“Gattis sucks!”

You want to know what sucks?

Watching Romello Brinson miss 349 blocks and then I have you dweebs complaining about playing him more as if there was another 0 on the field.

You know what sucks? The fact that y’all clamored for all these dudes that couldn’t catch Covid in the middle of Wuhan then have to read mindless drivel about getting the same guys dropping football “into space” like you’re in some other universe where they’re making plays.

Where on god‘s earth do you watch this game and come away thinking Gattis is the issue? He’s got WRs who couldn’t separate loose leaf paper and also can’t block. A QB that couldn‘t hit water if he fell out of a boat and a TE that can‘t even un**** himself.

What voodoo did you want him to pull out tonight? We couldn’t even complete a simple ******* screen tonight with somebody missing a block or dropping a ball but you wanted to go uptempo and some basic routes? What routes? They couldn’t even separate on crossing patterns.

All I saw was the hometown heroes y’all continuely swear by commit ****up after ****up after ****up. How about start actually start holding players accountable for once? Maybe if we left tropical park like we did back in the 80’s and 90’s we‘ll actually find guys that can catch the football.
I think the best part about this post is that ****up is not currently censored.

Advertisement
You can second guess the redzone playcalling but here’s my take

1) we were excellent running the ball leading up to the red zone.

2) TVD was struggling

3) we don’t have a legit redzone target.
Arroyo not a redzone target? Mallory? At least try them out and see. Nope. 3 straight runs including designed TVD run. Lmao

Gattis sucked in the red zone but our entire offense sucked in the 80 yards leading up to it. Our receivers (including RBs) need to put in the work. They let down TVD and the Defense.
Our wide receiver are not very good. I knew we had deficiencies at WR but it’s worse than I thought. But TVD needs to take some of the blame too, he did not look good and hasn’t looked good the last two games IMO. The OL is playing better, giving him more time but he’s missing a lot of throws.

Advertisement
Who recruited the WRs who can’t catch?
It’s been a problem for a long time. ****, we just ran two guys off (Pope and Wiggins) because they couldn’t catch a cold and here we are no better off. I know we shouldn’t be surprised since we were hearing of this issues in the spring and summer practices, but no one besides Restrepo has improved. Crazy.

I don’t need a mismatch to realize running it with tvd from the 10 yd line is not the right play call.

I’m not giving up on gattis yet but he needs to be better or he won’t last a season
I think gattis is safe
He runs the style of offense Mario wants perfectly
It’s clear Mario’s way is winning is about physically beating your opponent not schematically
So we’re gonna have to give him time to get the players he needs Or he’ll just fail trying
He’s more like Kirby than saban

So you don't even try? You dont go to your 6'6 WR or big TEs and even try to score? Lol Not even once?
The play calling in the red zone was terrible. Seemed like they were OK just going for field goals. Our biggest issue is our wr core IMO, #2 is TVD, no idea what is going on with him. He hasn’t looked like the same guy from last year, and then Gattis, specifically his red zone play calling. What a disappointing effort in the passing game tonight, really worrisome.

Advertisement
LOL we have an OC/WR coach making over 1M a year and in 9 months he can't develop any 4* receiver to possibly match such elite talent like Rambo & Harley who weren't even draftable or on a 53 man roster.

How many times are you gonna have 3rd and 10 and run some shallow crossing route for 3-4 yards? Literal insanity. Maybe next we can draw up more designed TVD qb runs

I think gattis is safe
He runs the style of offense Mario wants perfectly
It’s clear Mario’s way is winning is about physically beating your opponent not schematically
So we’re gonna have to give him time to get the players he needs Or he’ll just fail trying
He’s more like Kirby than saban
This is right here. Additionally, for the most part, I didn't have an issue with what Gattis was doing. The opportunities were there, and our guys could not capitalize. Not saying this is us, but remember, UGA was god awful in Kirby's first year until they started the turnaround. It's gonna take some time for us.

This is right here. Additionally, for the most part, I didn't have an issue with what Gattis was doing. The opportunities were there, and our guys could not capitalize. Not saying this is us, but remember, UGA was god awful in Kirby's first year until they started the turnaround. It's gonna take some time for us.
Exactly Kirby couldn’t get over the hump until he he accumulated enough talent to just bully teams
Saban decided to adapt
I don’t see Mario doing that
That’s why guys like mauigoa and okunola are so important

The best part was brashard smith dropping that ball to end the game. Cause if restrepo was playing smith is on the bench

Advertisement
Are you serious brother? You think we weren't trying to stretch the field? I guess you didn't see how many drops we had before we even ran the ball once? How many times Tyler's lack of confidence led to him choosing short hitches opposed to moving the ball down field OR when he does take a shot down field he has so much hesitation to make the throw or locks onto the reciever for so long that the secondary is able to recover... You know better than this fam.

Trying to stretch the field with whom exactly? let me hear this. Their is 1 wr with sub 4.5 speed on this roster man.

Well they were playing 2 high safety alot either way...TX AM safeties arent good in coverage...they play them kinda deep...ask @SouthParkCane whats their weakness.

Thes wrs been dropping balls from the spring...If im TVD my lack of confidence is in them...which likely leads to some lack for himself.

These wr route concepts are pretty much based for one primary target anyway...The **** 4th down play if it didnt go to Brashard ...where was it going?.

Ive honestly seen enough of TVD to know he is a good player...I havent seen any wr on this roster make a play to give them a benefit of the doubt..other than Xavier Restrepo.

I dont know what to say @Brooklyndee while i was at the game last week i had my concerns with this O. Southern Miss dc had a beat on it...This offense will win with paper cuts...it aint stretching the field.

Exactly Kirby couldn’t get over the hump until he he accumulated enough talent to just bully teams
Saban decided to adapt
I don’t see Mario doing that
That’s why guys like mauigoa and okunola are so important
100% on point. We need to stack talent, that's how we win. Bring in three top ten classes and see how different this team looks in a few years. People forget how bad Kirby's first season was. Almost lost to a random FCS team at home, lost to anyone with a pulse, and even took a big L against a six-win Vanderbilt team. In Saban's first year at Bama, he finished his first regular season on a four-game losing streak, including a loss to Louisiana-Monroe at Bryant Deny. It takes time y'all.

Advertisement
Like you would’ve actually gotten them to commit lol

Funny how my posts are clowned but it was my posts that said this very thing would happen years ago.
You aint had a monopoly on that thought i said the same sh*t bro.
You watched the spring game right...we look like complete sh*t then on offense to me.

We been losing s.fla elite wrs for years...and not picking up elite guys from else where. Now atleast with Mario we will recruit hard and might hit on some guys after we miss on the elites. We aint signing Innis or Hykeem Williams...Jalen Brown aint elite...with another coach i woud have mor eocncern but i got a lil faith Mario still will land something else even if through the portal.

we were after receivers, this was reported in here and guys wanted to come
we were after receivers AFTER the spring and they realized these dudes werent it...They were late? BEFORE the spring i wanted 2 portal wrs because i know the guys we have now are complimentary pieces at their juncture.

we were after receivers AFTER the spring and they realized these dudes werent it...They were late? BEFORE the spring i wanted 2 portal wrs because i know the guys we have now are complimentary pieces at their juncture.
thats fair and on my end, i started questioning **** when i saw the drills gattis had to run with these guys...

but i didnt see it back then. now i do.

I don't think I've ever watched a game where if one f***ing player mage a play we win and NOBODY could make a play. Nobody turned nothing into something. Nobody took it upon themselves to win the game. I knew this game was over in the 3rd quarter because you could see nobody had any fight in them. How does that happen?
We don’t have that dude on offense. Not even one.

Advertisement
Back