“The Catch”. Restrepo highlight catch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Looks like the nose of the ball hit the ground

27bvn8.jpg

Advertisement
Boom 💥 Cam got some guns 💪 too, I have a feeling our offense is going to look a little like old this year, X monster ♥️, effort, grit, kid is the heart of this team. When he’s gone, we’re going to realize what we had. For now, enjoy watching him.
Can someone explain why many folks dissed X a year ago? I never understood that. The guy gives 200% on every play, including when he blocks.

I believe the X hate came more from association with TVD.

The guy has been my favorite player on the team for a couple of years now. He gives it his all every play. ****, he was making Gattis's offense look decent before he got hurt the week of the Texas A&M game a couple of years ago. Hoping he stays healthy this year. The young man deserves all the best especially with his effort.

Advertisement
Restrepo IS ELITE in every way PERIOD

When you train like no other you will be like no other.

X cannot be covered his training refuses it to happen.

That kid is an All American WR and possibly a 1st round pick.

He knows no one in CFB covering him has trained harder them him NO ONE.

Advertisement
Can someone explain why many folks dissed X a year ago? I never understood that. The guy gives 200% on every play, including when he blocks.
I think the hate does get blown up a bit. Were there people hating on him? YES but I think the people commenting about the people hating on him and making fun of those people farrrrrr exceed the amount of people hating on him.

As to your question from what I recall it was a mixture of "guy behind him is better and more explosive and he is slowing a better player with a higher ceilings development" coupled with "he is TVD's best friend so the only reason he puts up numbers is because TVD forces him the ball even when triple covered" then sprinkle in some "because TVD locks on to X and teams know this he is actually hurting the team because if he is not on the field TVD spreads the ball more and becomes less predictable"

All ill-advised IMO but I dont think anyone was hating on him as it relates to work ethic, effort, and pride for the U.

Advertisement
Restrepo IS ELITE in every way PERIOD

When you train like no other you will be like no other.

X cannot be covered his training refuses it to happen.

That kid is an All American WR and possibly a 1st round pick.

He knows no one in CFB covering him has trained harder them him NO ONE.
Actually, he can be covered. But he makes the catches anyway. Huge catch radius for such a smallish guy.

Whatever happens when his career at The U is done, X will always get a hat tip from me. He came in under the radar and simply BUSTED HIS A$S for his entire time here. He embodies everything we want from a work ethic/mental toughness standpoint. I hope he has an awesome season and loads of success on Sundays. That video was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back