Zalon'tae Hillery

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
So in the Work [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] said Hillery may commit over the weekend. He also noted this is an under the radar kid. What does everyone think about him? I can't really find much about him other than his Hudl highlights: Zalontae Hillery - Hudl

Advertisement
He's got Bama offer and the gators ? Even if he's not a Bama take he must be good if Bama is even looking at him with all those big time ol on the board for them . I like those the big nasty GA Ol . Pete OT ?

Advertisement
I like the idea of recruiting him from now as, but I don't see him as a take right now, there are better options still on the board. He is a RT or OG in college. Miami needs to add a true LT in the 2017 Class.

[HUDL]video/3/4796727/5721c7e064e96b6380106dd0[/HUDL]

He's got Bama offer and the gators ? Even if he's not a Bama take he must be good if Bama is even looking at him with all those big time ol on the board for them . I like those the big nasty GA Ol . Pete OT ?

100% agree...Anytime you can get up on Gators and Bama you get up....

He looks like he has lost weight from his highlights, in this clip of him squatting 500lbs.

[TWEET]706999736478339072[/TWEET]

From what i seen they said last year was his first year playing football which is why he is under the radar.

Advertisement
He will definitely benefit from a redshirt year were ever he goes he has the frame to fill out with another 30lbs over the next 3years.

[TWEET]706994128882704385[/TWEET]

He looks like he has lost weight from his highlights, in this clip of him squatting 500lbs.

[TWEET]706999736478339072[/TWEET]

Where to begin.. first off, they are getting zero coaching in hiw to lroperly lift and use real techniques in the weightroom. Not only was that not a squat, but the video of the power clean might even be worse with his form. It really is a shame with all the resources available online that these coaches cant show kids how to lift properly and avoid injuries just waiting to happen

kid's a tackle all the way. looks like an athlete for his size. no clue if he's any good or not, but if bama, florida, and we have offered him there's gotta be something to it.

Link to article about Bama having offered Hillery
GA's Hillery picks up Alabama offer - Local Sports - Home

GA's Hillery picks up Alabama offer

The Brunswick News | Posted 2 months ago

Add another name to the list of big-time high school football recruits in the area: Zalontae Hillery.

Glynn Academy's 6-foot-4, 285-pound defensive lineman already had roughly 15 offers on his sheet, mostly from mid- to lower-tier Division I programs. That all changed last week when the University of Alabama extended an offer to the Red Terrors big man. Since then, Hillery has already picked up offers from Florida and Miami as well.

“He's about to take off,” head coach Rocky Hidalgo said. “He's probably got about 20 offers now, but he's about to have 50.”

Prior to the Alabama offer Friday, Hillery had offers from Wake Forest, Central Michigan, Georgia Southern and Cincinnati, among others. With the Crimson Tide on board, many more are likely to begin flowing in, and he might finally be recognized as a rated prospect.

“He's just raw. Nobody wants to be the first guy on the boat with that stuff,” Hidalgo said. “I give Alabama and Nick Saban credit. I didn't expect Alabama to be the first one, but I expected they'd get in the boat before it was all said and done.”

Advertisement
The kid is raw, like many high school o line.

I think he's a take. He has the size..with room to grow and athleticism. You can never recruit enough oline.

Advertisement
Not trying to bring the kid down, but could he be faking some of the offers? Just all seems strange, why would a bama, miami, and gator offered recruit be so hidden.

From what i seen they said last year was his first year playing football which is why he is under the radar.

Which explains a lot cuz the kid looks very raw. What I did like is the fact that the kid is very aggressive, he has some pop, and he looks very athletic. If I remember correctly Mount McKinney was very raw coming out of high school and he turned out well. Not saying that he's Mount McKinney just saying that most offensive lineman are molded.

Last edited:
Key with recruiting big men is finding guys with great frames, plus athleticism for their size, and big motors. The rest a good college OL coach can teach.

I tend to shy away from the big HS slobs with dicey motors who dominate once in awhile on size alone.

Hard to tell much from that tape. Competition is bad and it's difficult to see how big he really is.

Apparently, this is Hillery's first year playing organized football. You can see some flexibility and athleticism. Good opportunity for him to test himself against local DEs.

Advertisement
Back