“Commitments”

Advertisement
Admittedly looking for "better offers." I'd just drop both. Since they haven't been in contact. Perhaps the coaching staff has just moved on and not even bothering to tell them.

Advertisement
The system of reporting on recruiting is archaic af.

This **** hasn't changed since the internet was invented. Its all the same with the same jargon that doesn't actually express what these student-athletes actually mean. Recruiting sites and outlets need to change up their vocabulary and how they are reporting. Also, I'd like to see Universities be a little more transparent (even through back channels like through reporters) with who they are ACTUALLY offering with real, pen-to-paper offers. Would also like to see these recruiting outlets start to categorize these recruits a bit better.

Advertisement
That's what a lot of fans who get so bent out of shape never seem to understand.

The fact that the position coaches aren't even in contact with them is a clear indicator they're going to be processed out.
Literally not sweating anything about either we have kids we are after that are way better than them. Taylor and Collins are lightyears ahead of Hundley and I doubt we take more than 4 dl entirely. And wide receivers are a overfill in soflo

The crazy part is BOTH are kids i wouldn't have stressed to offer this early or take commits from.

Every year they typically do it...because its to show progress behind whatever event/camp they had.

Its super early i really dont check for these future kids until after signing day....atleast George legit let you know where his head is at...both kids let you know they are UM leans but with us as a placeholder type....my opinion...RECRUIT OVER THEM.

I typically feel good about BTW kids though...and we hsould always be in play with D Jack coaching DL there.

Advertisement
As a former college coach it doesn’t matter nearly as much as the fans may think. They can’t talk publicly about a specific kid. If they could Manny would probably say these kids are a bunch of pussies no big deal. They’re probably done recruiting both of them but they can’t announce that to the public. And in Booker T’s case they certainly have to be careful about how they handle accepting or declining a kid.

George’s comments should really p!ss off the coaches. It depends on which other schools offer? And if he doesn’t like the schools that offer, he’ll stay with Miami?

My response would be - 👋 bye

Agreed. I read it and I thought the onion had a section on college football recruiting. I still can't believe that's a real quote. A five star would have more respect than that.

He should be instantly dropped or post one **** of an apology and say some b.s. that it was out of context.

Advertisement
As a former college coach it doesn’t matter nearly as much as the fans may think. They can’t talk publicly about a specific kid. If they could Manny would probably say these kids are a bunch of pussies no big deal. They’re probably done recruiting both of them but they can’t announce that to the public. And in Booker T’s case they certainly have to be careful about how they handle accepting or declining a kid.

This!!!, coaches aren’t going to burn HS bridges just to clown a kid....no matter how good it might make us feel. These kids know where they stand and they’re using Miami as leverage for other offers. In these cases I’m willing to bet the coaches aren’t that concerned.

Miami get’s screwed in many ways. If we don’t offer early the kids feel slighted, so we offer early. Then comes the grass is greener/Maybe a change of scenery is better for me phase and kids want to see what’s out there...so long as they still have the home team offer secure.
If we drop them they get so butt hurt they cry to their coaches to then try to steer future kids away.

It’s really a double edged sword here until we start winning consistently again.

Then why take there commitment then?
Exactly . That’s all I’m saying . Why take the commitment before you’re ready or the kid is ready . That same type of sht is exactly why kids play games with Miami , they watched the players in the classes before them do the same thing . I’m not complaining bout the recruits being flaky, they always will be . I’m wondering why the coaches are enabling it . You don’t have to call out a kid publicly to express displeasure with his commitment level. You talk to the kid himself or to the coaches that coach him. That’s the purpose of building these relationships . Manny can’t call up George’s coach and be like aye , what’s up with this kid disrespecting us like this ?

I guess the better question is why take the commitment?

NVM: Just saw someone posted this same thing above lol

It makes the staff and program look Bush League and Mickey Mouse, Amateur hour

Advertisement
Back