‘That’s crap, just crap.’

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
These were Mario’s words describing the George penalty.

It’s for sure a terrible mistake from a kid who was in the heat of the moment. He should pay his natural consequences and learn.

You know what else is ‘crap?’

Not emphasizing coaching mistakes as the same ‘crap.’ Being disingenuous with reporters about time management and timeout issues.

Everyone in the world knows the GT game was a wild error. National news! That wasn’t the only egregious error this season. Last year, Mario hired and fired almost an entire staff. Errors, right? Yet, we didn’t hear that tone about his own mistakes.

Why?

The superficial ‘it’s on me’ statements don’t have that same harshness.

Why?

Forgive me if I think leadership is about being harder on yourself than on those you lead. A wise person once told me that’s how you build trust.

Mario’s going to be here for a while. I hope we get better because I’m going to support the program either way. But, so long as we’re ‘getting back to work,’ maybe this is an area we can work on, too. Respectfully.

Advertisement
Advertisement
100 percent.

We know he isn’t going anywhere. Can a guy learn on the fly in this type of position? I sure hope so.
Mario been a corch for many MANY years already, THIS is what got him here. this isnt Manny learning on the job, he been making these types of decisions annually, I doubt they change anytime soon, it would be complete rebuild of his identity, I dont see that happening anytime soon.. ever..

These were Mario’s words describing the George penalty.

It’s for sure a terrible mistake from a kid who was in the heat of the moment. He should pay his natural consequences and learn.

You know what else is ‘crap?’

Not emphasizing coaching mistakes as the same ‘crap.’ Being disingenuous with reporters about time management and timeout issues.

Everyone in the world knows the GT game was a wild error. National news! That wasn’t the only egregious error this season. Last year, Mario hired and fired almost an entire staff. Errors, right? Yet, we didn’t hear that tone about his own mistakes.

Why?

The superficial ‘it’s on me’ statements don’t have that same harshness.

Why?

Forgive me if I think leadership is about being harder on yourself than on those you lead. A wise person once told me that’s how you build trust.

Mario’s going to be here for a while. I hope we get better because I’m going to support the program either way. But, so long as we’re ‘getting back to work,’ maybe this is an area we can work on, too. Respectfully.
I’ll tell you what’s crap , coaching costing you multiple games a year while paying them a ridiculous amount of money.

100 percent.

We know he isn’t going anywhere. Can a guy learn on the fly in this type of position? I sure hope so.
Pardon me if I don't hold my breath. Mario is what he is. It's not all bad, but his bad is really bad. He's extremely detailed, which is normally a good thing, but the downside of that is he's a really bad micro manager. He doesn't know how to be any other way.

Mario been a corch for many MANY years already, THIS is what got him here. this isnt Manny learning on the job, he been making these types of decisions annually, I doubt they change anytime soon, it would be complete rebuild of his identity, I dont see that happening anytime soon.. ever..
Welp, if that’s the case … it’s going to be rough until 2030ish because even with an upgrade in talent, this ain’t working.

Advertisement
Coming from a 20 plus year military career, and having somewhat a decent amount of leadership experience. I 1000% agree with the OPP! Take accountability for all mistakes. However, I don’t believe that all mistakes made are equal. Some mistakes are more egregious than others even though they are both still mistakes.

An example: Making a mistake and grabbing a players face mask in the moment of a tackle and getting a 15 yard penalty that cost your team the game vs making a mistake and standing over an opposing player celebrating/taunting after making a tackle.

They are both mistakes, but I’m definitely calling out the latter mistake more directly than the first one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It was dumb by George. Full stop, no denying it.

But you know what? George cares. He competes. He actually wants to win.

You know what's crap? Taking your foot totally off the accelerator up 21-14 with 3 minutes on the clock, when you have Ville on their heels, and knowing that they get the ball in the 2h.

You know what's crap? Going 0-fer in QB recruiting in the portal and HS.

You know what's crap? Whiffing on everyone at DT.

You know what's crap? The OL recruiting class for '24.

You know what's looking like absolute horse****? Our roster for '24.

This will definitely trickle down to recruiting and it already has. You don't think recruits and parents see what a colossal buffoon Mario is a day game coach botching almost every decision and losing games. Every opposing coach is eating this up and Mario adds fuel to fire every week outlining just how pathetic he is. Look in the mirror Marion and for the most part you have a dumb squad of players. You are the ring leader too. Wasting that timeout near the end of the just shows everyone what clown he is. It's an every game event that Mario embarrasses himself on national stage. Like I said when he got here, UM needs to hire a fulltime assistant to make critical decisions during game time. Mario is totally incapable of making smart intelligent decisions to win games. The entire team sees this. I think the portal will be very busy in the upcoming year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back