“I’ll still take 2001 Miami”

Portis...Jones...Dre & Reed
82013005_1114223082263785_1752633418849452032_n.jpg

Advertisement
Stats dont always tell the entire story. I wont say kenny is better than burrow but I certainly wont say burrow is better than him. Systems are the main cause in stat lines. If stats are the only arguement than tommy Chung and the other dude from june jones Hawaii programs and several texas tech dudes under leach would be the best ever. Kenny did EVERY SINGLE THING asked of him and was bar none one of the best leaders I ever met. All of that while we were in large part a running team. As we should've been. Any team that fields several hall of famers at the same position should feature them. That and the um bias is the ONLY reason kenny didntbwin 2 heismans.

I agree with you, i'm not the biggest proponent of stats either, and in many instances they are more or less hollow. In this case though I think they show which QB was more directly responsible for their team's success. I think Kenny's greatest strengths were his poise, leadership. and propensity to make plays in the clutch. This past yr Burrow showed all of those things, in addition to being a prolific passer. If LSU played the 01' Canes don't you think it would be a shootout? I say this not because of personnel matchups but because of the potential chess match between Joe Brady v. Randy Shannon.

Last edited:
2001 Canes scored over 60 points on a ranked Washington team that was very good (even with an "old school" offense). We had a talent advantage over LSU at every position except QB. At RB, our advantage was huge.

The only way LSU would win is if Dorsey had a bad day (like against BC).

Give LSU props for a very strong season (beating so many ranked opponents) but in terms of overall talent, the 2001 Canes will never be matched and they would win 9 out of every 10 games played (with the only losses being if Dorsey had a bad day). It has nothing to do with his arm strength (his arm was strong enough to play in the NFL). He did however have some rare off days (just like Trevor Lawrence did last night).

2001 Canes is the greatest team of all time.
Educate yourself.

The 2001 CANES beat SIX Top 25 teams by an average score of 42-13.
They beat the #11 and 15 teams by a combined 125-7! Yes, they had a couple close ones with lesser teams, but so did the Dolphins during their champioship years.

Advertisement
I agree with you, i'm not the biggest proponent of stats either, and in many instances they are more or less hollow. In this case though I think they show which QB was more directly responsible for their team's success. I think Kenny's greatest strengths were his poise, leadership. and propensity to make plays in the clutch. This past yr Burrow showed all of those things, in addition to being a prolific passer. If LSU played the 01' Canes don't you think it would be a shootout? I say this not because of personnel matchups but because of the potential chess match between Joe Brady v. Randy Shannon.
No. Honestly I dont even feel it's close. Bias aside lsu is dependent on the passing game to open everything up. I'll take our front seven all day against anyone and once our pash rush gets home **** make plenty of mistakes. From how good our backers were in coverage to our two deep in the secondary their passing game would struggle for real on us. Other side of the coin they couldnt cover all of our weapons or even close. Dont forget special teams either. People take for granted just how stacked our squads were at the time. And football is all about opportunities and match ups. We have plenty of ways to expose them. It's not about our game against bc or their games against auburn,texas or anyone else. Its exploiting match ups.

The end season 2000 & 2001 teams would beat LSU.

LSU 2019 = FSU 2000. Spread. We picked off Chris Weinke 3x(?) in 2000? Clemson’s secondary is nowhere near the level of the group we had with Ed, Blades, MDogg, PB, and Rumph in 2000. Not close. Not to mention Dan Morgan and our front 4.

****... there’s another team that would whip LSU’s ***....

1683B22C-AB47-4731-A009-DA1B931A6D54.png

The end season 2000 & 2001 teams would beat LSU.

LSU 2019 = FSU 2000. Spread. We picked off Chris Weinke 3x(?) in 2000? Clemson’s secondary is nowhere near the level of the group we had with Ed, Blades, MDogg, PB, and Rumph in 2000. Not close. Not to mention Dan Morgan and our front 4.

****... there’s another team that would whip LSU’s ***....

View attachment 108771

I don't think people realize how good this team was.

Advertisement
Stats dont always tell the entire story. I wont say kenny is better than burrow but I certainly wont say burrow is better than him. Systems are the main cause in stat lines. If stats are the only arguement than tommy Chung and the other dude from june jones Hawaii programs and several texas tech dudes under leach would be the best ever. Kenny did EVERY SINGLE THING asked of him and was bar none one of the best leaders I ever met. All of that while we were in large part a running team. As we should've been. Any team that fields several hall of famers at the same position should feature them. That and the um bias is the ONLY reason kenny didntbwin 2 heismans.

Seriously? Brad Kaaya was a better Miami QB than Ken Dorsey. Dorsey’s per pass stats weren’t that spectacular- it’s not just his yardage per game that wasn’t. Dorsey would be a weakness in a Miami-LSU matchup. (Although I still think the Canes probably win in spite of him.)

Auburn had 2019 LSU on the ropes.

2001 Miami beats 2019 Auburn 65-0.

LSU was up 23-13, Auburn got a TD with less than 3 minutes left to make it 23-20, and then LSU recovered the onside kick and ran out the clock.

Is that seriously holding LSU on the ropes?

Advertisement

Timmy Chang!!!!
artchang1.jpg

Bias aside, the 01 Canes D line against LSU's O line would have looked exactly like Clemson's did on the first couple of drives, but for the whole game.

Advertisement
Seriously? Brad Kaaya was a better Miami QB than Ken Dorsey. Dorsey’s per pass stats weren’t that spectacular- it’s not just his yardage per game that wasn’t. Dorsey would be a weakness in a Miami-LSU matchup. (Although I still think the Canes probably win in spite of him.)
U r entitled to your opinion.

Something screams overrated about a player when people cite his supposed leadership and intangible skills, but can never really cite his stats. (While hes surrounded by all time talent lol.)

Anyway, the NFL picked him in the seventh round. I guess they didn’t think much of his leadership skills. Unless that’s what prevented him from being undrafted.

Somehow I trust the judgement of NFL GMs about a player more than I trust CIS posters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back