“If I went to that program I would never lose a game. They get the best athletes.” - Mike Leach

Advertisement
I am a Leach fan through and through. I know the reasoning some of you who disagree give, but I don't care. If he can win with 1 and 2 star Washington State athletes, he'd kill it with 3 and 4 star Florida athletes. Accompany his offensive mind with an aggressive 4-3 defense, and watch those south florida kids Leach 'could never relate to' buy into him and the program.

So what's wrong with a guy who runs that type of offense but doesn't make 60% of the people he comes in contact with hate him? And before you say "who cares", the answer is recruits and their families, donors, fans, the BOT. He's not the only one who could fix the offense so how about choosing somebody who can fix the offense and do the rest of the job?

So you really don't think that a HC's personality doesn't matter at all? You don't think the HC has to get involved on some of those 4 and 5 star recruits every cycle.
Of course it matters but I think having assistant coaches that recruit well is more important.... And I think Leach can close the deal

Advertisement
LMAO... The parents and families of South Florida don't give a rats *** about sending their children to play football in red states.
If they cared, Bama wouldn't get any South Florida recruits. Leach would be a serious upgrade for Miami.

So what's wrong with a guy who runs that type of offense but doesn't make 60% of the people he comes in contact with hate him? And before you say "who cares", the answer is recruits and their families, donors, fans, the BOT. He's not the only one who could fix the offense so how about choosing somebody who can fix the offense and do the rest of the job?
Give some clear examples that suggest Leach is responsible for in-home visits gone south, responsible for universities receiving less donations, responsible for half the fans hating him, or responsible for disapproval among any BOT's. And I'm not talking about the conspiracy at TTU.

I will always go back to her speech after the FIU fight. She said, that was "the old Miami and this is the new Miami." Al Golden is exactly what she wanted. Shirt and tie, disciple of JoePa (before Sandusky).

Advertisement
My point is that a UM coach better be a good fit for S FL. Don't see a MAGA Confederate doing so.
Suit and tie AL clearly was a good fit for 'S FL' from day one, huh? Pastor Richt is a good fit for 'S FL', right?

What coach would consider themselves a good fit for Miami with a Super-fan base that harasses players on social media, yet won't go to games?

Advertisement
Suit and tie AL clearly was a good fit for 'S FL' from day one, huh? Pastor Richt is a good fit for 'S FL', right?

What coach would consider themselves a good fit for Miami with a Super-fan base that harasses players on social media, yet won't go to games?

A winning coach is a fit for south Florida. Some of yall think that Jimmy was cruising around in a donk listening to NWA. His name is ******* Jimmy...

We don't pay as well. Yes, there are many who will sell their soul for an ounce of gold.
Let's just say I would have some concerns about a MAGA Confederate fanboy sitting in some Little Haiti home talking to sh1thole invader parents, trying to get their kid here. No bags to offer.
Who knows, maybe Leach would be a hit here. I have some doubts.

That "MAGA Confederate fanboy" has AA players on his roster from those Confederate strongholds like Los Angeles, Seattle and suburbs surrounding San Francisco Bay area and he spends his off-season in Key West, another Confederate stronghold....lol at this nonsesne.

Advertisement
The guy is close with the Muslim community in Los Angeles, but people on here claiming (falsely) that he’s MAGA and wouldn’t be welcome in Liberty City.

F*cking Dumb

The "selfie" generation is all about highlight reels, popularity, and attention. Playing in a high flying offense will get them noticed. The other thing Leach can sell is they wont be robots at Miami. How many players at Bama are self promoting and tweeting every day?

To put it in 18th century nautical history terms, Saban is like the British Royal Navy, discipline is the order of the day, along with whipping and sodomy. Leach is Edward "Blackbeard" Teach. After a night of raiding opponents, Leach (Teach/Leach- whoa the similarities after chilling) will let his merry crew retire to a night of partying and wenches. S Fl athletes would love him.

A winning coach is a fit for south Florida. Some of yall think that Jimmy was cruising around in a donk listening to NWA. His name is ******* Jimmy...
Exactly. What exactly makes S FLA socially and culturally different from the rest of the country that requires the coach to be a 'good fit' outside of WINNING?

Like Leach but think there is very little chance he ever gets hired here. He has been more than qualified 3 times and didn’t make it to the final cut any time. Don’t think the powers that be would go for him.

Advertisement
Back