2023 ‘23 OT - Monroe Freeling

Advertisement
Was on the Sebastian Lane show tonight. Rasta raving about how he punishes the opposition 10-15 yards downfield.

Junior Season highlights. Rasta and DFranklin weren't joking, dude literally drove the DL 25 yards into the secondary on the first clip. IDK what type of competition he's playing but he says Mario and Mirabal are after him big time.

Edit: what he does to that blitzing DB at the 4:20 mark is just wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we can snag 1 elite recruit from SC every year, I'll be very happy. Last year Skinner, this year Freeling?

Dude doesn't sound like your typical deep south, $EC recruit and would likely adjust well to SFL.

In an ideal world, I'd love it if we could get elite recruits from these states every year

SC 1 (Freeling in this case)
GA 2-4
TX 2-4
LA 1-2
DMV 1-2
CA/West Coast 1-2

and round out with the state of Miami.

If we can snag 1 elite recruit from SC every year, I'll be very happy. Last year Skinner, this year Freeling?

Dude doesn't sound like your typical deep south, $EC recruit and would likely adjust well to SFL.

In an ideal world, I'd love it if we could get elite recruits from these states every year

SC 1 (Freeling in this case)
GA 2-4
TX 2-4
LA 1-2
DMV 1-2
CA/West Coast 1-2

and round out with the state of Miami.
Add 1-2 NY/NJ/CT/MASS and we are good. TVD, JHH are going to be current starters for us. CT has the prep academies, NJ has great football Those northern states fit our student body as we have a ton of those transplants on campus..and they are use to big city life.

Junior Season highlights. Rasta and DFranklin weren't joking, dude literally drove the DL 25 yards into the secondary on the first clip. IDK what type of competition he's playing but he says Mario and Mirabal are after him big time.

Edit: what he does to that blitzing DB at the 4:20 mark is just wrong.

Destroyed that blitzing DB easily. Looks the part of a mauler for sure. Would love to pickup a kid out of SC, he certainly looks the part. No worries at all with M&M recruiting OL talent. The kids we are on now all could become the trench bullying unit we’ll need to execute Gattis’s play calling. We’re going to have a massive group of OL to choose from along the OL very soon.

B70F18E5-A078-43E7-B89F-320D585DA03F.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If Mario lands this kid it will be a real shot at Dabo. They've got him pretty much penciled in their class
It'd be crazy. He doesn't seem like the mess-around type, either. He'd pull trigger this spring. Still...I've seen interviews with him. Super-smart, respectful, and navigates interviews well. Not to downplay the vibe, but that's my take.

Or maybe I'm still stuck in the major depressive disorder that Manny and others inflicted on all of us....

The buzz is crazy. If we can just win 9-10 games and look competitive all season we will have a top 5 class. Easily. Some of these guys I’ll bet are in “wait and see” mode. (Innis, Baxter, RYoung, IMG 5* OL, Hill, Hicks, etc) Don’t blame them. This momentum has to carry over into the season. We don’t have to win the ACC but just be competitive and win the games we are supposed to win. (No losses to FSU or UVA this season)

Advertisement
Back