🚨🚨 ¡ MIKE RUMPH ! 🚨🚨

Advertisement
Well he hasn’t out recruited Manny bc Manny is the HC so all of these Ws go on his board. He’s absolutely out recruited Patke though. If I was going to make a change on our staff, that’s where I’d start.

Personally that’s the move I’d like to see. Leave Rumph alone and replace Patke. I would like to see some combination of adding Devin Bush Sr to staff, either replacing Patke or promoting DVD/Telly and having him replace one of them on off-field staff. Also, I would keep Baker on double secret probation and eventually make a change there before Rumph.

Gets his own thread!

You can discuss the 49er great to your heart’s content!

Love him!

Hate him!

Don't care about him!

You can discuss him here!

And maybe even only here!

So have fun!

Just keep it in here!

1595959090370.jpeg

Whoa! Check this out!

Advertisement
Whoa! Check this out!

Make one for Patke too.

Advertisement
I don't understand the disdain for Rumph. Is he an elite recruiter? No, but he's done a solid job recruiting CB's. It feels as if the majority of people who dislike Rumph are because he has whiffed on the biggest CB targets he's recruited.

In 2018 Miami signed three 4-star CB's: Al Blades, Gilbert Frierson, and DJ Ivey.

In 2019 Miami signed two 4-star CB's: Christian Williams and Te'Cory Couch

In 2020 Miami signed 4-star CB Isaiah Dunson

Has Miami's CB recruiting been great? No, but it's definitely not been bad, not even close. In addition to Rumph being unfairly criticized as a "bad recruiter," he's also a very good coach, which everyone, even those who criticize him as a recruiter, seems to agree with. So what's the big deal? He's a very good coach, he's a Cane alum, and recruiting at the position has been fine. All in all, if you look at it objectively, it seems to me that not only is the criticism Rumph gets undeserved, but he's actually one of the better coaches overall on the staff, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
He's a superior coach and provides more value to the coaching staff than Blake Baker and Patke. On the defensive side of the ball Rumph, Banda, and Stroud all are very solid and capable coaches that provide value to the staff and program in multiple ways.

From my vantage point, Rumph has become the pinata for the fanbase to smack around whenever they want something to hit something. It's unnecessary and unfair when you look at the actual pros and cons of Rumph as a coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
so you dont give banda any credit for the safeties then? none of us likely know how much banda/rumph coach the Safeties (whether its a rumph duty or a banda duty and not by title)

I'm not saying Banda gets zero credit. But that dipsh!te was giving Rumph zero credit for safeties.

There is overlap. I've never said their isn't. But, again, the safeties are NOT picking UM for Banda's history of developing safeties. And the safeties who get drafted have definitely been developed and coached, in a significant way, by Rumph.

That's just the truth. People trying to look at job titles and then "give credit" or "give zero credit" on that basis are being ridiculous. Most defensive staffs have 1 DBs coach, so to act as if Rumph is only allowed to talk/work with CBs and not safeties is insane.

Advertisement
Back