“Gattis sucks!”

Trying to stretch the field with whom exactly? let me hear this. Their is 1 wr with sub 4.5 speed on this roster man.

Well they were playing 2 high safety alot either way...TX AM safeties arent good in coverage...they play them kinda deep...ask @SouthParkCane whats their weakness.

Thes wrs been dropping balls from the spring...If im TVD my lack of confidence is in them...which likely leads to some lack for himself.

These wr route concepts are pretty much based for one primary target anyway...The **** 4th down play if it didnt go to Brashard ...where was it going?.

Ive honestly seen enough of TVD to know he is a good player...I havent seen any wr on this roster make a play to give them a benefit of the doubt..other than Xavier Restrepo.

I dont know what to say @Brooklyndee while i was at the game last week i had my concerns with this O. Southern Miss dc had a beat on it...This offense will win with paper cuts...it aint stretching the field.
So in order to stretch the field we need recievers who run sub 4.5? I don't know their times but we tried to stretch the field multiple times between smith,George,orroyo,Parrish etc. Van dyke couldn't connect. That's not on gattis to throw the ball & catch it. But don't act like we're not attempting to call them. As of last week or the week prior you'd be absolutely right. But this week we came out aggressive as the game plan called for and we laid down & let them do what they want. & Since you mentioned the fourth down play, you're again putting all blame on gattis with the route tree. Watch that play again and see how he was locked onto brashard off rip, while if he simply looks the safety off you have a reciever running a wide open post that converts for a big play... Would that have been a good enough option? Regardless the point in a 4th down play call is to run a play that has a high probability of conversion. That was an easy conversion if breshard simply does his job. Not sure how any of that is on gattis. But y'all gonna believe what you want & I'm not gonna try and change no one's opinion. You brother, know enough about the game that an open mind would go a long way.

Advertisement
we were after receivers AFTER the spring and they realized these dudes werent it...They were late? BEFORE the spring i wanted 2 portal wrs because i know the guys we have now are complimentary pieces at their juncture.
We were after several recievers before spring as well. But we did make it more of a priority afterwards. We were after three monsters before spring. Once he learned how much of a necessity it was we took whatever we could get.

I’m as mopiest as it comes regarding coaching but I had no issues with gattis tonight outside of some of the red zone play calls. Saw a lot of positives and I think the future is bright for the offense when we get some playmakers in here
Way too many plays that were worthless even when executed. 5 yard gains on 3rd and 10 are a waste

Advertisement
You’re right about a lot, but you failed to address the conservative red zone play calls, running it with Tvd in the red zone, and I think zero throws into the endzone. Gattis ****ting the bed in the red zone and Tvd/receivers sucking tonight are not mutually exclusive
If your guys can’t execute, what does it matter the plays you call?

red shawshank.gif

Advertisement
We have to come to realize not everything is coaches fault, I recommend some pine time for immature players to be pulled from there units in practice and games so they can watch that at this level everything is FLEETING and not for long if you don’t embrace challenges and you choose to be weak immature.

Play calling wasn't the biggest issue, we may have the worst WRs in the country beside X and our special teams looks terrible, Stevenson will win the most ****ed up decision of the season award and Borregales isn't in the same league as his brother, he's looking more like Baxter every game. We lost to a very bad A&M team, no moral victory here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
During the game when you’re emotional it’s very easy to blame the OC when points aren’t being scored. No one calls a perfect game but this was 80%+ on the personnel.

There were so many missed opportunities last night regarding QB and WR play that it’s futile to list them all.

My biggest criticism of the offense is the spacing, other than that Gattis can’t throw and catch the ball himself.

Advertisement
I dont hate Gattis, I just think he’s not doing his offense any favors with his route concepts. He could make things more tailored to TVD than what he's doing. He called a great run game (abandoned it too early at times) and he has a few nice plays here and there. That said you can see TVD going nuts sitting back there waiting and waiting for these slow developing plays. No rhythm. There was a ton of long outside throws today but I saw nothing challenging the deep middle.….very little over the middle in general. Late in the game we could have challenged A&Ms tired CBs deep but we didn’t. They tried running TVD. Ok but then run play action off the pistol with a boot so he has the run/pass option. I hate to compliment fsu but they do some nice games with TEs blocking then leaking out. We shoot mallory out on 1-2 yard flat route where everyone in the stadium can see it coming, or run Redding on 2 yard drag routes when we know he can't get the sticks even if he catches it. It's not JUST the playcalls, it's the playcalls with the guys you have on the field at that time......same with WRs who can't block trying to block those bubbles and failing miserably.

This is college football, not the nfl. Average WRs with average QBs put up a **** ton of pass yards every week and this team is making it look difficult. I don’t know why. Our WRs are not great but they are not void of talent. Everyone wanted Brinson. Brashard was in demand too. George flashes at times. Key has speed. Skinner can play flex.....so can Mallory and he runs good seam routes. We jumped in the portal and couldn't get any wideouts to come here with a QB who was supposedly NFL bound after this year. Why is that? Was it the Mario factor? Was is Gattis and the fear of that Michigan offense? Was it both? Nothing last night is going to make WRs change their mind and flock here.

Most of y’all don’t see the subtle differences scheme makes in the run game. It’s a million times better than lashee richt Enos. This will pay dividends when we actually have a legit threat on the outside. Most average fans just see the ooo and ahhh plays.

The passing game will be fine long term. gattis definitely understands the same weaknesses we do about it talent wise and has to work overtime to scheme around it.

This feels more like “let him recruit his guys to make it work” than it does “this is trash no matter who we have”
App state scored twice as many points and against their 1st string D….you saying we have an OC that can only produce if we have nfl players on every position ?

Advertisement
Back