Signee Derrick Smith

CANEMC

⭐️⭐️ Extra Premium
He's up to 205lbs now, training with his cousin ex-NFLer Lito Sheppard and set to arrive May 21. Will he get into the Safety rotation next season? He'll definitely have the size to compete right away.

Advertisement
Diaz loves him. Could play the hybrid LB/S rover/nickle role that Grace was supposed to man but Diaz had to scramble and filled with Johnson (successfully) last season.

I like Smith. I think he's really slept on. I like him to get into our safety rotation eventually this season after catching up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Loved the signing. I think he RS or ST mainly this season, but he will be a baller here. He's the tough nosed kid that programs like VT usually sign and then terrorize the ACC on Bud Foster's blitzes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Good news about Smith. Didn't know he was related to Sheppard. He was one of the best CBs Florida has had. He would've looked better at Miami....Thankfully JAX seems to be our backyard now - didn't expect that to happen....

He's up to 205lbs now, training with his cousin ex-NFLer Lito Sheppard and set to arrive May 21. Will he get into the Safety rotation next season? He'll definitely have the size to compete right away.

Advertisement
Any kid who has his shirt off while being visited by our coaches is an automatic super stud. This dude is the goods based solely on that.

Speaking of big safeties...Is there any word at all on Romeo Finley this spring? I'm shocked he hasn't been moved to LB yet. That's not a knock, I just thought he was LB all the way when we recruited him. I think it's a lock one of him/Smith ends up at LB, if I had to guess it would be Finley, but neither would shock.

I like Smith. I think he's really slept on. I like him to get into our safety rotation eventually this season after catching up.

Agree. I love his film.

Same here...big kid that can move and delivers big time hits.

Outside of the big hits, I don't think he gets proper respect for his athleticism. Also, I love the fact that he played WR. Need players in the secondary that can make plays on the ball.

Advertisement
Back