“I’ll still take 2001 Miami”

Sleep on Dorsey all ya want...Not a QB in CFB out there, that studied Gamefilm like him...And F all the "But he almost blew the BC game in 01" Faqquits.....Kenny Shut EVERYONES mouth at Greentree in 99/2000 when he eviscerated Defenses in practices that fielded 1st Ballot HOFers....and Btw...those practices made UM actual games feel like a day at the beach...any doubters can hit @dsddcane up and ask him if what I just stated isn't 100% fact...

Anecdotal evidence doesn't matter in this discussion bro. I know you're trying to hype up Dorsey because of how much you want to hold on to the past, but there's really no comparison between Burrow & Dorsey if you're being objective.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hilarious how some of you are so easily impressed with the newest shiny object. '01 Miami had a better OL than any that LSU faced this year. McKinnie was a once in a generation LT in college man. RB tandem of CP and McGahee. The XFactor in Shockey and Andre Johnson on the outside who would have eaten Stingley for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.

Now to defense. You had a DL that went 8 deep with grown men. Burrow would have been running for his life. This in tandem with one of the best college secondaries with probably the GOAT DB in Ed Reed.

Miami by 2 TDs modern offense or not.

Can't believe so many pundits I find credible think 19 LSU is the greatest team ever. Definately in the conversation for greatest offense but not team. Props for them for beating so many top 25 teams.

If we are playing with 2001 rules, forget about it. We win easily because the LSU offense has never been hit that hard before.

If we play with today's rules it might be a lot closer because we would get a bunch of targeting calls but we would still win.

Advertisement
Didn't we just slip by BC in 01? How is strength of schedule not a part of the thought process? We basically played cupcakes all year with a few string teams (PSU finished 5-6, VT, FSU, UF). The game has changed and this is comparing apples to oranges. There's that meme with all the draft picks that were on that team but I think Bama has some teams with similar numbers there.

Also Dorsey did not have the arm to run what LSU ran. Yes you can find a highlight or two of a reasonable deep pass but he could not do that consistently. Most deep passes he threw were underthrowm ducks.

If the 01 Canes ran a modern offense, I don't know if it would be close. But if you brought that scheme from 2001 into the game against this LSU team, I would take LSU by a touchdown.

Sorry but LSU would have a very hard time stopping Andre and Shockey. They could load the box al, they want but There isn't a player on LSU that could stop these two. Oh and Reed would have made Burrow have nightmares.

Advertisement
Our special teams were way better too.

Better returners. Better Coverage. Better Kicker and Punter.

(Remember there are three phases to the game.)

Last edited:
The coaching difference is vast.

2001 Canes didn’t really beat anyone all year and got somewhat lucky with an easy schedule. Even the Nebraska team we beat in the Rose Bowl had lost the week previous to Colorado.

The same team in 2002 was exposed against Ohio State. Pass interference or no, we got handled in that game.

The fact that you actually think it was the same team shows you don't know UM football.

Ed and Shockey make a gigantic difference if they played in that OSU game.

If we are playing with 2001 rules, forget about it. We win easily because the LSU offense has never been hit that hard before.

If we play with today's rules it might be a lot closer because we would get a bunch of targeting calls but we would still win.
A bunch of targeting calls is a bunch of ejections.

Advertisement
Everyone is so enamored with LSU offense they’re not mentioning a good, but not great defense and completely failed mention special teams.

LSU strength on offense was Miami’s strength on D. Our secondary was unbelievably great. Three All Americans in the front 7 as well. Clemson safety dropped a pick 6. Reed does that in his sleep. Special teams were dominant. Everything was.

If y’all actually think LSU could just try to go vertical on us and the same thing would happen with Clemson or Bama DB’s (which weren’t what they normally are this year) throw your fan card away. As someone else alluded to unless Dorsey had a bad game we win that game every time.

Last year Clemson “might be the greatest”. Folks just like the shiny new toy. Speaking of, I think Clemson last year vs this LSU team would be a field goal game either way.

Advertisement
Didn't we just slip by BC in 01? How is strength of schedule not a part of the thought process? We basically played cupcakes all year with a few string teams (PSU finished 5-6, VT, FSU, UF). The game has changed and this is comparing apples to oranges. There's that meme with all the draft picks that were on that team but I think Bama has some teams with similar numbers there.

Also Dorsey did not have the arm to run what LSU ran. Yes you can find a highlight or two of a reasonable deep pass but he could not do that consistently. Most deep passes he threw were underthrowm ducks.
They might of threw Vilma out for those two hits in the championship game

The only way LSU would win a game against the 01 canes because 90% of the canes defense would be ejected because of the targeting rule.

That 01 team would own LSU. You think Chase is getting behind guys like Buch, Rumph, Rolle? Lol

AJ Terrell was responsible for 3 lsu touchdowns and about 2 game changing plays. There other Corner Kendrick was lit up as well.

Guys like Buch, Rumph, Fitzgerald, Rolle would keep those WRs in check. Even in the run game those guys got off blocks and made plays. Add in Reed, Lewis, ST. They ain’t throwing no 500 yards.

That’s just the secondary. I could go on and on, but No1 is beating the 01 Canes.

Advertisement
Back