2023 ‘23 OT - Monroe Freeling

The buzz is crazy. If we can just win 9-10 games and look competitive all season we will have a top 5 class. Easily. Some of these guys I’ll bet are in “wait and see” mode. (Innis, Baxter, RYoung, IMG 5* OL, Hill, Hicks, etc) Don’t blame them. This momentum has to carry over into the season. We don’t have to win the ACC but just be competitive and win the games we are supposed to win. (No losses to FSU or UVA this season)
That be competitive stuff was for Diaz. Texas was garbage truck juice and they got a top 5 class. We have recruiters. We also have good coaches but kids are not gonna look at individual games and be like oh am not going there. Thats for Diaz Golden and Shannon.

Advertisement
South Carolina always has some freakish athletes...

From Basketball players like Ja Morant, Zion Williamson & Kevin Garnett, to Football players like DeAndre Hopkins, Deebo Samuel, AJ Green, Alston Jefferey, Stephon Gilmore, Jadeveon Clowney, DeMarcus Lawrence, Robert Quinn, John Abraham, Jonathan Joseph, Hunter Renfrow etc...

Zion Nelson our LT & we signed 5-star TE Jaleel Skinner last year from South Car too.

I'm so ready to get the '23 Class done. Tension getting to be too much for me. All these big time prospect possibilities driving me crazy. Mainly the Orlando Boys.
Orlando Boys may be on the outside looking in by July 23 if they’re not set on coming. Sounds like we’re sitting best with the biggest name in Bryant.

That be competitive stuff was for Diaz. Texas was garbage truck juice and they got a top 5 class. We have recruiters. We also have good coaches but kids are not gonna look at individual games and be like oh am not going there. Thats for Diaz Golden and Shannon.
If we lay an egg in College station like we did against Bama last year..we will lose some momentum. That’s what I’m referring to. These kids still are not old enough to remember when we were great. We have had one good season in there lifetime. (2017), they have lived though the “Is Miami finally back?” years and every time we fell flat on our face. I’m not going to be fooled into thinking all these elite level kids are sold on things being different in March just like that. Don’t do it to yourself. We need to put some numbers on the board come Fall. I believe we will.

If we lay an egg in College station like we did against Bama last year..we will lose some momentum. That’s what I’m referring to. These kids still are not old enough to remember when we were great. We have had one good season in there lifetime. (2017), they have lived though the “Is Miami finally back?” years and every time we fell flat on our face. I’m not going to be fooled into thinking all these elite level kids are sold on things being different in March just like that. Don’t do it to yourself. We need to put some numbers on the board come Fall. I believe we will.
We struggle with recruiting because the coaches we had were respectfully. Puzzy. They had no will to challenge the big dogs for every recruit. Their operation was mom and pop. We have a profesional recruiting operation where we are in consistent contact with every recruit. If we have a bad game, that will also be communicated, just like every other big school does. Something we are just getting to. Cristobal recruited top 7 classes to Oregon, struggling on thw field is not gonna dent a coach who just came in when the kids knows they need time to install the culture. Its money, resources and dogged recruiting is what the kids gonna buy into. We will also be fine on the field

Advertisement
The buzz is crazy. If we can just win 9-10 games and look competitive all season we will have a top 5 class. Easily. Some of these guys I’ll bet are in “wait and see” mode. (Innis, Baxter, RYoung, IMG 5* OL, Hill, Hicks, etc) Don’t blame them. This momentum has to carry over into the season. We don’t have to win the ACC but just be competitive and win the games we are supposed to win. (No losses to FSU or UVA this season)
I agree except I believe we have to win 10 games at minimum including a victory or barn burner with TAMU and beat Clemson. LOL guess that'll mean we go undefeated. A season like Michigan had last year.

I agree except I believe we have to win 10 games at minimum including a victory or barn burner with TAMU and beat Clemson. LOL guess that'll mean we go undefeated. A season like Michigan had last year.
I don’t think we do. People know we haven’t been great and have a new staff. Think we have a long leash this year and probably next

Advertisement
If we can snag 1 elite recruit from SC every year, I'll be very happy. Last year Skinner, this year Freeling?

Dude doesn't sound like your typical deep south, $EC recruit and would likely adjust well to SFL.

In an ideal world, I'd love it if we could get elite recruits from these states every year

SC 1 (Freeling in this case)
GA 2-4
TX 2-4
LA 1-2
DMV 1-2
CA/West Coast 1-2

and round out with the state of Miami.
I believe he is originally from Oregon.

We struggle with recruiting because the coaches we had were respectfully. Puzzy. They had no will to challenge the big dogs for every recruit. Their operation was mom and pop. We have a profesional recruiting operation where we are in consistent contact with every recruit. If we have a bad game, that will also be communicated, just like every other big school does. Something we are just getting to. Cristobal recruited top 7 classes to Oregon, struggling on thw field is not gonna dent a coach who just came in when the kids knows they need time to install the culture. Its money, resources and dogged recruiting is what the kids gonna buy into. We will also be fine on the field
How about we split the difference and just have a good season and we won’t have to worry about any of this. Lol.

Kid does not appear like your typical Southern Red Neck. Highly educated, 4.8 GPA, is articulate, and does not sound like Steele or Coach O. I also think he should be the # 1 OL Tackle for this coming year. His film was outstanding.

Advertisement
I believe he is originally from Oregon.
That would explain why Mario was after him while he was at Oregon. I know Mario recruits nationwide but I thought it odd that he would be recruiting a SC player while at Oregon. That mystery is solved.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This could be an epic class
It’ll be the highest ranked class since Coker days.

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF

Advertisement
Back