiter, seems to agree with. So what's the big deal? He's a very good coach, he's a Cane alum, and recruiting at the position has been fine. All in all, if you look at it objectively, it seems to me that not only is the criticism Rumph gets undeserved, but he's actually one of the better coaches overall on the staff, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
He's a superior coach and provides more value to the coaching staff than Blake Baker and Patke. On the defensive side of the ball Rumph, Banda, and Stroud all are very solid and capable coaches that provide value to the staff and program in multiple ways.

From my vantage point, Rumph has become the pinata for the fanbase to smack around whenever they want something to hit something. It's unnecessary and unfair when you look at the actual pros and cons of Rumph as a coach.
Everything above is 100% accurate, well done sir.

Someone who really should catch more flak is Blake Baker, Manny had to step in to the right the ship on defense last season and who exactly has he recruited? I understand DCs don’t spend as much time recruiting, but it’s a tough look when the guy who previously had your job is now your boss and still does way more recruiting I don’t get it.

Advertisement
Back