“Commitments”

Trust me, the coaches know and see this stuff.
I believe so too but again, if they do, why allow this ? And then we sit around and act all surprised when someone plugged in sfla comes on here and tells us recruits still see Miami as a joke . This George kid is a **** three star only hearing from Indiana and is disrespecting Miami ? Can’t allow this sht

Advertisement
Why take these “commitments” ?

This is why we lead the nation in decommitments and it looks bad and becomes a running joke, when in reality these kids never should have been committed in the first place, and especially still shouldn’t be now after interviews like this.

Same with Francois who already decommitted once and might again , why allow and even push him to recommit before he’s absolutely sure

I doubt we even want Hundley at this point. DVD just sending the casual hey kid how ya doing? Texts

Sounds like their not priority kids right now. If the HC, DC or OC ain't taking a hands-on approach to your recruitment than you're probably not at the top of the board for the staff. No knock on anyone. It just is what it is.

Pretty much this. Not necessarily the HC or Coordinadors, but it's pretty evident by both of their comments, that they aren't actively being recruited.

Last edited:

This is why we lead the nation in decommitments and it looks bad and becomes a running joke, when in reality these kids never should have been committed in the first place, and especially still shouldn’t be now after interviews like this.

Same with Francois who already decommitted once and might again , why allow and even push him to recommit before he’s absolutely sure
Amusing that 3-star recruit Jacolby George is "waiting on better offers." Given our WRs right now, and others we are recruiting, I think he'd be very lucky if he doesn't get dropped by UM. He needs UM more than UM needs him.

I am still waiting for the Porster on CIS that says "They're just kids, let them have their experience. You only get it once" Bull S*&$. Come on dude, you know you are out there. You know you want to say "these two are 17 years old and that we weren't solid when we were that age".

Advertisement
Agreed. I'm not sure how much it happens, but it's been said our coaches are our own worst enemy with some of these commitments though. They push some of them into it instead of evaluating the attitude of the kids and building throughout the process. But yea, kid's are flakes so our coaches need to stop with that approach.

Sometimes these assistants are like baptist ministers at a revival meeting.... all that matters are the numbers

Disgusting.

syracuse and kentucky get wide receivers to the nfl? where they at tho? george must have meant the basketball programs. please drop em both jefe. we can/will do better than players that have this mentality.
Agreed. A dime-a-dozen WR recruit pulling that BS is just ridiculous. No reason for UM to even be polite about it. They should just tell him to please seek other options because he does not meet UM standards.

Advertisement
Remember the coaches can’t say anything about what recruits are doing.

Way too early to give a crap what these kids are babbling on about.

The road is littered with decommits we bailed or moved on from. The kids just spin it the way they want to.
Exactly and guys who will be working at enterprise and hertz in the next 5 years.

55621076-0194-4359-875C-C35DD36ACB9C.gif

Advertisement

After reading this quotes I'm concerned for their sanity tbh. Hundley looks like a player being processed out and George just sounds reaaaaally dumb.

If I was Manny I would inform these KIDS their scholarship offers has been revoked and the communication lines have been permanently cut. These are young men not little boys. When you give your word or pledge about something it must have value. These players have to be taught a very valuable lesson in life. DO IT MANNY

Advertisement
Both of them need kicked in the nerts so they wake the fvck up! They will be dropped or pushed out in time.

Funny how a lot of the local high school corches are oh sooooo quick to accept the praise of being portrayed as father-figures but then will claim to have zero influence when one of their "sons" starts to handle their recruitment in a classless and often very shortsighted manner.

LOL at their "commitment". Any kid can verbal. How many times have we seen this story before. Coaches probably told them something ambiguous like "we like what we see and want to offer you", and they used that "offer" to commit and raise their market value. There's nothing to see here.

Advertisement
Back