“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

I have made a **** ton of return on my investments since that man became president. MAGA has been very good to me so far. And the sorry state of our football program makes me appreciate that he tried to land us the pirate

Advertisement
Bottom line is there just is not any evidence to suggest that players from Miami would care more about who Leach supported vs LA. Does this mean that someone with influence on recruits would not care, of course not, but it has not happened and is not an issue for Leach.
And once again you conveniently ignore that group isn't monolithic. There is no Little Haiti in LA. Chump didn't call LA inner city folks Sh1thole people. The perception of Trump and his adamant supporters like Leach might be quite different in LA, vs Liberty City, Little Haiti and other S Fl communities. How many S Fl players/schools/communities does he recruit?

Now you cleared up the word "con" and you now claim that Leach is a Confederate. You then compare him to the Charlottesville protesters. The problem with this is you are generalizing everyone that voted for Trump into a Confederate. This is actually really bad because racist such as the KKK do the same thing. You see, you are no different than those in Charlottesville, you both generalize a large group of people based on what a small part of that group has done.
Don't take my word, how about the former leader of the KKK explaining why he's a Con and that their positions are exactly aligned, its just presented either directly by one or hidden by whistles by the other, same message.

I'm nothing like the Confederates. I find myself aligned with those that look like the rest of country, aka the non-Confederates.

Do you have evidence that Leach supported Trump because he has a dislike for African Americans?

Oxymoron.
I didn't start this racists video thread and its your forum, so I'll bow out now.

I love all this Leach couldn’t walk into a sofla home blah blah blah. I don’t see SEC teams struggling to recruit down here. Tell me again which SEC coach really “connects” with theses kids. Tell me more about these amazing relationships guys like Urban or Savanna have. How they are regularly going into these communities and creating relationships. No they show a track record to the league and show them the money. That’s about it.

If he came and won, and consistently put 30-50 points on the board kids would absolutely overlook any of the other BS surrounding him and want to play for him. It’s all about best path to the league. Why else does a kid go to Alabaga?

The only caveat I'd put on the context of this entire thread is that the Ol' Pirate was desperate for ANY job at the time he made these comments to John Barron. He'd probably have said the same thing to any "in" he thought he had at a California or another Texas school too.

Not that I disagree with the validity of what he told John Miller and David Dennison about us though. Anything less than a 10 win season here should be a cot**** fluke and not the cot**** norm.

Yeah but my man @PinellasCane talked to him last year. We want to believe...

Lol I know pathetic but so is the state of our program

Advertisement
Leach would walk into a home and tell the kid that he is a coward and a disgrace to his city if he doesn't commit to the U.
LMAO too funny, and yea he prolly would, in shorts flip flops and a Thomas magnum shirt

Advertisement
And once again you conveniently ignore that group isn't monolithic. There is no Little Haiti in LA. Chump didn't call LA inner city folks Sh1thole people. The perception of Trump and his adamant supporters like Leach might be quite different in LA, vs Liberty City, Little Haiti and other S Fl communities. How many S Fl players/schools/communities does he recruit?

Trump wouldn’t be recruiting in South Florida, Leach would. And really, his assistants would. They’re the ones who do most of the recruiting.

College football is a business. Kids are still going to Ohio State even though Urban Meyer covered up spousal abuse. Kids still flocked to Penn State after the Sandusky ****. Brian Kelly sent a kid to his death.

These kids want to ball out and go pro.

Most of these kids couldn’t care less about politics.

There are reasons to be concerned about Leach, but Little Haiti (it’s not like our entire recruiting base comes from there) shouldn’t be high on the list.

Problem with Leach is his personality would turn a lot of South Florida families off. We also play to South Florida athleticism and have Manny recruiting (whom I'm sure is a decent recruiter) on defense, and we still miss out on a lot of blue chip prospects. This is also ignoring that although Leach's a great offensive mind, his teams constantly lose to FCS schools (losing to Portland St. multiple times).

Losing turns all of South Florida kids and parents off. Just watch what this mess does to our recruiting. He'd load up on 3 and 4 star players and win with them. Period. How much does WS spend on D coaches? I'm sure not as much as Miami could. Also could have had Leach for peanuts compared to Richt.

Don't take my word, how about the former leader of the KKK explaining why he's a Con and that their positions are exactly aligned, its just presented either directly by one or hidden by whistles by the other, same message.

I'm nothing like the Confederates. I find myself aligned with those that look like the rest of country, aka the non-Confederates.

Oxymoron.
I didn't start this racists video thread and its your forum, so I'll bow out now.

Shut the **** up you racist *******!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Leach begged for the UM job. I wanted him then and still do. He would put up PlayStation numbers with this same roster.

It is a Red Herring, but certain ilk likes to put those groups into single containers. Leach being able to recruit LA says zero about him being able to recruit south FL. There is no "Little Haiti" in LA. There is in S FL. That is where Leach or any UM coach must excel.
Butch didn't make Miami great by locking down "poor neighborhoods" in LA.

"Con" is short for Confederate aka the Confederacy, which is what the 2018 90% white GOP in 2018 65% white Union of American States, aka USA is, despite the name branding. The "good people" side at Charlottesville and other Confederacy vs Union sites.
They refer to folks in Little Haiti as "sh1thole" invaders. In case you missed the video, that's Mike Leach stumping for those folks.
I have no idea how that will affect his recruiting of S Fla, any more than you do. I certainly feel it has the potential to have an effect, just like it might with Vilma on the BOT, whereas you don't.
tenor (1).gif

Advertisement
Back